[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humanity in space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
How the fuck can humanity become a space civilization without first having a centralized earth government?

What country would be mad enough to sent people out into space? They'd know they stand no chance of keeping control over them. Pretty much anyone who goes out into space past the asteroid belt is basically guaranteed to break off into an independent state, more so someone going interstellar. So who would possible do this except for private entities basically kickstarting it for lack of a better word?

When we do manage to get off earth, and assuming we ever get off the solar system, everyone is just going to continue fighting over the solar system. Nobody is going to want to be the one cuck saying "h-hey guys, w-we made it to Alpha centauri! h-hehe, it takes 4 years to get a message out there and they basically have nothing to do with us, b-but we sent them, s-so they're technically ours, haha!"
>>
>>3058923

The sad truth is that unless there is some sort of ground-breaking discovery that completely changes our understanding of physics, interstellar travel is impossible.
>>
>>3058932
Well, it's not impossible. But I can see how it is incredibly doubtful unless your ships are carrying millions of people and they're ran like a police state.
>>
humans are a deeply flawed naturally evolved great ape, I think it will wait until humanity is surpassed, robots or genetically modified superhumans, or some new form of life using nanotechnology, something like that
>>
>>3058932
it would take spaceships to be self-sustainable for hunderds of years, but it is possible
>>
>>3058971
Transhumanism is probably further away than interstellar travel I feel. As it has all kinds of barriers aside technology.
And even then, I don't think hyper intelligent machines, who presumably have free-will of some sort, would be able to avoid the whole issue of "oh well it's been 1000 years, I really think I changed my mind about this whole thing'.

Maybe if we were able to "download" our minds somehow into a computer and transport them back to earth you could fix forget this whole thing entirely. But that's a whole different subject with entire ramifications of it's own.
>>
File: 2008_Jared_Taylor.jpg (15KB, 220x254px) Image search: [Google]
2008_Jared_Taylor.jpg
15KB, 220x254px
How does it feel knowing humanity will NEVER colonize space?

The only peoples capable of space exploration are quickly disappearing from earth(east asians and Europeans)

There will be so great leap into space.

>inb4 muh /pol/ bogeyman
You know i'm right.

The idea of some massive move to colonize space will never happen when 5% of the human population is busy trying to maintain some semblance of order and civilization. A Brazilian styled Europe/North America won't have the means or the national cohesion to do it.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>3059000
>There will be so great leap into space.
no*
>>
>>3059000
>east asians
>dissapearing
>>
>>3059009
Tell me about the east asian fertility rates.
>>
File: 035709363.jpg (18KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
035709363.jpg
18KB, 403x392px
>>3059000
Do not derail the thread
>>
>>3059014
>chinese is only spoken in China and it's the most spoken language on earth if counted by number of native speakers.
>literally had to start exporting people because they can't sustain them at home anymore
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/133005496
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.