[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I DEMAND A DEBATE.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: zizek.jpg (230KB, 1230x549px) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
230KB, 1230x549px
Zizek vs Peterson.
Lacan vs Jung.
Both employ Hegel.

Though I can't help but think the discrepancy in their fields of expertise will lead to a fundamental disconnect in any conversation.
Peterson isn't a philosopher and Zizek is not a psychologist. I think Zizek has a bigger and wider knowledge base overall.
>>
>>3039451
Spoiler alert!
They agree with each other.
>>
>>3039451
I think Zizek would have an aneurysm if he got into a heated debate.
>>
>>3039451
>Lacan vs Jung.
>Both employ Hegel.
Reminder that /his/ is a scientific board and that pseudoscience such as psychoanalysis has no place on this board
>>
>>3039485

Except for the little detail that ZIzek is a Marxist and Peterson considers Marx to be the devil.
>>
>>3039560

they basicaly agree on everything
>>
>>3039490

Yeah, Peterson is a bully. He'd be able to push someone around in a debate while sticking to the rules.
>>
>>3039560
I like them both, however i feel as tho Zizek's marxism is just hot air. He's not stupid, he knows that capitalism is efficient and that it lifted billions out of poverty. But he also criticizes it in a very marxist way talking about inequality, alienation, and so one (no memes). He also knows, better than any westerner how and why Yugoslavia failed, because he was active in politics and almost became a member of the Slovene presidency. Zizek wants us to dream, to dream of world that seems inconceivable
>>
File: mao-lmao-1284566.png (95KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
mao-lmao-1284566.png
95KB, 500x334px
>>3039496
>/his/ is a scientific board
Liberal arts are not a science
>>
>>3039657

So you are saying Zizek doesn't follow Marx, he basically IS Marx. Read Marx, that's what he says.
>>
>>3039678
No, what i'm saying is that Zizek isn't some lefty politician, he's above contemporary left wing politics, and he's above the dogmatic view of most leftists.
>>
>>3039693

This is what I am saying.

Like Marx said, capitalism is the best mode of production, there only needs to be an extension of the 'owning classes' to cover all of those involved in creating and maintaining the economic system. This is what Zizek says, in his convoluted way.
>>
File: 1496826154460.jpg (2MB, 2700x6826px) Image search: [Google]
1496826154460.jpg
2MB, 2700x6826px
>>3039451
whats a good book to understand basic Jungian ideas?

Man and his symbols or w/?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.