[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Mexican-American war, /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1499733924852.png (252KB, 1145x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1499733924852.png
252KB, 1145x1288px
Redpill me on the Mexican-American war, /his/
>>
Every single one of those squares is true.
>>
>>3065057
CHI
>>
>>3065068
This.
>>
>>3065057
CALIFORNIOS DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>3065068
>>3065164
t. topped out at a high school education
>>
Mexico tried to assert rights over some settlers and was blown the fuck out by a minor force of gringoes who had a cannon and some testicles.

Later, they were blown out by a force much more organized and militarized than theirs, known as the United States of America. The United States actually paid for the lands ceded by the Mexicans, not just taking them by right of conquest.
>>
>>3066184
Go back.
>>
File: 'Nam baby.jpg (274KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
'Nam baby.jpg
274KB, 1600x1200px
>>3066190
>The United States actually paid for the lands ceded by the Mexicans, not just taking them by right of conquest.

Yeah, less than half of what they'd offered to pay originally, for what amounted to half of Mexico's landmass and most of its precious resources, was insult to injury that the California Gold Rush happened just one year after the war ended.

The war was American imperialism plain and simple, inherited from the fatherland and "justified" to this day under "muh manifest destiny" bullshit. No less a figure than Ulysses S. Grant who fought in the war would comment the following:

>Generally, the officers of the army were indifferent whether the annexation was consummated or not; but not so all of them. For myself, I was bitterly opposed to the measure, and to this day regard the war, which resulted, as one of the most unjust ever waged by a stronger against a weaker nation. It was an instance of a republic following the bad example of European monarchies, in not considering justice in their desire to acquire additional territory.

tl;dr America was the bad guy and completely deserves to have millions of illegal Mexicans suckling on the taxpayers' teats.
>>
>>3066190
it was common courtesy to pay for territory taken in war
Even the philippines was paid for, albeit at a sum that any old american industrialist could have paid for out of pocket.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.