[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: john-law-of-lauriston-granger.jpg (171KB, 626x900px) Image search: [Google]
john-law-of-lauriston-granger.jpg
171KB, 626x900px
>of humble origins
>fought many duels
>a legendary great player, both with cards and ladies
>revolutionized economics
>invented paper money
>became the richest person ever
>ruined France for good
Dare I say it, is he /our/guy?
>>
File: Mississippi-Bubble.jpg (275KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
Mississippi-Bubble.jpg
275KB, 560x420px
>so butthurt
>>
>>3046078
>We will never have Hollywood movies about figures like Law and Wallpole
>We will never have an epic cinematic universe that is literally just historically accurate movies about events from 1600-1900 that tend to criss cross and link up with eachother, making the audience go "Hey, I remember that guy from the other movie! You go that guy!"
This hurts me.
>>
>>3046278
I suggest we clone Kubrick & Bondarchuk and force them to make interesting history movies, with great scenery and costumes.
Guys I want movies about
Robert Giscard
Skanderbeg
John Law
Hans Waldmann

Feel free to add interesting characters
>>
>>3046412
There was a jew that gave mercury to a king and when he started to hallucinate he faked to be a serpent that could see the future.He ended up hoarding one of the biggest fortunes of the western world and indirectly caused a civil war
>>
File: tycho_brahe.jpg (246KB, 1240x827px) Image search: [Google]
tycho_brahe.jpg
246KB, 1240x827px
>>3046412
This guy! So much!
http://www.11points.com/Misc/11_Craziest_Tycho_Brahe_Moments
>>
>>3046078
>invented paper money
>>
>>3046078
China had had paper money since forever by the times of powdered wig Europe.
>>
>>3047092
Yes good for them. Just like with all other things, China didn't make much of their early inventions and it took Europeans to get it right. Blast furnace, black powder, paper money China didn't knew what to do with it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.