[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /his/ tell me why anyone would want to be a humanist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1498964981051.jpg (47KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
1498964981051.jpg
47KB, 750x725px
Can /his/ tell me why anyone would want to be a humanist?
>>
>>3079761
>why would a human want to adopt a philosophy that privileges humans?
>>
because they are human?
>>
It's a reactionary stance to theism. It takes the better and makes it look worse.
>>3079779
Humanism does no such thing. Humanism dehumanizes.
>>
>Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.
>objective value and goodness
>rational
oxymoronic.
>>
I'm a legal egalitarian because I don't believe anybody should have the right to define what characteristics entitle some class of people to privilege. It always ends in nepotism. I don't deny that some people achieve more than others, but they should have to prove it, not inherit it.

As for human rights, I don't believe they're transcendental or objective, but they're necessary to prevent violent revolutions in society. Also, they discourage cruelty - something anybody will protest if inflicted upon them. If you disagree you're a fucking edgelord.
>>
>>3079761
Disillusioned with the status quo and then reading Roman scrolls was like us reading Wikipedia pages or watching EPIC MUSIC VIDEOS
>>
>>3079912
IF ANYBODY DISAGREES WITH MY FENCE-SITTING IDEOLOGY THEN THEYRE JUST LE EDGY AND PROBABLY HAVE FEDORAS AND KATANAS AND FEDORA MADE OUT OF KATANAS WITH AN EXAGGERATED CURVE HAHAHA
>>
File: baal3.png (84KB, 262x317px) Image search: [Google]
baal3.png
84KB, 262x317px
>>3079761
>>3079785

>Can /his/ tell me why anyone would want to be a humanist?

Because they're too oblivious as to the reality of this world to be theists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMyj4L_x81A
>>
>>3079761
Because it's correct.
>>
>>3079960
>Having this much wood shoved up his ass
>Claiming anyone else is sits on a fence
>>
>>3080024
*sharpens katana fedora on bones of enemies*
>>
>>3080032
*unzips dick*
>>
>>3080043
*prepares jutsu*
>>
>>3079960
>explicitly humanist in a thread about humanism
>fence sitting

Okay.

>supporting cruelty isn't edgy because le fedora katana xd
>>
>>3079761
Do you mean secular humanism?
>>
>>3080271
Humanism is cruelty, you dope.
>>3080884
All humanism is secular. It inherently replaces God with a false notion about humanity.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.