[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what if the kieven rus chose islam over orthodox christianity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 240x210px
what if the kieven rus chose islam over orthodox christianity?
>>
>>3042866

they would have to develop into a splinter group that adds a ajet saying grain alchohol and destilled water are pure and loved by god
>>
Then Communist Russia would've never existed
>>
Islam would have conquered europe?
>>
>>3042866
The northern crusades would have dragged on forever and there may never have been vodka.
>>
>>3042866
>(proto-)russians
>no pork
>no booze
Irrelevant question
>>
>>3043158
Vodka was invented in Poland.
>>
>>3043168
Ah, my mistake. I still contend that this means the Northern Crusades would have just kept pushing into Russia.
>>
>>3042866
This was a very real possibility. But like others have said, it might've meant more crusades, different interactions with the mongols and probably some other stuff too.
>>
>>3043177
Would they have been able to succeed? After all the Teutonic Knights were defeated on the battle of the ice and essentially abandoned all ambitions on Russia following that.
>>
>>3043598
but medieval Russian warfare was a mix of byzantine warfare and steppe warfare, which would have been radically different had they been islamified
>>
>>3043598
Battle on ice is a meme. Little to no loses, and Teutonic Knights were at peak of power in 14-15thC.
>>
>>3042866
Would've taken ages for the pagan population to convert to Islam since it forbade their alchoholic habits also for the lack of enough missionaries from neighboring Bulgaria(old one in Siberia) to instruct the Russian population. But if they did eventually succeed in converting the whole Russian population it would've been a terrible thing for human history. They would probably jihad Eastern Europe to try to spread Islam and sharia law in lithuania and Finland.
>>
>>3043980
Their warfare wouldn't have changed much that kind of thing is the product of your environment and your enemies.

Besides Arabs fought like Persians and desert hoesemen.
>>
>>3042866
Not much. They would still have successions of monarchs but with different laws and culture, more dealings with their Islamic cousins over the black sea than with Eastern Europe. They wouldnt have many friends in Europe but they didn't anyway in our history and they're still here.

Spreading Islam across Siberia may help it in central Asia. Perhaps they expand more towards central Asia than towards the Pacific in order to be closer to the Islamic world than the Asiatic one.

How would their Islamic dynasties handle the transition into the modern age?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.