[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three Orders of Mankind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1145.jpg (29KB, 219x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1145.jpg
29KB, 219x215px
>Here below, some pray, others fight, still others work . . . from the beginning, mankind has been divided into three parts, among men of prayer, farmers, and men of war . .

Would you rather be one who fights, one who works, or one who prays in the Middle Ages? I'd rather be the one who worked because fighting would kill me and praying is boring. So ironically, I think life would be best as a peasant for me. What about you, /his/? Who would you be?
>>
I´ve known since childhood that in the middle ages I would be a monk/clergy, even though I don´t believe in god lmao.

Advantages: study, hard work, but not alienating, can grow your own organic foods, brew your own beer, companionship, no women around.
>>
File: IMG_0774.png (6KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0774.png
6KB, 264x191px
>>3070748
Sadly you'd be praying most of the time so you're pretty much cucked to begin with imo, especially if you're a secretly atheist monk
>>
Probably one who prays. But I'd probably be a lot like Luther during his monastic days, a completely neurotic spaz worrying all the time about whether I'm getting it right and if I'd done enough, and pissing off my confessors with detailed, seemingly-frivolous confessions.
>>
>>3070748
>>3070802
>inb4 everyone in thread prefers clergy
>>
>>3070741
>Airborne officer
One who fights, I've always loved fighting and warfare. I don't like hurting people per say in that I am the last one to start a fight and the first one to apologize for hurting someone, but fighting has always been something I enjoy. Wrestling, boxing, just fighting with my drunk friends for the sake of fighting. Among the sports I've done in my life I've done wrestling, fencing, football, archery, and obviously I know how to shoot guns seeing how I'm an airborne officer.

Also I've always been interested in warfare since I was a small child, the whole reason I got into history was watching war documentaries and reading books about historical wars as a kid. When I was younger I didn't mind church some of the times because the old testament wars and battles were interesting to me.
>>
>>3070741
I would 100% Be a bandit or a lone traveler / merchant bounty hunter or a serviceman
>>
>>3070825
>actually wanting to be a knight
>>
>>3070811
It shouldn't be particularly surprising. The vast majority of people on 4chan are leading sedentary, clerical lives.
>>
>>3070741
What about those who rule?
>>
File: IMG_0757.jpg (54KB, 372x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0757.jpg
54KB, 372x447px
>>3070852
Those who fight are those who rule.
>>
If we're talking about fighting in the grand sense, I'd be a fighter. Forming alliances, ambushing and killing my enemies and occasionally putting on a metal outfit and running over untrained and barely-armed peasants until I have a story to exaggerate.

If we're talking about being a common foot soldier, than I'd just be a heretical monk.
>>
I don't think people really "choose" to be farmers. You just kind of accept it because you were born into a family of them and your social role is static. Maybe you could get lucky and apprentice a tradesman or merchant, but you'll most likely be stuck helping out for the harvest and working the land when you come of age. Biggest social change for you is likely going to war when drafted by your local lord, with only a spear or farming tool, and a shirt or gambeson.
>>
I'm a humble farmer. I'm good at repetitive tasks and generally very agreeable and co-operative to a fault. Leave me to my hovel and my beets, power fantasy cucks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.