[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nicholas' wealth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (84KB, 682x682px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
84KB, 682x682px
How the hell dick Nicholas II and the Romanov's get so wealthy? 400 billion?
>>
>>3078414
Anon, they ruled Russia during the time that it was becoming a global superpower. It's not that hard to imagine that they got rich over that time.
>>
>>3078433
I mean what were their assets made from?
>>
>>3078444
The answer : the way every Russian has ever become rich, by stealing from his own people.
>>
>>3078414
People forget how big and how populated russia is.
>>
>>3078433
>becoming
Russia was a backward shithole compared to the rest of Europe. They had almost no railroads and industrial capacity
>>
>>3078433
there is so much wrong in that sentence I dont think you have basic understanding of history
>>
>>3078414
>why would the dynasty that ruled the world's largest county for 300 years accumulate wealth?
>>
>>3078414
I do remember reading that the personal wealth of Nic's family wasnt so great and that several russian nobles were far richer than him because of their estates. Apparently it was tradition for the monarch to spend a great deal of money in gifts, parties and other events that he had to pay from his own pocket, not the state treasury, meaning that by the end of the year he had little left.
>>
>>3078491
>>3078465
Russia had like the 4th or 5th largest GDP of the world in 1913 so that guy is kind of right.
>>
No but seriously where did his actual money come from? Did he make a cut of the grain the Russian empire exported? I don't get it.
>>
>>3079819
>where did his actual money come from?
there was no actual money, it was his net worth, which meant every state asset in russia was considered his personal wealth. The entire navy was his private property. He had no scrooge mcduck type cash caches all around russia.
>>
File: mv3OCs11tl5x3io1_500.png (83KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
mv3OCs11tl5x3io1_500.png
83KB, 500x337px
>>3078448
>>
>>3078414
Healthy competition in a free market.
>>
>>3078414
He was really good at poker
>>
>>3080388
>He was really good at poker
>dealt a good hand
>proceeds to squander it
what did the Tsar mean by this?
>>
>>3078414
Because he was a total autocrat the entire Russian state and its apparatus was his personal property that he could (at least theoretically) shape at his whim.
>>
>>3080416
He didn't know when to fold 'em
>>
>>3078465
>>3078491
Russia was industrialising but at a slow rate, this was Germany's exuse for war
Anyway because of how large it is, ad when everyone else is an empire why wouldn't it be high, Australia doesn't have that much gold
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.