[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did she crash or did the Japanese get her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: DD-pChCXYAAWYJQ.jpg (191KB, 1200x933px) Image search: [Google]
DD-pChCXYAAWYJQ.jpg
191KB, 1200x933px
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/amelia-earhart-survived-plane-crash-history-channel-1202487563/
>>
File: earhart plane.jpg (80KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
earhart plane.jpg
80KB, 992x558px
>>3042978
I heard about this earlier today, sounds fascinating. this certainly seems like a more logical scenario than them crashing away from civilization. Noonan and Earhart were very experienced in their craft, they were flying a state of the art plane, and the plane as a whole has never been found despite extensive searches in the area. The man in the picture does have a striking resemblance to Noonan and they object that the ship is towing measures out to 38 feet, which is the same length as Earhart's plane. A lot of things line up.

We may never know what happened completely, but if this picture proves to be correct, it makes Earhart's story seem a lot more grim now. Because she and Noonan were likely brutally tortured and died of disease in a Saipan prison during or even after the war. Maybe they were even relocated and experimented on by unit 731.

The History Channel actually got a decent scoop for once.
>>
>>3042978
if it's true, the Imperial Japanese Military are even dumber/more incompetent than I thought they could be.

>plane crashes
>has civilian markings.
>assume the female and male crew Must be spies for some reason
>do nothing to doublecheck this or try to find out who these people are.
>leave no records after the war.
>>
yeah, it's hard to believe that info wouldnt have come out from the japanese side sometime over the last 60 years of US/japanese friendship.
>>
>>3042978
Do we get to nuke the Nips again?
>>
>>3043612
Well, documents that could pertain to her apparently disappeared during the war.
>>
>>3043567
It was a different time. North Korea would not hesitate to do the same if a civilian plane crash landed on their land today.
>>
>>3043612
Japan doesn't really like to admit to its wrong doings. Just look at how they have handled the rape of Nanking/Japanese war crimes through the years. They almost started an international incident with South Korea last year because of a south Korean memorial honoring the memories of Korean comfort women who were captured and raped by the Japanese army during WWII. Beyond that, there are thousands upon thousands of Japanese war documents that went missing and were destroyed during the tail end of the war.

I hope someone on the Japanese side looks into it now, but the thought that their ancestors kidnapped, imprisoned, and most likely tortured to death, one of America's most popularized heroes will probably make anyone with that type of information access hesitant to conduct any type of research on the subject.
>>
>>3043612

It's entirely possible that she was executed, and then afterwards the people in charge realized that it probably would be really bad for PR if people found out about it, so it was covered up, to the point where the Japanese government didn't even know about it because they already erased the records, and anybody with direct knowledge was killed during the war.

>>3042978

If this photo is really her, then she almost definitely executed by Japan.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.