[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zoroastrianism and Islam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1498301699885.jpg (56KB, 1033x405px) Image search: [Google]
1498301699885.jpg
56KB, 1033x405px
What books can you recommend me that chronicles the fall of Zoroastrianism to Islam?

/lit/ is full of deadbeats.
>>
>>3041281
>that image
>the topic of islam
>insulting /lit/

So many red flags... I'll just mention that Zoroastrianism promotes polygamy, incest and pedophilia as part of its core believes, as it proposes such relationships produce purer (in body and spirit) children.
This is just because I've seen this thread on /pol/ and it was about white Christians identifying with Zoroastrianism as if its an ally and a close friend in the fight against Islam.

As for your actual request, I haven't read any good books on it. Zoroastrianism itself was forced on the population by the ruling dynasty, and after that Islam was forced by the new ruling dynasty. There isn't much more to say. Its mentioned here and there in books about Persia, in short paragraphs.

Try this text from " Philosophy East and West": https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.indian/dPuGhXS-dDc
>>
>>3041281
To be fair, and although I like the wewuz meme, whites didn't really create civilisation either.
>China, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Indus Valley
Modern civilisation? Absolutely.
>>
>>3041293
Oh Come now we enjoy insulting /lit/ here. I agree with you though.
>>
>>3041293
>implying greentext implications
I don't know what you think it is, but it's not. I just have a feeling the history of Zoroastrianism and the development and subsequent conquering by Islam of it could offer some interesting insights, not that I'm interested in Zoroastrianism specifically per-se. To these ends, however, /lit/ seemed more content to keep jacking off to the Iliad before I could get a reply to my thread that wasn't me just bumping. I already ordered the first part in a three-part series of textbooks on "A History of Zoroastrianism" by Mary Boyce, though I was hoping for something more generally pertinent to this topic specifically since the other two textbooks in this collection are literally $300+ (and may not even answermy questions!).

But anyway, yes, thanks for a link and I'll look into it. /lit/ is still fags as evidenced by this thread here actually garnering a response.
>>
>>3041380
>>3041468
I am not saying /lit/ isn't a garbage board, a lifestyle circlejerk between people too busy owning books as a fashion statement to actually read them. I am saying that bashing /lit/ is a popular sport in Kekistan, and since I saw such a thread on /pol/ recently, I wanted to line up some defenses in case of a surprise blitzkrieg.

About any religion, buying a book specifically about that religion, post likely written by a follower or someone interested, will be biased. So adjust your shields accordingly and don't get converted too fast.
Ultimately the first monotheistic religion (as the bad guy isn't exactly a god, nor is he worshiped), its an ancestor to the Abrahamic faiths, so its very important historically.
These days however it isn't, and the only people who write about it are "fanboys" so to speak.

When you read your books and come to some interesting conclusions, make a thread talking about them, review the books even, there is interest here. I'd buy and read some thick tome of a fellow poster told me its good stuff.
>>
>>3041474
>unironically using kekistan

sargon pls leave
>>
>>3041481
Is it unfashionable now? I barely browse outside of the Syria war general.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.