[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the historical character of Jesus not get along with his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Christ,_by_Heinrich_Hofmann.jpg (18KB, 220x324px) Image search: [Google]
Christ,_by_Heinrich_Hofmann.jpg
18KB, 220x324px
Did the historical character of Jesus not get along with his parents?

There are no recorded interactions between him and his father. He doesn't even come to see his son before he gets killed.

Mary attempts to visit Jesus once in Mathew 12 and Jesus refuses to speak to her and implies that she is not even his real mother because she doesn't follow his religion. She appears again when his sentence is being carried out and the two of them do not speak.

No other interactions between them are recorded.

With these as the only sources I can't see how you could come to the conclusion he had a positive relationship with his parents.
>>
>>3052739
>the historical character of Jesus
>implying we know anything at all about historical Jezus.
>>
>his parents?

Mary & YHWH? They got along just fine.
>>
>>3052739
He is like anime protagonist. The parents mysteriously disappeared whenever the plot demands that he's put in the spotlight.
>>
>>3052739
>There are no recorded interactions between him and his father.
Matthew 26:39
>>
File: THIS-KILLS-THE-JEW.gif (12KB, 469x450px) Image search: [Google]
THIS-KILLS-THE-JEW.gif
12KB, 469x450px
>>3052739
>There are no recorded interactions between him and his father.

He is His father.
>>
>>3052747
Dead beat dad.

Rape baby.

Didn't even post his child's bail.
>>
File: IMG_0633.jpg (570KB, 1536x1843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0633.jpg
570KB, 1536x1843px
>>3052739
>Did the historical character of Jesus not get along with his parents?

JESUS WAS ANTIFAMILY; HE PROMOTED THE NOTION THAT TO BECOME A FULL PERSON, AND DETACH ONESELF FROM THE MUNDANE, IT IS NECESSARY TO SEVER FAMILIAL BONDS, AND HE STATED THE NECESSITY OF ANYONE WHO WANTED TO FOLLOW HIS DOCTRINE, TO REJECT FAMILY; THE REJECTION OF FAMILY, AND FAMILIAL BONDS, BRINGS PERSONS INTO ACTUAL INTERACTION WITH EACH OTHER, AND IN COMMUNION WITH THEMSELVES, AND WITH GOD.

JESUS DID NOT HATE JOSEPH, NOR MARY; HE REGARDED THEM AS FELLOW PERSONS, NOT AS HIS FATHER, AND HIS MOTHER.

>Mary attempts to visit Jesus once in Mathew 12 and Jesus refuses to speak to her and implies that she is not even his real mother because she doesn't follow his religion.

THAT IS ERRONEOUS.
>>
>>3052927

1. JESUS DID NOT REFUSE TO SEE HER.

2. THE DISCIPLES TELL JESUS THAT MARY, HIS "MOTHER", AND HIS "SIBLINGS", ARE OUTSIDE, WANTING TO SPEAK TO HIM; JESUS CORRECTS HIS DISCIPLES SAYING THAT ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS HIS DOCTRINE —THE WAY TOWARD GOD—, IS A FELLOW PERSON TO HIM.

3. JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT "MARY" IS NOT HIS REAL MOTHER FOR NOT FOLLOWING HIS DOCTRINE —SHE DID FOLLOW HIS DOCTRINE—; HE SAID THAT SHE WAS NOT HIS TRUE MOTHER TO MAKE THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE PERSON WHO BORE HIM (MARY), AND THE BEING THAT GAVE HIM LIFE ("THE HOLY SPIRIT"); THIS SAME DISTINCTION APPLIES TO THE PATERNAL SIDE: JOSEPH IS THE PERSON WHO ENGENDERD HIM; GOD IS THE BEING WHO CREATED HIM, HENCE HIS ACTUAL FATHER.

QUOD VIDE THE GOSPEL OF THOMAS:

>"THE DISIPLES SAID TO HIM: 'YOUR BROTHERS, AND YOUR MOTHER, ARE STANDING OUTSIDE.'
>"HE SAID TO THEM: 'THOSE HERE WHO DO WHAT MY FATHER WANTS ARE MY BROTHERS, AND MY MOTHER. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO WILL ENTER MY FATHER'S KINGDOM."

— VERSE NINETYNINE.

>"WHOEVER DOES NOT HATE [THE FAMILIAL] FATHER, AND [THE FAMILIAL] MOTHER, AS I DO, CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE, WHOEVER DOES NOT LOVE FATHER [GOD], AND MOTHER ["THE HOLY SPIRIT"], AS I DO, CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE. FOR MY MOTHER [MARY] GAVE BIRTH TO ME, BUT MY TRUE MOTHER ["THE HOLY SPIRIT"] GAVE ME LIFE."

— VERSE ONEHUNDRED ONE.
>>
Jesus' father Joseph died during Jesus silent years
>>
>>3052739
Yeshua and Gautama both had non-attachment including to family members in common.
>And every man who hath left houses, or brothers or sisters, or father or mother, or wife or children, or fields, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

I guess in Buddhism and Christianism this doesn't exclude fulfillment of basic obligations to one's family such as providing for the wife in a man's case and providing for the children in both and taking care of ones parents when they get old but not necessarily getting to involved in familial disputes or contests or trying to increase material status. This isn't necessarily the ancient/historical sense since Augustine reportedly left his wife and child in pursuit of the spiritual life also.
>>
>>3052739
Such a powerful and inspirational man.
The way he speaks is so commanding and wise.
>>
>>3053258
The supreme Chad. Gone as fast as he came and leaving everyone satisfied.
>>
>>3052739
>Mary attempts to visit Jesus once in Mathew 12 and Jesus refuses to speak to her and implies that she is not even his real mother because she doesn't follow his religion. She appears again when his sentence is being carried out and the two of them do not speak.
Lol seriously? She supposedly miraculously conceived him and doesn't even believe him? How can Christianity ever recover?
>>
>>3053407
Through adoptionism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoptionism
>>
>>3052739
>Jesus
>Historical
>>
>>3052739
You can imagine their home life got a bit tense when the "virgin" waifu gave birth to a baby
>>
>>3052951
This is correct. Recall Joseph was already an older adult (i.e., old but not quite elderly yet) when he took Mary.
>>
File: Josephus.png (491KB, 652x873px) Image search: [Google]
Josephus.png
491KB, 652x873px
>>3052927
>JESUS WAS ANTIFAMILY; HE PROMOTED THE NOTION THAT TO BECOME A FULL PERSON, AND DETACH ONESELF FROM THE MUNDANE, IT IS NECESSARY TO SEVER FAMILIAL BONDS, AND HE STATED THE NECESSITY OF ANYONE WHO WANTED TO FOLLOW HIS DOCTRINE, TO REJECT FAMILY; THE REJECTION OF FAMILY, AND FAMILIAL BONDS, BRINGS PERSONS INTO ACTUAL INTERACTION WITH EACH OTHER, AND IN COMMUNION WITH THEMSELVES, AND WITH GOD.

Yes, because Jews are a terrorist group committing human sacrifices in the name of God - therefore it is necessary to hate your mass-murdering Jewish mother and father to follow God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py10Xs63ewA
>>
>>3052927
>>3052931
Holy autism...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.