[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The greatest conqueror in history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: genghis-khan-wc-9308634-1-402.jpg (166KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
genghis-khan-wc-9308634-1-402.jpg
166KB, 1200x1200px
The greatest conqueror in history?
>>
Him or Alexander.
>>
Probably, but his kids fucked it up pretty quickly.
>>
>>3039689

It's sort of a catch-22.

A great system will produce consistent successes that are hard to trace back to one person, because one person didn't do it.

A great person will produce amazing successes, but they are hard to unpack, to disseminate, and so they end when that person dies.

If we have a Great Man in history, it's probably the produce of a Not Great System.
>>
>>3039689
The Empire had its greatest territorial acquisition under Ogedei.
>>
>>3039689
No they didn't, his grandkids did.
>>
jesus

(maybe even muhammed though if youre going by wars etc, not memeing)
>>
>>3039682
In his lifetime?YES.
>>
ur mum conquered my dick innit
>>
>>3039682
You can compare him to virtually any other great conqueror and you'l quickly realize how fucking alpha this horsefag was. Most conquerors were born into nobility and were raised with care and attention in a country already made to see them as the next ruler(Alexander). Temujin grew up as a piss poor hunter providing for his family, the circumstances forced him to spend the better half of his life gathering the love of the people and fighting to unify Mongolia. After that he conquered empires while any other khan struggled to maintain power.

The single conqueror that could stand up to him would be Napoleon, but I still don't think he did half as much as Genghis
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.