[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the old croats slavs, schytians or goths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2ivfytd.jpg (447KB, 1310x950px) Image search: [Google]
2ivfytd.jpg
447KB, 1310x950px
Were the old croats slavs, schytians or goths?
>>
A cultural mix of all of these plus Illyrians likely.
>>
>>3069411
The Original people who lived in the area were Illyrian tribes which were conquered and romanized culturally while retaining their native languages in some rural areas. Which is why the Proto-Albanian language survived
>>
>>3069411
I swear I saw an almost identical map but with Serbs coming from "Serboi" or something similar.
>>
>>3069411
WE
>>
>>3069411
Well patriarch Nicephorus mentions Kouvratos, who reigned north of the Black Sea after forcing the Avars out of his land. He is indentified as Koubrat, founder of Old Bulgaria, however.
>>
>>3069411
WUZ
>>
>>3070960
On that note, the Bulgars were most likely not nomadic peoples, as it was accepted until the 90s, at least not when they settled on the Balkans. The argument for this are the numerous necropolei in NE Bulgaria and SE Romania with 500+ burials. I think most scholars today emphasize the Sarmatian influence, so if you are looking for a Balkan nation with roots linked to Schytians/Sarmatians, there you have it.
>>
If you're r1a you descend from Slavic Scythian horse people from Poland, if you're i2b you're a native balkanoid that never got cucked by the poles who arrived in the 7th but merely picked up their language through the centuries.
>>
>>3070977
dont you mean i2a?
>>
>>3069411
The anthem actually fucking said WE WUZ NOT GOTHS
>>
>>3070977

>Scythian
>Poland

Poland isn't the Slavic homeland and Scythia is more like Ukraine/Kazakhstan.
Besides

>The time of origin is between 20,000 and 25,000 years ago. Haplogroup I is divided into I1 and I2. The origin of I2 is about 15,000 years ago. SubHaplogroup I2 is further divided into I2a and I2b.

I2 is the indigenous haploshit of Europe.
>>
>>3070897
I have read a theory of how Albanian comes from Dacia and they moved to Albania escaping the Slavs/Goths/Huns or all of them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.