[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find meaning in life without god? I dont say this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: conan.jpg (28KB, 560x241px) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
28KB, 560x241px
How do you find meaning in life without god? I dont say this as a troll. I've tried to believe in a deity and an afterlife but its not something I am able to do. I do this because I fear death and the unknown that cessation of consciousness would be. The only thing that keeps me going each day is this fear of death, as, due to my location, history, and family situation, I've no friends and due to family drama, I've barely any family at all. And they are not people to talk too, all being highly selfish and not very bright. So while I do love them, I am not able to relate to them.

Every day there is a hollowness and I dont know what to do to fill it. I've tried burying myself in books and video games, but even these pursuits ultimately just leave me feeling wasted.
>>
I cannot understand how belief in god could give your life meaning.

What gives gods life meaning?
>>
File: deww.jpg (44KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
deww.jpg
44KB, 736x552px
>>3052873
Like dew, my life is a gift, I don't know where it came from, maybe just a funny quirk of biochemistry. However it is mine, and I intend to live it as good as possible.
Kinda like someone gives you an empty canvas screen and brushes and paint. Like it is free and a gift, yet you still try to paint it as good as you can.
>>
>>3052897
>Like dew, my life is a gift,

Who the fuck gives dew as a gift?
>>
>>3052919
dew just appears and then it is gone again.
Life itself has no meaning, but you can give it one.
>>
I dreamt one time that I was the modern incarnation of Simon Magus. Since then, I've devoted my life to alchemy and magic.
>>
>>3052897
See, thats all I ever hear to this sort of question. "Your life is a gift" has no real meaning. Ultimately you live, you die, and through it all most people have no real control and were never able to accomplish anything.
>>
>>3052946
Yes, this is absolutely true, life itself has no meaning at all. This also means you have total freedom to make something out of your life and give it meaning.
>>
>>3052873
>I fear death and the unknown that cessation of consciousness would be
How can it be unknown when you've experienced it from literally the dawn of time to the moment your achieved consciousness? It'll just be more of the same old.
>>
OP, did you spawn yourself into existence? Did you will yourself to wake up this morning? Do you micromanage all of the processes in and of your body? No?

The acknowledgement of powerlessness is where the idea of a "God" becomes feasible. Not an anthropomorphic one with feelings, not an omnipotent master of the universe-- you don't need to go that far. God is just the process that spawns and proliferates biological life on this rock. Nature is your God.
>eastern philosophy as fuck

>>3052884
This perspective of God is irrational. You're ascribing anthropomorphism into it.
>God's "life"
>>
>>3052979
How do you differentiate between your individual experience and the process that spawned you? We're all just manifestations of nature. Just billions of different lenses for the same eye. Can you feel the fatigue yet?
>>
>>3053007
Yes. I haven't slept in 20 hours. Your words make no sense. The problem is clearly you and not me.
>>
>>3052873
Be insane
>>
A lot of this just seems like evasive none answers.
>>
>>3053013
Sorry I didn't put it in the form of a meme, I guess?
>>
>>3053033
Yes, you are the problem.
>>
>>3052873
Meaning is created by people so you create meaning in your own life and why do you think a god existing would add meaning to your life
>>
>>3052873
Life has no meaning, as far as I can tell, but it sure as hell has a purpose. Your being is composed of a series of patterns, from your DNA to your views on roast ham. Everything about you is a pattern of some form or another. And the purpose of life is to try and spread those patterns as much as is possible, whether through convincing others of the truth of your ways or by having kids. That is what sets life aside from non-life: life replicates itself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.