[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Rhodesia /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170710_151605.jpg (71KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170710_151605.jpg
71KB, 372x351px
Tell me about Rhodesia /his/
>>
File: defenders .jpg (118KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
defenders .jpg
118KB, 528x960px
>>3061246
>>
Uhh, white people were fine and then niggers ruined it, or that is what /pol/ told me so.
>>
>>3061249
I'm not even a /pol/ack but can you disprove this >>3061248? Had Mugabe not done a coup, could Zimbabwe-Rhodesia have continued the progress of Rhodesia?
>>
>Britain wants a Cape to Cairo railroad
>takes over a bunch of bumfuck Africa
>eventually Africa becomes a political liability because the US and USSR are both more powerful than UK and both of them want decolonization
>Britain refuses to grant independence to a country without majority rule
>Rhodesia declares independence to dodge the majority rule thing
>literally every major power basically tells them to go fuck themselves
>eventually get ROFLstomped after the Portuguese stop being fascist and get out of Africa, leaving Angola and Mozambique open to guerrillas backed by the USSR and China
>everything goes okay for about ten years and then Mugabe goes full retard
>later on, stormfags settle on them as a mascot, despite the fact that nobody in Rhodesia liked them
>>
>>3061260
The Internal Settlement was signed in 1978 and Mugabe took over in 1980. Not "ten years." Muzorewa was the country's last best hope and he was imprisoned by Mugabe in 1983. The Shona started massacreing people from 1983 to 1987.
>>
>>3061252

Mugabe was democratically elected through the strength of the voice of the people.
>>
>>3061270
I was referring specifically to the farm takeovers and the economic collapse.

Still, this is a classic example of the 7 Ps in action.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Ian Smith could have had better terms in 1964, but he chose to deny reality until it was too late to avoid a total collapse of their system of government.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyav1WBettg&t=201s
>>
>>3061274
>Reality

Who's reality? Why should they have to give up their land simply because of where their ancestors settled.
>>
>>3061359
Because all five members of the UN Security Council oppose your continued existence and moral superiority doesn't stop bullets.
>>
Africa's last best hope (now lost).
>>
>>3061252
Ian Smith originally had high hopes for Mugabe.
Obviously he didn't really turn out.
>>
>>3061273
He also prove the white Rhodesians concerns 100% justified and turned the jewel of Africa into the go to example of a failed state.
Blacks are incapable of civilisation.
>>
A white country with a black majority
>>
>>3061359
They didn't have to give up their land, they just had to let the blacks fucking vote as equal citizens.
Botswana, LITERALLY NEXT DOOR TO RHODESIA, accepted majority rule without an autistic twenty year civil war and they have had a constitutional democracy with regular elections ever since.
>>
>>3061246
Colonialism remembered by /pol/ for only its best characteristics.
>>
>>3061248

Oh boy this /pol/fogram

Where all the Rhodesian olympic medals and World Championships.

Oh wait they don't have any.
>>
>>3061433

Of course he 'proved' the whites right. When you build a civilization on the racist exploitation of the working peoples, don't be mad when POC get pissed off.
>>
File: 1458729847952.png (170KB, 403x393px) Image search: [Google]
1458729847952.png
170KB, 403x393px
>>3061512
>national worth is determined by sports achievements
>>
>>3061532
Yeah, nothing is more liberating like being forced to vote for the same guy under threat of violence for several decades while he steals all the choicest parcels of land for himself and his buddies, while ruining the economy to the point of switching the national currency to USD because your own was so devalued.
wtf I love Mugabe now!
>>
>>3061536

> the guy explicitly put "world class athletes" under the list of (((achievements)))
>>
>>3061532
This post is so /leftypol/ it hurts
>>
Literal communist nigger revolutionaries ruined the best place in all of Africa, and it was of course the best under white westerners.
This is the underlying truth, and why we try and pretend it didn't exist.
>>
>>3061532
"This is German empire. They are bringing civilisation to Togo. They build hospitals, construct railways and plant crops. But they know the blacks would hate them no matter how nice they are to them, so they slaughter all of them in advance.
Germany is smart. Be like Germany."
>>
>>3061274
>Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Those are 6 P's
>>
>>3061565
Yeah and your retardheid segregationism was so great it got overran by a horde of enraged feral niggers who went ahead and turned it into a shithole anyway. Every country that had colonialism, slavery, and segregation sucks more than countries that didn't.
>>
>>3061665
>Every country that had colonialism, slavery, and segregation sucks more than countries that didn't.
USA? Canada? Australia? New Zealand? Hong Kong? Macau? Singapore?
>>
>>3061665
Literally every country except from Japan and Korea have been colonised. Just by the British, I might add
>>
File: back to pol.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
back to pol.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>3061246
>>
>>3061658
You see, and if I had planned it out better, there would have been better performance.
>>
Howard Wilson sperged out because White Rhodesians didn't want to give their country to a bunch of monkeys
>>
>>3061260
>everything goes okay for about ten years and then Mugabe goes full retard
More like 20 years, it all went haywire when Mugabe enacted the Fast Track Land Reform 2000
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.