[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Start of WWII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Axis-Powers-Propaganda.jpg (35KB, 368x560px) Image search: [Google]
Axis-Powers-Propaganda.jpg
35KB, 368x560px
I always thought the starting point of WWII in September 1939 as very arbitrary.

Why not the invasion of Abyssinia in 1935 or the Second Sino-Japanese War starting in 1937?

I think 1941 would be a much more logical point:
The Pearl Harbor-Attack connected the Asian with the European theater through the declarations of war of the US and Canada against the Axis powers.
Before 1941, there was a Pan-European War that spilled into North Africa and the Middle East and an East Asian War but they didn't really have anything to do with each-other.

Thoughts?
>>
Because 1939 was the year major world powers got involved. Before that it was war between two countries and not a world war?
>>
>>3053947
Lets see
1935 - Colonial war
1937 - Far eastern squabble
1939 - Three major powers at war (UK, France, Germany), two of which have bases across the world.

Of course, the two previous wars mix into it, but 1939 is the start of the world war.

Or 1940, if you want to skip the Phoney war, and get to Germany + Italy v France + UK in Europe and across north africa (with British getting support from the far off colonies too)
>>
>>3053947
>i-it started in 1941!!!

Yeah, and WW1 started in 1917.
>>
>>3053962
My argument is, that there were 2 major theaters spanning several continents but not until 1941 were they really connected.
>>
>>3053966
uhuh. sure it is, amerikan
>>
>>3053976
I am German actually.
>>
>>3053966
World War isn't a geographical term, it implies that the a significant number of major world powers are involved. By your logic World War I never existed since there was never a connection of world theaters like you're suggesting happened immediately after Pearl Harbor.
>>
>>3053980
''German''
>>
>>3053962
I don't think you can compare WWI with WWII, as far as the Europeans were concerned it was a World War since 1914, WWII involved almost everybody and countries from almost every corner of the Earth, from the Europeans slugging it out on their hometurf to the Americans and Australians island hopping across the Pacific to Russians kicking the Japanese out of Manchuria.

Shit even Central American countries declared war on the Axis Powers, El Salvador was technically still at war with Germany up until the last decade
>>
>>3053947
The events of 1935 to 1945 are a collection of wars rolled up into one overarching World War 2
>>
>>3053980
how cucked can a man be
>>
>>3053984
> By your logic World War I never existed since there was never a connection of world theaters

That is exactly false. From August 1914 countries from NA (Canada), Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia were involved in an overarching conflict sparked by the same events.
>>
>>3054005
As they were in 1939
>>
>>3054007
When did Japan and China become part of WWII? 1937? 1939? 1941?
>>
>>3053984
>World War isn't a geographical term, it implies that the a significant number of major world powers are involved.

So, are the Coalition Wars or the Seven Years' War World Wars?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.