[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consider this:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

The leftwing and rightwing dichotomy has been replicated by political science showing it has a psychological basis and biological one, even genetic. See the work by Avi Tuschman, Jonathan Haidt and John R. Hibbing et al (which have some overlap but can be considered competing theories).

What if there is not only leftwing and rightwing but also, dare I say it, upwing, perhaps even downwing? And no, sociology doesn't count as proof it exists. We need cognitive, biological and genetic evidence.
>>
the fuck is 'upwing' and 'downwing' suppose to mean?
>>
Would gender differences explain the ratio of WNs to SJWs among the genders?

So basically, if the WNs of /pol/ (also the fringe minority which isn't Mexican American) were born female they would be SJWs on Tumblr.
>>
>>3075737
It is a play on leftwing and rightwing that's all. You should've been smart enough to figure that out. We can also call it forwardwing and backwardwing.

Jonathan Haidt has the moral foundations theory which is sort of like the Big Five but for moral values. Then some studies found there are some differences in taste and smell between rightwing and leftwing people. And a difference in how rightwing and leftwing play a game (so a cognitive difference)

The idea is that it is possible that we found a third or fourth, if we find a different moral foundations combination or a different set of taste and smell, or cogntive.

I must say I find the idea highly arousing
>>
>>3075749
Those studies can be done because there already exist the defined social conventions of 'left and right wing' through which those personal values can be assessed. While someone may be genetically or socially predisposed to adopting certain values, how those values actually express themselves depend almost entirely on the social conventions they are exposed to. A person who exhibits those moral indicators of a modern 'left wing' individual can only be called such because we have this preexisting convention of 'left wing' to interpret them through. That there could be a bundle of genetic or moral indicators for a 'third way' is fallacious because they could never be identified without an existing a social framework for those values to be interpreted through.
>>
>>3075786
>While someone may be genetically or socially predisposed to adopting certain values, how those values actually express themselves depend almost entirely on the social conventions they are exposed to.
I do wholeheartedly agree. The way I see it is that we are born with certain physical and cognitive quirks which may or may not result into left and right wing ideology, but that the environment plays a role in it as well.

I believe the environment is more as social conventions alone though. There was some research in economics showing that those of low mate value or high mate value tend to adopt different views on redistribution.

And I think individual experiences instead of social conventions are more important.
>That there could be a bundle of genetic or moral indicators for a 'third way' is fallacious because they could never be identified without an existing a social framework for those values to be interpreted through.
You are right and here I am wrong. Though it does mean if we would ever identify people with some cognitive or physical quirk, and if these people tend to cluster around a certain ideology a third or fourth way would be possible.

But still it could be possible that these people would cluster around the left or right, or even middle, and perhaps for social reasons. Group dynamics is certainly not unimportant, though I still hold my view that the underlying quirks and other environmental reasons might be more important.
>>
>>3075865
>Group dynamics is certainly not unimportant, though I still hold my view that the underlying quirks and other environmental reasons might be more important.
Or at least, less important as commonly believed. So relative to.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.