[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

were did the concept of dwarves come from? were they real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 2.jpg (110KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
110KB, 894x894px
were did the concept of dwarves come from? were they real?
>>
Most probably from proto-Germanic interaction with pre-Indo-European people in Scandinavia.
It's even easier to draw parallels between Elves and aboriginal hunter gatherers.
>>
File: IMG_1458.jpg (55KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1458.jpg
55KB, 700x700px
It saying it's the origins of dwarf myths, but there were literally hobbit tier people kicking about Indonesia until around 10,000 years ago.

I always thought making up stories about super big people (giants) and small people (dwarfs) are ideas all humans can come up with.
>>
>>3045687

>ideas all humans can come up with.

Because height differences are a thing between ethnicites everywhere?
>>
>>3045583
>Hairy
>Argumentative
>Greedy for gold
>Hate tall, blonde, fair skinned, beautiful elves
Oy Vey goy I have know idea
>>
>>3045583
the tolkien kind? norse mythos
>>
>>3045696
Partially yeah but it is just such a super simple concept. I guess it slots neatly into Jungs idea of the collective unconsciousness.

>hey dude, imagine if there were people but they were really big/really small.
>>
>>3045735

more like

>sitting around a campfire with your tribe
>hey guys I met these dudes from another tribe while I was out hunting, they were friendly/hostile
>what did they look like?
>they were really tall/short
>oh let's keep that in mind so we recognize them
>>
File: IMG_1460.jpg (51KB, 440x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1460.jpg
51KB, 440x553px
What about people with pituitary gland problems and actual dwarfs? What if they were shunned and eventually people would see the giant man in the forest and be the story persisted many years later?

I always wonder about the nephelim in the bible, 6 fingered warrior race of giants.
>>
>were they real

americans, ladies and gentlewomen
>>
>>3045793
I wonder how big his dick is
>>
>>3045875
He could probably meat out some vicious head trauma to those bitches.
>>
>>3045703
This is actually true as far as Tolkein goes. His whole universe is basically a bunch of stereotypes.

For the original idea probably just midgets and dwarfism.
>>
they found work in the mines and suffered from manlet rage which fits the archetype
>>
>>3045889
>>3045889
Yeah, dwarven was meant to be among the oldest languages of middle earth. Tolkien based its grammar on Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic etc. They are originally described as rather swarthy too. Lel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.