[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 20170706_152404.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_152404.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Hello /his/ my grandad fought in ww2 and took many "prizes" home with him. One of which happens to be this German www carved swiss army knife. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how rare this item is/ its worth. Sorry if the pics are blurry but these are pre-taken and I cannot get more pics for the time being
>>
File: 20170706_152415.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_152415.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
2nd pic
>>
>>3047398
You should go to Europe and return it. Your grandfather was a petty thief.
>>
>>3047412
No. He was a war hero who saved the lives of his fellow men multiple times. Sorry that him killing krauts makes you mad fag
>>
>>3047398
It appears to have the heads of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Schlieffen i think,von Mackensen, some other guy and Ludendorff. I'll give you $10
>>
>>3047398
Please show any inscriptions on the blade, is there a makers mark? Also, show the condition please.
>possibly valuable
>you got my full attention
>>
>>3047448
As stated earlier these are pre-taken and I am not able to get more pics of it. But there is no inscription on the blade to my knowledge but I haven't opened it in a few years so I may be wrong. Its in almost mint condition aside from a little wear and scratches on it
>>
>>3047433
How do you think he got that knife in the first place? He STOLE it and if you steal things you are a thief.
>>
>>3047412
The spoils of war
>>
>>3047412
If you can't defend your property that's your own fault
>>
File: 1484181678761.jpg (17KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1484181678761.jpg
17KB, 260x273px
>>3047464

germans aren't people, you can't steal from them.
>>
>>3047464
He took it from a soldier he killed. I have lots of other prizes he took home from dead Germans. Including a Luftwaffe ceremonial knife and a Hitler Youth knife
>>
>>3047473
He paid the iron price, has my respect
>>
>>3047469
So you think it should be legal to steal things from people who can't defend it?
>>
>>3047473
>Hitler youth knife
Your grandfather killed children, a real hero.
>>
>>3047462
the pics are absolute shit, you cant see the whole knife, cant see the blades and its condition. If your knife is not a unicorn there is a makers mark on the blade root.
Other than that it is pre WW2, likely WW1 or interwar period.
>>
>>3047482
I can guarantee if you were a soldier fighting and after a battle while going through dead men for identification and you found something cool you'd pocket it
>>
>>3047485
It was something that haunted him the rest of his life. Would wake up sobbing because he remembered what he had to do to save his life and the lives of his men. It was kill or be killed and when the Nazis through child soldiers at you the only choice you had was to be killed or shoot back.
>>
>>3047398
>>3047401
>>3047442
Is it just me or the two top guys in the OP look like Franz Jozef and Franz Ferdinand
>>
>>3047487
Again I apologize. I took the pics to show a friend and then I decided to post the pics here to find out more info about it. I have not opened and looked at the blades in a few years as I remember the blade being stuck and having to use force to open it and I am now worried about breaking it
>>
>>3047498
You are correct
>>
>>3047509
Third guy in top pic seem to be Hotzendorf.
>>
>>3047506
soak it in WD-40, wait 30 minutes or so and them gently try to open it.
Take pictures of every tool, and the mark on the big blade. I can likely get you a quote, but the condition and maker are important.
>>
>>3047537
I would love to but The knife is currently at my Grandmothers house who is still alive. I often do stuff around her house for her so I will screenshot your post and attempt it next time I am over there. Thanks
>>
>>3047398
A man owner this knife, maybe his father gave it to him as a present and a lucky charm, he hold it dear and went to that wretched war carrying it only for it to be stolen, his body not been cold yet, by your thief of a grandfather.Sad.
S
>>
>>3047482
well that's what germany did to all of europe
>>
>>3047605
What was he supposed to do? Drive half way across Europe to deliver to to a home or a family that may no longer be there? Leave it on the body for someone else to loot and possibly destroy? Or take it home and put it on display as a reminder to the war and the men he fought against?
>>
>>3047482
In wartime against an enemy, yes.
>>
>>3047398
>>3047401
trim your fucking nails
>>
>>3047398
>>3047401
In America, is this considered white?
>>
>>3047720
Don't take the bait your gramps did what he had to do, he's a hero. Any of the soft lefties here talking bullshit about the spoils of war would have been the ones losing their knives.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.