[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "create your own morality" just a hot meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Nietzsche-thug-life.jpg (935KB, 1956x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-thug-life.jpg
935KB, 1956x1211px
Is "create your own morality" just a hot meme?
>>
No, it's correct. The fact that morality doesn't objectively exist is no reason not to have moral systems most people agree on.
People are too obsessed with trying to conjure up objectivity for morals.
>>
>>3040057
My morality is to ruthlessly kill anyone who shares the same ideology as you. You simply cannot complain when i come and kill you.

There is not one single point to human morality if not all (100%) of humans agree on it.
>>
>>3040134
>My morality is to ruthlessly kill anyone who

Meant to say..

>my morality lets me.
>>
>>3040134
That may be your morality, but a great deal of people's morality includes creating a system that detains or executes people who wantonly murder people.
Your morality may be just as non-objective as mine, but mine has a majority of the people's consent and the ability to put in safeguards against people who share similar extremely unpleasant moralities.
We may not all share the exact same morality, but the bulk of us agree on that one point, that killing someone wantonly is bad and should be averted/punished.
>>
>>3040159
>We may not all share the exact same morality, but the bulk of us agree on that one point, that killing someone wantonly is bad and should be averted/punished.

>>3040045
>Is "create your own morality" just a hot meme?

>>3040057
>No, it's correct.

So then you can agree, creating your own morality is not correct and what needs to be agreed upon is objective morality, like the punishment of wantonly murder.
>>
>>3040217
No, because it's still not objective, just agreed upon. You're free to create a morality which involves the wanton slaughter of innocents, but unless you can convince enough people to agree with it, you're probably going to be stopped by people who don't want to let themselves be subjected to your morality
>>
>>3040231
You understand you are using an objective morality to judge the basis of ones created morality?

>No, because it's still not objective, just agreed upon.
Here is your fault, obviously a morality that has 100% of people agreeing upon it becomes an objective morality.

>but unless you can convince enough people to agree with it, you're probably going to be stopped by people who don't want to let themselves be subjected to your morality
So then, holy shit, it's almost as if like creating your own morality is retarded and almost never works, unless of course it's a 1:1 "off shoot" of the standard human morality.

>stopped by people
No one should be stopping me if you believe I am able to create my own morality and live by it.
>>
File: 1475406729806.jpg (99KB, 863x647px) Image search: [Google]
1475406729806.jpg
99KB, 863x647px
>>3040057
>most people agree on
what a spook
>>
>>3040134
>Cannot complain
My morality includes wanting to live so yes I can
>>
>>3040045
>muh create your own morality
nietzsche said that the overman should create his own morality and we should follow whatever morality the ubermensch gave us
>>
>>3040045
>Thot meme
Fixed.
>>
Existentialists don't get Nietzsche. They honestly think he meant, with a more complex methodology supporting the assertion, what Stirner was saying. They think Nietzsche is just a man who diagnosed the psychiatric condition behind various philosophies and religions and then vouched for this "independent, existentialist, create-your-own" way. They think guys like Sartre are just a watered down Nietzsche and/or that they are seriously "following up" with what Nietzsche wrote in some form.

That is wrong though. Nietzsche should be thought of as having more in relation to Plato and Christianity than is normally considered. The existentialists have nothing to do with him. He perceives his connection to the whole and understands life through this insight; the universe is spun from ourselves and ourselves from the universe, and all truths are woven simultaneously, both justified and annihilated in this unity. And through THAT experience, one that is so far-reaching into the depths of the soul and spirit that it appears esoteric and paradoxical to the inexperienced, does he derive his strength and spiritual freedom. Nietzsche does not abolish the existence of God; he becomes God without any further self-distinction. And that is the real meaning of the passage in which he describes the phenomenon of God's death.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.