[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: LongSwordsClashing.jpg (52KB, 620x491px) Image search: [Google]
LongSwordsClashing.jpg
52KB, 620x491px
Does anyone do HEMA here? I have been interested in it for a few years now, but I have been reluctant to take the initiative and start. My reluctance comes mostly from my schooling (takes up a lot of time and the closest instructor is ~30 miles away), and my body type (5'10" 125 lb. Little to no fat at all, but I still have barely any muscle).

I'm just interested in other's opinions about it, and if anyone has any advice to me, that would be appreciated.
>>
>>304399
>5'10" 125 lb.

What the fuck. Go to a doctor or eat more you fucking skeleton
>>
>>304399
>5'10" 125

You could be a flyweight in mixed martial arts
>>
>>304447
I do eat a lot, I actually have a hyperactive metabolism, I take medicine for it, and that's the only reason I'm not less than 125. It makes gaining muscle or fat horribly difficult, which is my secondary reason for doing HEMA; if I am constantly doing training for something I enjoy, maybe it'll assist with weight gain.
>>
>parts of me wants to be a small cuteboy for my boyfriend
>the other parts wants to fight in pseudo mma medeivil combat
why live?
>>
>>304487
>why live?

So that I can consume more food than overweight people right in front of them and laugh when I gain literally no weight.
>>
>>304399
>5'10 125lbs
I could pick you up and throw you with no effort.

I weigh 155 and do submission grappling, which is that cage fighting stuff without punching or kicking and I have problems weighing as little as I do though I can make up for it with some serious work on technique

you on the other hand what get tossed around, you have so little power technique is not necessary to defeat you

put on some weight.
>>
Literally just drink two milkshakes a day in addition to whatever you eat.
>>
>>304617
I drink three glasses of muscle milk gainer a day.
The point here isn't the weight issue, I'm already addressing that with professional help.
I'm just curious on everyone's thoughts on HEMA, if anyone here participates in it.
I thought this might be the correct board to post this on since it is historical European martial arts, but maybe /fit/ would be better for this topic? I'm not really sure what generalized category a thread like this would fall under. In addition to that, on somewhere like /fit/, I knew people would obsess over my weight rather than the actual HEMA topic, and since I'm already dealing with that profesionally, I was trying to minimize that aspect of the conversation.
Things like >>304613 , while slightly demeaning, are still the types of responses I'm looking for, in relevance to my weight.
>>
>>304399

>5'10" 125 lb

Fuck HEMA; you need to accept the glorious Rip into your life right now. Only SS+GOMAD can save you now, son.
>>
>>304613
Doesn't really matter if you can toss him around if he's got a sword, dingus.
>>
>>304643
/Asp/ has a thread for it anon.
HEMA is an alternative sport, so seek wherever you must
>>
>>304617

>drink two milkshakes a day

High in sugar. Will turn to fat. What are you an idiot? We wan't muscle damnit, not fat.

Drink Gainers and lots of milk, damnit!

SS+GOMAD!

SS+GOMAD!

SS+GOMAD!
>>
>>304613
>submission grappling
sounds pretty homo senpai, wouldn't it be more honest just to go to a gay sauna?
>>
>>304738
I forgot /asp/ exists, thank you anon!
>>
Yeah, I have gotten a few friends together, and the nearest instructor is on the other side of the state, so we have begun self teaching and it's gone amazingly well, learning from other people as well, then meeting with instructors and learning their interpretation
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.