[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One man vs an ENTIRE EMPIRE How did he do it, guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Retrato_de_Hernán_Cortés.jpg (81KB, 788x928px) Image search: [Google]
Retrato_de_Hernán_Cortés.jpg
81KB, 788x928px
One man vs an ENTIRE EMPIRE
How did he do it, guys?
>>
File: IMG_1077.jpg (60KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.jpg
60KB, 644x408px
>>
mainly by exploiting a political situation that was already explosively volatile before he arrived. Even if the Spanish hadn't set foot in Mexico when they did the Aztecs were facing a major Totonac uprising that had the potential to topple the triple alliance.

but also this>>3044536 and access to vastly superior arms and armor
>>
Being one of the most cunning and motivated motherfuckers that ever existed on this earth.

Keep in mind, he suffered from animosity coming from fellow Spaniard. Before even began to carve into Mexico, there was an attempt mutiny by men loyal to governor of Cuba. Later on during his march, there other Spaniards were sent from Cuba to reign in Cortez, and in one brilliant night attack he ended up with more men under his banner.
>>
>>3044609
>Being one of the most cunning and motivated motherfuckers that ever existed on this earth.
the conquest of the inca was considerably more impressive in that regard imo
>>
*cough* *cough*
AAAAH-CHOOO
*sniff*
>>
>>3044491
Just look at his eyes, man. That tenebrous glare suffices.
>>
File: conquistador temple.jpg (307KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
conquistador temple.jpg
307KB, 1366x768px
by realizing just how weak that empire truly was
>>
>>3044491
>One man vs an ENTIRE EMPIRE
>>3044546
>the Aztecs were facing a major Totonac uprising

why does it have to be on this? there's infinite more things to shitpost about
>>
>>3044627
elaborate
>>
File: Portrait_of_Francisco_Pizarro.jpg (184KB, 800x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_of_Francisco_Pizarro.jpg
184KB, 800x1029px
Childhood is idolizing Cortéz

Adulthood is realizing Pizzaro was the true badass
>>
>>3046014
Elaborate, because as far as i know Cortes prevented any mutiny while Pizarro died in one.
>>
>>3046018
Pizarro's death was badass af and they way he crimpied Quispe Sisa was top banter
>>
Fuck I forgot the book I read about this... basically yes disease and weapons and shit were vital but people(brown) often overlook how much of a savage he and his men were. Truly pulled some brilliant off the cusp political/tactical shit
>>
File: 1489357502025.png (455KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1489357502025.png
455KB, 500x611px
>>3046049
>Truly pulled some brilliant off the cusp political/tactical shit
including pic related
>>
>>3046049
Actually I think the book might literally have been called "Cortez" Great fucking read, really makes the Aztecs look retarded
>>
Cortes is really underrated as he beat a bunch of bronze age barbarians. But he was always cunning in the weirdest of ways,even when he was part of the conquest of Cuba
>>
The discovery, exploration and conquest of America is undoubtedly the most couragous and astonishing feat in human history, carried out by a handful of men.
>>
>>3046059
>really makes the Aztecs look retarded
Agreed, they should have distrusted more the Spaniards.

>While Hernán Cortés was in Tenochtitlan, he heard about other Spaniards arriving on the coast – Pánfilo de Narváez had come from Cuba with orders to arrest him – and Cortés was forced to leave the city to fight them. During his absence, Moctezuma asked deputy governor Pedro de Alvarado for permission to celebrate Toxcatl (an Aztec festivity in honor of Tezcatlipoca, one of their main gods). But after the festivities had started, Alvarado interrupted the celebration, killing almost everyone present at the festival, men, women, and children alike.
>The Spanish version of the incident claims the conquistadors intervened to prevent a ritual of human sacrifice in the Templo Mayor; the Aztec version says the Spaniards were enticed into action by the gold the Aztecs were wearing, prompting an Aztec rebellion against the orders of Moctezuma. While differing so on Alvarado's specific motive, both accounts are in basic agreement that the celebrants were unarmed and that the massacre was without warning and unprovoked.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.