[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Great" Britain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>be british empire
>be one of if not the most powerful empire in the world at the time
>have the most feared navy
>defeat france in the seven years war
>gain a lot of land
>tax the fuck out of the american colonies
>still lose to colonist rebels who are mostly just farmers, many with no prior military experience, or even if they do have any they didn't rise very high in the ranks and may have never even seen battle

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3038476

>Be incompetent British general
>Commit treason for personal advancement
>Become founding father of a nation that think oil and colouring make cheese
>>
i think it shows the british "empire" was more like a trade company with thugs and a small army of professionals in case of european chimpout
>>
>>3038524

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-22730613

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/675831/British-produce-meat-bacon-beef-milk-eggs-farms-UK
>>
>>3038537

American culture exported to the world
>>
>>3038476
First, I wish you a happy 4th of July.
With that beeing said, you do know that 13 colonies were supported by France, right?
>>
>>3038527
Pretty much this.
The Brits just went around setting up trade outposts/plantations and kept a small army at home in case shit hit the fan on the continent and they needed to fix the Balance of Powerâ„¢
>>
File: johnstark.jpg (300KB, 586x800px) Image search: [Google]
johnstark.jpg
300KB, 586x800px
Salutations /his/, best American general of the Revolution here, and none of you fat-asses even know who I am. Fuck you, I'm going back to my farm.
>>
>>3038628
General of the North!
>>
>>3038476

>defeat France in the 7 years war
>>
>>3038476
>>still lose to colonist rebels who are mostly just farmers
And French, Spanish and Dutch forces.
>>
>>3038476
>Be British Empire
>Be a second-rate European power whose only item of note is the Royal Navy
>This navy is still relatively small
>Defeat France with the help of Prussia in the Seven Years' War
>Gain some North American land
>Levy some of the lightest taxes in the Empire against the American colonies
>They fucking chimp out and declare independence even after being offered representation in Parliament
>The French, Spanish, and Dutch seize on this opportunity to eliminate a rival
>You're now at war with most of Western Europe and forced to give up the colonies

>240 years later said colonies will conflate you with the late 19th century British Empire and claim to have beaten you all by themselves to satisfy their ego
>>
>>3039528

>Relatively small navy.

It was prettz much equal to the combined French and Spanish navies. Add in the Dutch navy and only then the British Navy is in inferiority. But the allies fleets were uncoordinated. The British Navy sucessfully blockaded Dutch commerce in the North sea, and main naval operations took place in the Caribbean, Gibraltar and Menorca with mixed success.

The Navy was literally the only thing going for the British. The 'battles' of the American war theatre were little more than minor skirmishes by European standards, involving only small contingents of about 8k troops vs 8k troops.

Overall, the USA, the weakest party involved, won the most out of the war (independence + expansion to the Mississipi + fishing concessions in Terranova). Spain made very minor gains (Florida and Minorca), France even worse (Tobago and Senegal) and endured very heavy economic strains. The Dutch came out of it even worsee (no clay + commerce losses for years + they were force to made trade concessions to the Brits in the East Indies).

None of the primary objectives (Gibraltar, Jamaica and penetration in British India) was achieved. The British were keen on negotiating peace separately with the Americans offering them great terms, as they saw the States as a perfect, profitable trading partner without having to run the costs of administering the territory and at the same stalling the negotiation interests of French, Spanish and Dutch. So it took the Muricans 5 seconds to pull a Benedict Arnold on France, Spain and the Netherlands in 1783.

Overall, bit of a tactical defeat for the UK (some unimportant clay lost) but massive strategic victory (France in economic shatters, the Dutch commercially assfucked, Gibraltar-less Spain, guaranteed British access to the Med, reassurance of British domination in India and kept their economically very important caribbean colonies - Jamaica alone was more economically relevant than the 13 colonies- and caribbean trade).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.