[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SERBIAN HISTORY THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Nemanjic Serbia.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nemanjic Serbia.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I have noticed that this board despite being dedicated primarily for the discussion of history lacks and serious effort at actually sharing the historical knowledge between various peoples and their cultures.
In the name of fixing that I am willing to put in a substantial effort into translating various Serbian, Croatian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Greek and Italian historical documents and texts in order to actually familiarize you with Serbian history, beyond the usual memes and worn out cliches.
I have chosen the Serbian history because Serbia was located on the crossroad of European history throughout its existence and through its eyes you can see the history of not only the Balkans but a big part of Central, Southern and Eastern Europe unfold through the ages.
But before starting to actually contribute to this threads purpose I wish to hear if anyone is actually interested in what I propose, because what I intend to do will consume a significant part of my free time during this summer and may prove an exhausting endeavor.
So if this thread generates enough interest I will immediately start my work.
>>
there are 3 types of ppl on /his, just so you know before start wasting your time

>american nigger mutt or some sorta mentally handicapped pol escapists yapping about africa/nazis/communism

>meme lord: byzantium, bomber harris, lindy, lel ebin eternal teuton

>actually interested in history of just anything

the last is the minority
>>
>>3041169
Yes I'm quite aware of that but even if a couple of people declared an interest in this and decided to stick with me I would consider this project a worthy cause. Knowledge is priceless in my opinion and the minority was always the ones who decided to wield it.
>>
File: Serbia dry bridge.jpg (219KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
Serbia dry bridge.jpg
219KB, 1023x681px
>>3041169
This guy's correct. It'll be a waste of time unless you also throw your documents around to places like Reddit, like five people here will appreciate this.

Would you happen to know any English books about Serbian history? Everything I know I learned from reading Byzantine and Ottoman histories which explained a quiet a few things and introduced me to characters like Stephen Dushan, so I don't have the clearest of pictures.
>>
>>3041189
As I said I only need a small amount of people to show withstanding interest, Reddit is out of the question for me. They have proven too many times to be an echo chamber or generally subversive to any kind of truth that isn't in line with the opinion of mainstream media.

No unfortunately there seems to be a quiet ban on Serbian history in English media. Most of my knowledge comes from Serb, Croat, Bulgar, Hungarian, Greek and Latin texts. There are miscellaneous texts, treatises and works from the early 20'th century written in the British Empire that you can find as PDF's on the internet regarding Serbian history. Although they are skimpy of content and are usually focusing on only certain points of interest.
>>
>>3041160
>"car" Dusan
>>
>>3041169
You forgot the "why do white people do" who are exclusively spics and mentally ill tripfags
>>
>>3041160
Good luck, i've given up. When it comes to Serbia, it's either "remove kebab" memers, or butt mad neighbors blaming Serbia for everything since the biblical flood.
I've written multiple posts, and they've usually been for nothing.
Very few people here care for a nuanced view, and generally spout what they've learned in high school like it's the infallible word of god.
As someone who's read a lot about Serbo-Bulgarian relations, i especially hate dealing with Bulgarian on 4chan, they're like a brick wall. Some non meming Croats were good and objective.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.