[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Denmark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

Can we have a thread about Denmark, its a tiny country that had a great impact in their region. I recently got very interested in Denmark and would like to know more? Anything will help, people, events, wars, e.t.c. that will get me started, recommend books, documentaries e.t.c.
>>
Denmark has been completely irrelevant since the 30-years war.

t. Dane
>>
>>3063707
>what is LEGO
Fjols! (;
>>
>>3063707

What about before the 30 years war? Danelaw? Denmark pretty much controlled most of Scandinavia didn't it?
>>
>>3064046
>be denmark
>decide to defend protestants
>get btfo so hard you switch sides
>declare war on sweden that declared itself defender of protestants
>get btfo and lose a third of your nation

The history of Denmark was suffering after the death of the Kalmar Union.
>>
>>3063477
If you can read Danish i would recommend "Slagtebænk Dybbol", i just finished it today.

To understand danish history and mentality, you have to read about the war of 1864, it pretty much defined Denmark as it is today.
>>
File: Swedish_Empire.png (349KB, 1802x2213px) Image search: [Google]
Swedish_Empire.png
349KB, 1802x2213px
>>3063477
Sweden is better, we should have a thread about them instead
>>
File: Desire to know more.jpg (93KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
Desire to know more.jpg
93KB, 640x512px
>>3064066

>The history of Denmark was suffering after the death of the Kalmar Union.

Now i want to know more about the thirty years war.

>>3064104
>If you can read Danish i would recommend "Slagtebænk Dybbol", i just finished it today.

Sadly i can't.

>you have to read about the war of 1864, it pretty much defined Denmark as it is today.

I have, but, to be honest mostly from a Prussian perspective.

>>3064107

Fuck off penis empire, Denmark > Sweden

FACT
>>
Danes are horrible people today and have been so since almighty Tor cleared his throat of phlegm by spitting into the ocean and Denmark was created. They will oppress your Inuits and massacre your burghers and nobles the first chance they get.

>>3064107
This anon though, he is quick witted and brave like brother herring, heed him
>>
File: DenmarkBTFO.gif (16KB, 250x292px) Image search: [Google]
DenmarkBTFO.gif
16KB, 250x292px
>>3064136
>Denmark > Sweden
The result proves otherwise
>>
>>3063477
What are the soldiers seeing? They look terrified
>>
>>3064160
A speech therapeut
>>
>>3064155
Nice flag Sweden, where did you get the idea?

>>3064141
>>3064167

Nordic banter, what are the other stereotypes?
>>
>>3064304
In short, Norwegians are stupid but loveable because their language makes them sound happy all the time. Danes are verbally handicapped alcoholics in the continental "don't mind If I have 3 beers with lunch"-kinda way. Finns are just knife-wielding alcoholics in no particular way and I belive the others think that we're somewhat stuck up and snobbish, but why would I care what they think?
>>
>>3064342
Norwegians are cool.
>>
>>3064136
>Now i want to know more about the thirty years war.

It's actually a very interesting and sad part of history.
>the last religious war in Europe that developed into a France vs Habsburgs conflict
>large scale continental involvement
>pike and shot warfare, mercenaries
>German towns, cities, and villages looted en masse with local populations dropping by up to 50%, sometimes more
>8 MILLION CASUALTIES
>>
File: Norway_About_1265.png (26KB, 1219x659px) Image search: [Google]
Norway_About_1265.png
26KB, 1219x659px
>not making a thread on the best scandinavian country
whew lad
>>
>>3064447
*worst
>>
>>3064107
But no one is interested in Swden, unless if it's about laughing at them. The hip Skandi nations is denmark.
>>
>>3064460
.t swede
>>
>>3064447
>Best
>Missed out on 700 years
>>
>>3064342
Swedes are pompous, monotonous, and overly political.
>>
>>3063477
A pretty good drama about the war with the Prussians in 1864, is the aptly named Danish series "1864", it features many famous Danish actors, and I'm sure you can find it with English subtitles.
>>
File: 1499514526064.jpg (70KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499514526064.jpg
70KB, 416x600px
>>3064160
They are going into battle heavily outmatched by the Prussians, this time with no foreign help.
>>
>>3064046
>North Sea Empire
>Kalmar Union
Yeah things were pretty grand
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.