[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Euhemerism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1448510184820.jpg (105KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448510184820.jpg
105KB, 720x960px
I recently stumbles upon the theory of Euhemerism.

Basically, its the idea that what we consider myths all have some sort of historical basis that was misconstrued and exaggerated through time.

Any thoughts or examples?
>>
Obviously.
>>
File: 1446121552054.jpg (23KB, 497x512px) Image search: [Google]
1446121552054.jpg
23KB, 497x512px
>>304940
The Illiad could be an example throughout history people thought the book was the legit truth. Even the whole invincible Achilles thing. Then people tried to use an actual historic viewpoint and interpret the Illiad. The reality was more boring.
>>
I read a book by Egyptologist Alexandre Moret once where he reconstructs a history of prehistoric Egypt based on combining Egyptian mythology with archeological elements.

Was pretty interesting, hard to say how true but it certainly made sensr.
>>
Reminder that all world leaders are descended from the sumerians
>>
Does anyone else imagine in 1000-2000 years people will uncover Spiderman comics and shit and think
>This was the God of Spiders!
>He was worshiped, just look at this life size statue we found in this holy man's domicile!
And all they found was some comic book nerds apartment?
I think a lot of mythology is the same kind of thing.
>>
>>304995
I wonder what they would think of hentai?

> look at all these ancient picture books depicting lewd acts
> what holy purposes were these used for?
>>
To think wr can glean so much from the relatively scarce material left behind by other civs. What WILL future civs interpret fron our remains...
>>
>>305000
>I wonder what they would think of hentai?
holy shit the japanese were fucking weird
>>
>Giants
>Denisovians that were hunted to extinction by Samis.
>>
>>305012
They would see this
https://youtu.be/0DW31upNEEg
>>
>>305000
>My..hips?...are...moving...on...their...own?

What did they mean by this? Were their genitals being controlled by some kind of fertility god?
>>
File: 2015-09-22 22.06.01.png (275KB, 761x960px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-22 22.06.01.png
275KB, 761x960px
>>305028
> the youthful appearance of these "Lolis" must mean that prepubescent features were desired
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.