[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being confused for a nazi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Roman Salute.jpg (15KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
Roman Salute.jpg
15KB, 236x305px
Any else ever do a roman salute in public and be confused as a nazi? I've never been punched but the worst came from a girl who walked up to me and started going at me. Everyone looked at me. I tried to explain it to her but she wouldn't have it.
>>
>>3053525
>Any else ever do a roman salute in public
No.
>>
>>3053525
The Romans never did a salute like that. It was made up by painters during the Romantic Era. It was started by Jacques-Louis David's painting The Oath of the Horatii (1784).
>However, this description is unknown in Roman literature and is never mentioned by ancient historians of Rome. Not a single Roman work of art, be it sculpture, coinage, or painting, displays a salute of this kind. The gesture of the raised right arm or hand in Roman and other ancient cultures that does exist in surviving literature and art generally had a significantly different function and is never identical with the modern straight-arm salute.
http://www.liquisearch.com/roman_salute/early_roman_sources_and_images

Closest I can come up with is Trajan's Column but soldiers do all sort of variations of that salute. So with that it may not even be a salute but something else entirely.

Also a lot of neo-nazis or white nationalist(I know that they are different) like to say they are doing the roman salute and not the Heil Hitler as wesel excuse. So I would not do that salute if you are in just plain clothes. Would only do it at reenactments if that's the salute they use there. From what I know the real salute was the right arm against the chest, but I am not entirely sure and if other known for certain should correct me on this or you should look into it.
>>
what the fuck? who actually does this?
btw chances are that romans didnt salute with their arm like that
>>
>>3053525
You should have just laughed in her face. Also historically inaccurate.
>>
>>3053525
> expecting anything from brainwashed society
>>
>>3053525
If I raise my hand to wave at someone in America, will I get arrested for hate speech?
>>
>>3053525
Did you forget to wear your lorica segmentata and centurion helmet?
>>
>>3053854
no but you will in Germany
>>
>>3053578
/thread
>>
>>3053525
I do it all the time.

For everyone it just translates as half-assed hand wave.

The nazi greeting requires a very specific execution, so its hard to accidentally do it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.