[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: kgrY8tX.jpg (360KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kgrY8tX.jpg
360KB, 2560x1600px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
he hated slavery
>>
>>3058346
>Literally seated, as unto a God, on a throne of Fasces
>>
>>3058364
I literally just realized how scary the American political religion is.
They literally have a political figure 'enshrined' in a manner that one would expect to see Zeus/Jupiter in their national capital.
>>
>>3058606
It's dope. We Romans for real now.
>>
>>3058346
that's idolatry
>>
>>3058632
Lincoln wasn't a practicing Christian.
>>
>>3058346
I could not fathom anyone being such a contrarian shitposting faggot that they would talk shit about Lincoln. Honestly are you 15?
>>
File: Mary_Surratt.jpg (24KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
Mary_Surratt.jpg
24KB, 400x541px
>>3058680
>suspended habeas corpus
>not a tyrant
pick one
Pic related, Mary Surratt was murdered by one of Lincoln's military tribunals for a crime she did not commit.
>>
>>3058606
You can see he is holding both the Roman fasces under his hands symbolizing his absolute authority.
>>
>>3058746
Oh yeah, compared to the Confederacy that not only suspended habeus corpus but instituted martial law and enforced involuntary conscription Lincoln is such a tyrant for going to Congress and asking them if his wartime powers made such an act Constitutional and they and his entire cabinet voting that it was.
>>
>>3058346
The American religion is so cringeworthy.
>>
>>3058779
>compared to
Not an argument. He could have avoided that by letting them leave.
>>
Name one thing Lincoln did wrong.
>>
>>3058830
If you're an American I really feel bad for you, that you would possibly defend the Confederacy less than a week after the 4th of July. Even if you're trying to troll or are being edgy my argument that Lincoln exercising his war time powers to suspend habeus corpus is within his Constitutional perview and was enacted as a bill that passed both House and Senate muster, making it de facto legal.
>>
File: this triggers the southerner.jpg (908KB, 2364x3000px) Image search: [Google]
this triggers the southerner.jpg
908KB, 2364x3000px
>>3058346
He was too soft and compromising with Democrats, who were chimping out because Lincoln was coming to take away their race-based welfare state.

He should have ordered the state execution of the entire confederate leadership and all of its primary backers on charges of treason. He should have stripped every cotton baron of his land and property, and redistributed all that capital to impoverished southerner whites. He should have stripped the southerners of their statehoods and reform them under entirely new states with different names, while outlawing any positive portrayal of them in education or media, and only re-granting them their right to self-governance after they had paid for the costs of relocating all blacks back to their mother country.

>m-muh habeus corpus
emergency war-time powers, niggers. The goal of war is to achieve victory, not preserve the other side's honor.
>>
>>3058346
He was a neopuritan bitchboy with a weak understanding of the world or the higher fight he was drafted into. Should have been shot.
>>
>>3058800
>>3058606
You wouldn't understand. He didn't save the Union for you.
Besides, it is really cringier than for example the Germans building an elaborate statue complex for Wilhelm I making him out to be Barbarossa awakening from under the mountain?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.