[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

100 Years War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 6898385914_824fc90914_b.jpg (308KB, 1024x762px) Image search: [Google]
6898385914_824fc90914_b.jpg
308KB, 1024x762px
>King John "The Blind" of Bohemia insists on personally fighting in the Battle of Crécy despite being, you know, completely blind.
>*Dies*
Is this the moment when chivalry went too far?
>>
>>3070475
Enrico Dandolo was blind when he rammed his ship into the walls of Constantinople knowing that his men would be motivated to protect him and would rush into the fight with high morale. It worked too. Just thought that was worth a mention.
>>
>>3070540
See those chains attached to John's horse? He ordered two bodyguards to chain their horses to his so that they could guide him into the melee.
>>
>>3070540
I never knew that, pretty cool actually. You always hear how Venice was ruled by these filthy rich shady merchants, it seems strange for someone like that to take part in a battle
>>
>>3070989
Supposedly he was hit in the head by a mob in Constantinople, which supposedly caused his blindness and left him with a grudge against the eastern roman empire
>>
>>3070475
>middle aged
>blind
>count of fucking Luxembourg
>most likely a figurehead as well
>decide to go out like a boss
>spineless retard 7 centuries later shits on you on a Taiwanese pottery imageboard

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3071009
He was king of bohemia as well
>>
>>3071027
Yeah, but he was also count of fucking Luxembourg.
>>
File: midden.jpg (64KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
midden.jpg
64KB, 357x500px
>>3070475

> "My Lord, stop hitting us, we're on your side!"

- random Bohemian man at arms, near Crécy, cca. 1346
>>
>>3070989
Quite a few leaders of Italian city states led battles personally in their 70s 80s and sometimes even 90s.

Don't fuck with an Italian and his money
>>
Ahahahahahahah nigga how are you blind ahahahahahahah like nigga just open your eyes ahahahahahahah just keep swinging until you hit something
>>
>>3071110
>My lord please stop eating us
A knight speaking to Charles VI
>>
>>3070989
You don't get to be the head of the most cutthroat trading organization in the world by being a meek and mild guy.
>>
>>3070475
He probably thought it would be an easy victory since the English were so heavily outnumbered and mostly made up of archers
>>
>>3071311
>My lord please stop eating us
Story?
>>
>>3071355
Guy was as mad as a hatter.
>>
>>3071444
I know that, but I can't find any source for cannibalism..
>>
>>3071465
No clue where he got that from either.
>>
>>3071090
What's your fucking point?
>>
>>3071659
Dude, LUXEMBOURG. LMAO.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.