[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand. How can Buddhism be evil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1496555151777.jpg (129KB, 726x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1496555151777.jpg
129KB, 726x1139px
I don't understand. How can Buddhism be evil?
>>
>>3046695
It denies the divinity of Jesus Christ and by most accounts, the existence of God Himself. How is that not evil?
>>
>>3046695
Who says it's evil?
>>
>>3046727
How is it going to deny something it couldn't possibly have any comprehension of, having predated Christ by half a millennium?
>>
>>3046727
Buddhism predates Christianity.
>>
>>3046742
Nah according to Christians Christ was there at the beginning either at his fathers side or s God himself so by that logic he existed before the Buddha even if he wasn't revealed to humanity in the flesh yet.
>>
>>3046742
I recall some baptist explaining to me that the Old Testament predicted Jesus' coming, it had something to do with sheep.
>>
What are you talking about OP?
>>
>>3046743
Also its totally reconcilable with any form of Christianity except the most hardline Catholicism or Calvinism. The idea is basically that the self is not a necessary entity, one should live to sublimate his existence with a totality of higher principle and there are consequences for being a self-indulgent douche. There's no dogma beyond that. All of it is perfectly in keeping with Christian ideology. I think from a Christian standpoint the Poos were just doing the best they could without specific revelation.
>>
>>3046742
Well, it denies the ability of divinities or religion to relieve people's suffering, or rather, that faith and prayers lead to suffering. That position denies many fundamental aspects of what makes God and Jesus absolute good and truth.
>>
>>3046782
>*it posits that faith and prayers lead to suffering
>>
>>3046695
>tfw Ameriblobs pronounce Buddha as "Booda"
>>
>>3046775
Actually that sounds like Orthodox Christianity
>>
>>3046794
Adjusting your speech to that of another language sounds stupid sometimes and is like unnaturally code switching to another language in the middle of a sentence. I agree that many foreign names could use a reform and perhaps could be helped with the use of acute accent marks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.