[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the fourth crusade had not happened? Could they have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 57a379dda397c.png (411KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
57a379dda397c.png
411KB, 1920x1080px
What if the fourth crusade had not happened? Could they have reconquered the rest of Anatolia and Egypt?
>>
>>3068736
No, the fourth crusade was a sign of how weak the byzantines had become.
>>
>>3068736
>What if the fourth crusade had not happened? Could they have reconquered the rest of Anatolia

By they i think you mean Gr**ks
No lol, it was a stalemate, we (Turks) were constantly fighting against Byzantines, sometimes we won sometimes we lost, even after Turks defeated a large Byzantine/Crusader army at Myriokephalon, Turks managed to fuck up at Western Anatolia while raiding a Greek town and killing its inhabitants inside Byzantine borders.

Also Mongol invasion made more Turks/Turkmens to migrate to Anatolia and this new manpower influx made Turks to conquer new lands in Western Anatolia.
>>
Probably not.
The empire was again falling apart after the Angeloi usurped the throne.
>>
>>3068736
The fourth crusade was supposed to conquer Egypt, at that time Copts stilled formed the majority of the Egyptian population until being shoah'd by Mamelukes in the 13th or 14th century. But they needed Byzantine military support to attack the Turks in Anatolia first so they tried to overthrow the Byzantine emperor to install another Greek nobleman who promised to support the crusades as emperor. The siege went out of hand and resulted in the city being sacked.

So if the 4rth crusade actually went as planned and succeeded then yes the crusaders would've conquered Egypt and today Egypt would probably be a Christian majority state like Lebanon used to be assuming timurids and ottomans don't invade it.
>>
>>3068745
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.