[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maximilian I of Mexico

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Maximilian I of Mexico.jpg (63KB, 530x380px) Image search: [Google]
Maximilian I of Mexico.jpg
63KB, 530x380px
Realistically, what might Mexico be like if Maximilian had stayed emperor of Mexico? Presuming few other "points of divergence" from our own timeline (possibly just having the American Civil War last longer), how different would Mexico be?

Would Mexico have been a Franco-Austrian puppet? Without Porfirio Diaz, would Mexico have developed a more equal economy?
>>
>>3049476
Maxi did nothing wrong.
>>
>>3049476
bump
>>
>>3049476
bump
>>
>>3049541
Hapsburgs must die
>>
>>3049476
Fuck France
Why doesnt everyone just leave us alone?
everyone just takes turns bullying us since 1492
>>
If he had conducted himself morally impeccably he might have remained under house arrest instead of being executed and perhaps returned to politics.
>>
>>3049476
Much, much better.
>>
>>3051988
Didn't Mexico and France have several wars?

>>3052050
Returned where? To Austria?
>>
less corruption and work ethics
>>
>>3049476
there's wasn't a lot he did wrong or could have done better, his only mistake was getting involved as the boondoggle of the french, who abandoned him as soon as the Americans started meddling in mexican affairs again.

The fact that the Gringos wanted him gone should be very telling for every mexican, because their #1 priority was to keep Mexico as an easily controlled, destabilized backwater. An European Monarch with ties to France, Germany, Austria and several other large European houses would actively improve mexicos standing in the world and severely reduce american influence on the continent.
>>
>>3051988
Mexico is not same as the natives who inhabitted prior to the arival of Columbus. Mexico is a sybthyses of both. Also, you have been mean to people's when you have the power to be like the Yucatan peninsula.
>>
>>3054091
They abandon mexico because they needed the troops... not for fear the amerifags
>>
>>3052050
>he might have remained under house arrest
Impossible.
Once Juárez got the power back the only, and I mean only, think he could do was to execute him. He had to die. It's just that. If not, the conservatives would turn on him again, and this time with the support of theliberals.
>>
>>3054091

This guy knows
>>
>>3049476
acutally he and Benito Juarez thinked alike, he was sort of liberal
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.