[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the benefits of being a Christian /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 20

File: ZwmdQsU.png (231KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
ZwmdQsU.png
231KB, 678x678px
What are the benefits of being a Christian /his/?
>>
>>3033855
peace of mind if you can't handle the thought of a world without meaning and the endless void that is death
>>
There are no benefits anymore. Whatever stability it brought to society it's all in the trash now. The only reason there is to be a christian these days is out of your own faith. You can only be a christian if you actually believe in jesus, his teachings and that of his apostles, but it's something out of your own will, God has left this place anyways.
>>
>>3033867

But nearly everyone, including most of the people you know, will burn in Hell forever. Also, the single most terrible sin, the one that can damn you forever without even knowing it, is left unexplained in the Bible. What kind of peace of mind is that?
>>
>>3033870
This. I can't stand people that try to make religion about something besides faith
>>
>>3033871
By nearly every metric, you're going to live a better life. I really wish the world hadn't robbed me of any chance I had at having faith.
>>3033871
>But nearly everyone, including most of the people you know, will burn in Hell forever
And that is just, by definition.
>>
>>3033867
That is not christianity, though. It doesn't sound like it at all. To think someone would follow a man just because they fear of the dark, it's unthinkable. Those who think like that are nothing but rats.
>>
>>3033855
A congregation that can act like an extended family. Answer to questions you feel must be answered. Now, whether they're the best possible answers is another question entirely.
>>
>>3033881
To this >>3033855
>>
>>3033881
>I really wish the world hadn't robbed me of any chance I had at having faith.
Stupid world, letting you know when something is stupid like that.
>>
>>3033867
Why should I chose Christianity over Islam? An Imam offered me the same kind of thing.
>>
>>3033867
Death isn't a void. A void is an absence. There's no absence in death. Death simply can't be explained or described in any way whatsoever. The closest I can think of getting, however, is through this: imagine what your life was like in the year 1376. That's what you will return to in death.
>>3033882
Rats don't fear the dark. The dark hides them. Rats fear the light, for it exposes them.
>>
>>3033888
Who gives a fuck if it's stupid, most of what anyone believes is stupid anyway.
>>
>>3033902
That's just like, your belief, man.
>>
>>3033881
> I really wish the world hadn't robbed me of any chance I had at having faith.
So do I, and i wish the world wasn't filled with beasts disguised as humans, i really wished the things that i followed so dearly as a code of honor had any relevance at all. I'm a good man, a lot better christian than most and i barely know Jesus as a mythical man, and it feels that it's me who has been betrayed the most. Sometimes i really wish there was a way to redeem this shitty life, but the faith is just not there. I don't know it, and all i have is this misery of betrayal.
>>
>>3033912
The world is shit mate, it always has been, it always will be.
>>
>>3033901
Then there's nothing more wretched and foul than a human.

>Imagine what your life was like in the year 1376
Those were good times. When people had a purpose, and the compassion of a being that was never there.
>>
Can't you Christspergs just fuck off? I can tolerate you a lot more when you aren't shoving your preachy cult bullshit everywhere.
>>
>>3033917
I want to be sedated as well. I fear the light.
>>
>>3033910
Nah, it's true. Most of what you and I and everyone else believe is completely unjustified or flat out wrong or both, nobody has the time to actually read up on most matters and form a coherent opinion informed by the evidence. Since we're all basically condemned to live like morons, I'd prefer to be able to choose the moronic idea that makes me happier and fulfilled, thank you very much.
>>3033912
Mate, I'm not even talking about the irredeemability of the world or people or how contemporary morals are complete shit, how behaving virtuously is far more a pain than it should be, how it makes me unable to have a normal life, I'm talking about the simple fact that I literally can't read anything religious and not go "come on, how can I fucking believe in this stuff" within 5 minutes. Why, why, why.
>>
>>3033929
>Those were good times. When people had a purpose, and the compassion of a being that was never there.
My point is that you weren't born in 1376, so it's nonsense to try to imagine what your life was at the time. What of "you" existed back then is the same as what's going to exist of "you" when you're dead.
>>
>>3033934
>I'd prefer to be able to choose the moronic idea that makes me happier and fulfilled
As Shia LaBeuf would say: JUST DO IT. And it's not like there's a shortage of stupid ideas flourishing nowadays, as you said yourself. Just latch onto any one of them that seems plausiable enough, and you'll have your Christianity substitute.
>>
>>3033937
>What of "you" existed back then is the same as what's going to exist of "you" when you're dead
prove it
>>
>>3033946
Prove it incorrect.
>>
>>3033944
>Just latch onto any one of them that seems plausiable enough
I don't know of any religion that is plausible. As for political doctrine or ethical theories, I'm already settled on that front, but those things don't have a transcendental character like religion.
>>
>>3033948
that's not how that works m8
you're the one who made a claim, you're the one who has to prove it.
>>
>>3033934
You have to make some meaning out of it somehow. When we're cornered into some shit, we start making up stuff to justify whatever is happening. There's a big advantage in having a powerful invisible being that never interacts with the physical world in that case, you make him your expy, you lay all your shit on him and get smug about it.

I personally don't believe any shit the Bible says, much less the jew garbage that is the old testament, but i really like to roleplay and think that not all of it is bullshit, that somehow being virtuous gets you closer to something that doesn't exist even if it means you're causing pain to yourself. It's a romantic, it's a game, it's the sweetest lie you can tell yourself.
>>
>>3033855
Not burning in hell is what they advertise.
>>
>>3033957
Why would I have to disprove the existence of reincarnation when the lack of evidence for reincarnation is my evidence?
>>
>>3033957
This is a christian thread, my friend. Faith is what drives us. Sometimes you just have to believe stuff.
>>
>>3033967
I can't consciously use a lie, that's just wrong.
Fucking hell, why can't I fall from my horse and see jeebus or something.
>>
>>3033978
absence of evidence is not evidence of absence . lots of things are true even though there's no scientific evidence for them. if something can't be proven true or false through science it simply means that you need other reasons for believing or disbelieving in it.
>>
>>3033989
Absence of evidence is actually quite often used as evidence.
>>
>>3033988
Indeed. This must be what it feels like to be in the first circle of hell. To never be able to know God, despite whatever you or anyone tells you.
>>
>>3034011
Nah, that's just what being Catholic is like
>>
>>3034007
except there's also a lack of evidence for your own claim of what happens after death
>>
>>3033883

If you are a Christian to have a sense of family, you are doing it wrong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celibacy#Christianity
>>
>>3033855
I becoming more convinced on the resurrection the more I read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-m3InsXb4s
>>
>>3033855
Following the Truth instead of living a life of lies, striving towards a union with God, fulfilling your true purpose and meeting your true self and being received into the Kingdom of Heaven.
>>
>>3034155
>>3034165
I envy you guys so much.
>>
>>3034051
Monasticism isn't the only way to go.

>>3034173
Pray for faith, even if it's purely mechanical at first.
>>
>>3034037
Except for the absence of evidence of the contrary, which weighs more heavily in my benefit since a complete lack of evidence of anything happening makes the evidence lean towards nothing happening.
>>
>>3034173
Watch the video, read N.T Wright, E.P Sanders, and Habermas
>>
>>3034165
My God. My God. I am dying, I am Living. Save me my lord. I can't take it. Stop this mind, give me rest. Why must i suffer my lord? No one even cares about your servant. Release me, grant me death.
>>
>>3034183
This. Be sincere and you will feel closer to him, like an imaginary friend, except you get to believe he's real.
>>
You become retarded and go to hell together with a community of other retards that will go to hell.
>>
>>3034186
I've already read that stuff, it doesn't convince me in the slightest.
>>3034183
That would amount to deceiving myself.
>>
>>3034231
>I've already read that stuff, it doesn't convince me in the slightest.

Then I think you're retarded.
>>
>>3034231

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-m3InsXb4s
>>
File: I-Will-Remind-Them.jpg (44KB, 736x568px) Image search: [Google]
I-Will-Remind-Them.jpg
44KB, 736x568px
>>3033855
You can excuse your blithe solipsism
>>
>>3034243
Wow, very compassionate of you.
>>3034248
As I said, I've already listened to that. If you read even the slightest amount of agiography, you'll find that people are perfectly willing to die or do things for stuff they think they saw and that actually never happened.
>>
File: Christian-Natalism.gif (2MB, 359x253px) Image search: [Google]
Christian-Natalism.gif
2MB, 359x253px
>>3033881
>How you want your eschatology senpai?

That really is JUST, by definition
>>
>>3034184
So if we can't prove how a man died that means he just died fucking randomly for no fucking reason? If there's no evidence to support any cause of death that means the evidence leans towards there being no reason for his death, right?
>>
>>3034270
Of course, but it makes belief in the resurrection far more convincing, especially when you have people like Paul becoming Christians and the early Christian creeds in the NT that date from 1-5 years after the cross. Sure, it's not 100% proof, but it adds a lot of credibility.
>>
>>3033855
Deficiency is you can easy go to hell. For example - Old Testament don't allow eat pork, but modern Christianity allow it, but you don't know what a judge will think about this.
Christians remind me Communists. They also have faith in paradise.
>>
>>3034279
It's still a man coming back from the dead, dude. If it happened today, nobody would take it seriously aside from people in the third world.
>>
>>3034317
There is too much credibility behind this to simply deny it. Besides, it could have been as equally "crazy" then. Judaism had no tradition of a dying or rising Messiah. To them, the Messiah would be a king come to defeat the Romans. The idea of a dying and rising Messiah was crazy.
>>
File: bombs internally.jpg (28KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
bombs internally.jpg
28KB, 260x260px
>>3034279

Um. What about the Muslim miracles?
>>
>>3034369
>There is too much credibility behind this to simply deny it.
I really don't see the difference between this and tales of saints making dragons fart and flee in fear.
>>
>>3034317
You also have to explain the empty tomb. Maybe the disciples and James and the 500 witnesses and Paul had "visionary" experiences, but that doesn't explain the empty tomb.
>>
>>3034381
What Muslim miracles. Muhammad didn't perform any.
>>
>>3034381
there are none>>3034381
>>
>>3034384
The resurrection is intended to be a historical narrative. The style of the Gospels show this.
>>
>>3033855
same benefits as any other ideology; irrationality that frees you from the aches and pains of simply thinking/approaching about something in an honest fashion.
>>
File: 1465707979329.jpg (40KB, 515x332px) Image search: [Google]
1465707979329.jpg
40KB, 515x332px
>>3034390

Entire villages claim to have seen werewolves, witches, and vampires.

But hey, they might have been right too.
>>
>>3034394
*?
>>
>>3034404
Explain the empty tomb please.
>>
>>3034384
Whose problem is that?
>>
>>3034390
I don't have to explain that anymore than I have to explain dragons farting. Who knows what happened. Maybe some other jesus syncretic superfan who was half pagan stole the body to cook a magic soup with it, I don't know.
>>3034400
Those tales are intended to be historical too. Like the one in the gospels about mass scale resurrection. Where's the evidence for that. Other tales include saints putting their staff into the ground and stopping blight, martyrs coming back to life and burning down houses. I mean, we can do this all day long.
>>3034411
Not sure what you mean by that.
>>
File: 1466817689711.png (161KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
1466817689711.png
161KB, 350x227px
>>3034409

Romans guarding the tomb stole the body and had a Weekend at Bernies.

Oh also....

http://www.discoveringislam.org/miracles_of_Islam.htm
>>
>>3034416
No they aren't, they were intended to be legends.

The writing style of the Gospels is consistent with other historical biography's of the time.

Someone stealing the body of Jesus is consider historically implausible.

You're now doing the thing you accuse Theist of doing.
>>
>>3034430
Those are not miracles in the Christian sense.

Also, the "scientific" accuracy of the Qur'an has been debunked multiple times.
>>
>>3034007
By people who love logical fallacies, sure.
>>
>>3034433
>No they aren't, they were intended to be legends.
Says who? Dude, when the police back then was ordered to destroy altars of those saints there were people who fought them, that is risked their lives for stories of dragons and blight and soaking wet martyrs.
Also, you're not explaining the mass resurrection event. Where's the evidence for that. It's kinda important.
>>
>>3034433

What if one of the disciples stole the body to make the claim that he resurrected?

I mean the founder of Mormonism said the angel took the golden plates back. Was he telling the truth?

I mean people have lied about religious shit for centuries and some authentically believed.

I mean Muhammad has the same claim that angels spoke to him. What evidence makes him wrong and the Christians right?

And no, you cannot use the gospels or the Quran as evidence as references itself as evidence of it being true and that is circular reasoning.
>>
>>3034430
So the Romans, so desperate to stamp out this infant religion that was sweeping through their empire and causing havoc among their pagan gods, and indeed tearing the empire in two, did not produce the body of Jesus that they had in their keeping, which would have stopped Christianity that very same day.

Great theory.

Right up there with "the moon is made of cheese", which iirc your false prophet believed.
>>
>>3034416
If you have a hard time believing reality because it does not fit your normalcy bias, your incremental, secular humanist rationalist worldview, whose problem is that, but yours?
>>
File: 1497650553877.jpg (28KB, 258x194px) Image search: [Google]
1497650553877.jpg
28KB, 258x194px
>>3034439

Where is my firmament?

Are you aware in order for the Bible to be right, you have to believe in flat earth theory (which man flat earthers claim that flat earth proves that the Bible is right and the space program is a lie because of the firmament).

Least I know where the flat earthers are coming from.
>>
>>3034446
Your rambling is starting to make no sense now. Can you please give me a source for what you're telling me? I'm sure it's easily refutable.

"Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep." - 1 Corinthians 15:6

Scholars believe this to be apart of an early Christians creed from about 1-5 years after the cross.

Also, please please explain the empty tomb and explain Paul's conversion. Paul persecuted and may have even killed Christians. Then he suddenly becomes one one day due to his "experience."
>>
>>3034448
So one of the disciples, huddled in fear that the Roman guards would arrest them next for being a disciple of Jesus, overpowered the guards at the tomb on the very day Jesus predicted He would rise from the dead, moved the massive stone out of the way, breaking all the seals, and carted off the body of Jesus, which was never again seen by anyone on earth.

Then he and his buddies got together and made up this lie, that Jesus rose from the dead, and even when parts of their bodies were being hacked off for this lie, when their bodies were being sawn in half for this lie, when they were being decapitated for this lie, when they were being crucified for this lie, and all they had to do was admit it was a lie.....

They all died instead, for no money, for no fame, for no risen Jesus Christ, just for the lie that they themselves had made up.
>>
>>3034458
I believe in Biblical inerrancy, not Biblical infallibility. I am not a Fundamentalist faggot.
>>
File: titus get the cross.png (173KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
titus get the cross.png
173KB, 500x758px
>>3034450

Are you fucking retarded. There were so many goddamn upstart religions in the Roman Empire they didn't give a shit about Jesus. Pilot offered to spare Jesus if only the Jews wanted it. Washing his hands and what not. They didn't give too shits about the king of the jews.
>>
>>3034458
Firmament = the earth.
Waters below = waters on earth.
Waters above = a water canopy around the earth that fell and caused the Flood of Noah (and the massive oceans).

The bible says the world from an off-world viewpoint looks like a circle.

Have you seen a picture of the world from an off-world viewpoint?

It does look like a circle (because as a 3D being, you can only process information in 2D).
>>
>>3034474
What group of religious people was being fed to lions in the Coliseum, again?
>>
>>3034448
Because scholars believe the apostles were genuine in their belief. All of them, except John, died for their belief. And John had been tortured and exiled. If you had actually read the scholars I recommended and watched the video I linked you would know this. But you're mentally retarded.
>>
>>3034468

I mean they could have found Judas bag of silver and paid the guards off. Romans were notorious for corruption and being in a far off hostile land. Why the fuck not.

Here is the problem. You are taking the word of someone as truth.

If you can do that, why not believe Mohamed or the guy who founded Mormonism?

Both said shit they claimed to be true and had stories of supernatural shit that everyone believed without seeing first hand.
>>
>>3034466
>Your rambling is starting to make no sense now.
Because I'm listing stories of saints that you don't even know exist. I don't have the books here with me right now but I haven't made up any of them. I didn't even mention the story of the jewish boy in the oven.
>explain Paul's conversion.
He fell from a horse a hit his head. For fuck's sake, are you seriously telling me that if someone were to change their mind on a subject after falling from a horse the first thing on your mind wouldn't be "head trauma"?
>>
>>3034481

Are you autistic? That was hundreds of years after Christians started proselytizing and assaulting Roman places of worship. Rome did not even care about Jesus when he was around. He had like a handful of followers.

There was no historical record of the great Christian threat during Jesus time. They were more concerned with the upstart Jews.
>>
>>3034448
>I mean Muhammad has the same claim that angels spoke to him.

Mohammad was right. An angel spoke to him, for 20 years.

Where Mohammad erred, or did not err but was willfully evil, was not properly identifying that angel as satan/lucifer/the devil, but lying and saying it was Gabriel.

Gabriel, who asked Mary to bear Jesus as God's Son.
Gabriel, who reassured Joseph that Mary was bearing God's Son.
Gabriel, who announced the birth of Jesus, God's Son.
Gabriel, who watched Jesus, God's Son, grow to a man.
Gabriel, who was there when Jesus was baptized, and who heard God say "This is my beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased."
Gabriel, who was there at the Transfiguration and heard God say "This is my Son; hear Him!".
Gabriel, who cradled the dead body of my Lord in that grave, suffering him not to be corrupted, who held that lonely vigil for three days and three nights, removing the cloth from my precious Savior's face;
Gabriel, who was present when Jesus, the Son of God, rose from the dead and ascended triumphantly into heaven;

that Gabriel

Told Mohammad 600 years later that Jesus is not God, did not die, and did not rise from the dead.
>>
>>3034486
Judas' bag of silver, thrown back into the temple, bought a potter's field and was turned into a mass poor burial ground, where Judas was buried.

Just as prophesied.

Everything that happened was prophesied to happen; even the amount that Judas would get for betraying Jesus. Even that he would splatter on the ground in a potter's field purchased with the blood money.
>>
>>3034488
>Because I'm listing stories of saints that you don't even know exist. I don't have the books here with me right now but I haven't made up any of them. I didn't even mention the story of the jewish boy in the oven.

Sure faggot, they're principle is not the same as the gospel narrative which is intended to be straight forward history.

>He fell from a horse a hit his head. For fuck's sake, are you seriously telling me that if someone were to change their mind on a subject after falling from a horse the first thing on your mind wouldn't be "head trauma"?

See,now you're just trying to explain away shit. The plausibility of what you told me is low. You are doing what you accuse theist of dong. Also, the others around him were able to hear Jesus speaking to Paul anyways. And the narrative never says he hit his head.
>>
>>3034495
The Christians were under persecution in the 1st century by both Jews and Romans. 10 waves of persecution finally ended when Constantine figured out that the more Christians were persecuted, the more Christians there were.
>>
>>3034499

A few posts back, I said you couldn't use Gospel to prove itself was true. You need some external evidence. Otherwise all holy books that self reference themselves to be true have to be true which conflicts since they say none of the other books are true.

Otherwise, its circular reasoning.

Can you prove Muhammad or Mormonism untrue without using the Bible?

Otherwise, you only believe what you believe because you read that book first. If you were born Muslim, you'd still be a Muslim today.
>>
>>3034512

There were no Christian to be be put into Arenas in Jesus's time. It was years after he died. How hard is it for you to get that?
>>
>>3034488
Also, never says he was on a horse.
>>
>>3034511
>Sure faggot, they're principle is not the same as the gospel narrative which is intended to be straight forward history.
Again, no, they're not. Even ignoring that, you still haven't explained the strange absence from any other source of the mass resurrection event in the gospel of matthew.
>The plausibility of what you told me is low.
Yes, sure, head injuries resulting in religious visions are far less frequent than actually seeing god. Are you insane?
>>
>>3034516
Can I prove that a man who made no prophecies is not a prophet? Sure. Easily. Mohammad made no prophecies, and he is therefore not a prophet.

Can I prove that Joe Smith plagiarized the entire Book of Mormon from existing sources, copying even the spelling errors and grammatical mistakes of those documents?

No, but luckily someone took the time to, and it's called the CES letter.

Can I note Mohammad died and stayed dead? Sure.

Can I note Joe Smith died and stayed dead? Sure.

Can you back up your claims that Jesus did not rise from the dead?

Of course you cannot.
>>
>>3034499
>>Mohammad was right. An angel spoke to him, >>for 20 years.
No one knew the angel before. That angel was a "black horse". Even some an allah workshippers before Mohammad thought it was not an angel but an evil spirit.
>>
>>3034521
Christian persecution started in 32 AD; Saul of Tarsus was killing Christians very shortly after that. When Christianity fled Israel due to Roman demolition, the Romans began doing the same thing the Jews did. Persecute Christians.

And did so for centuries.
>>
>>3034539
The Arabs/muslims made up the idea of djinn to cover for the fact that angels can lie.

If you looked into it, you would find that Islam teaches that angels cannot lie. And therefore Gabriel must have been Gabriel, and must have told Mohammad the truth.

Yet we know, outside of Islam, that the fallen angel known as the devil is the Father of Lies.

It is that angel who spoke to Mohammad, the Father of Lies, not Gabriel.

Any evil spirits that are not fallen angels are chained in the pit; they are the souls of the lost and damned angel/human Nephilim.
>>
>>3033855
>What are the benefits of being a Christian /his/?
Jesus can pardon all sins (because it isn't)
>>
>>3034540
oy vey remember the sixteen gorillions dead inside the roman arenas.
>>
>>3034534
>Again, no, they're not. Even ignoring that, you still haven't explained the strange absence from any other source of the mass resurrection event in the gospel of matthew.

Again, no they are not. Even if they were, they wouldn't compare in the same way to the resurrection story. And what the fuck are you talking about when you say "mass resurrection event"?

>The plausibility of what you told me is low.
If he had feel like that, he probably would have died, He didn't even hit his head nor was he on a horse and others around him heard the voice and the vision seems to have begun just before he "fell."
>>
>>3034549
>(because it isn't)
because he don't exist
>>
>>3034555
Likely a hundred thousand, maybe twice that. They also took Christians, alive, dipped them in tar and tied them to stakes to light up their dinner parties.

You're on the side of evil, and you will pay for that.
>>
>>3034559
If Jesus does not exist, nothing exists, including you.
>>
>>3034557
*fell
>>
>>3034534
Literally just trying to explain away things you can't refute.
>>
>>3034534
>Even ignoring that, you still haven't explained the strange absence from any other source of the mass resurrection event in the gospel of matthew.

It's recorded in the infallible and inerrant Word of God.

That you think the Word of God needs mankind's stamp of approval is what has led you to this life of nothing and meaninglessness.
>>
>>3034562
lmao, that's more hilarious than jewish soap.
>>
>>3034535

OK, you and I can't prove these hindus didn't ascend to heaven either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entering_Heaven_alive#Hinduism

Hinduism

Yudhishthira of the Mahabharata is believed he was the only human to cross the plane between mortals and heaven in his mortal body.[8] But before him, his brother Arjun had been to heaven and lived there for 5 years in his human body! His grand-uncle Bhishma had lived and studied in heaven. His ancestor, Puru had been to heaven. Indeed, many kings, including Nahush were admitted to heaven in their human body. [9]
Sant Tukaram

Sant Tukaram was taken to Vaikunta on Garuda Vahan which was witnessed by all the village people.[10]
Chaitanya Mahaprabhu

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu disappeared after entering the temple deity room of Lord Jagannath.[11]
Swami Ramalinga

Ramalinga Swamigal (Swami Ramalinga), a great Sage revered by his teaching. Ramalinga supposedly attained the Supreme Body of the Godhead when Divinity itself merged with him. He was reported to have disappeared after deciding to de-materialize his immortal body by his own free will, his body was never found.[12]
Mirra Alfassa

The Mother (Mirra Alafassa), the foremost disciple of the Hindu philosopher and guru Sri Aurobindo, attempted the physical transformation of her body in order to become what she felt was the first of a new type of human individual by opening to the Supramental Truth Consciousness, a new power of spirit that Sri Aurobindo had allegedly discovered. She believed that she could create for herself a new kind of “light body”. However, she died and was cremated.
Meera Bai
Meera Bai the devotional poet also disappeared when she entered the inner sanctum of Dwarikadheesh Temple and supposed to be in vaikuntha.
>>
>>3034557
>And what the fuck are you talking about when you say "mass resurrection event"?
Have you ever read your holy book, for fuck's sake.
>and the vision seems to have begun just before he "fell."
Yeah, because people with a suspected head trauma are renowned for their ability to correctly recall events leading to their injury.
For fuck's sake I can't imagine the disasters you would cause by working in emergency medicine. "oh you're seeing jesus? probably a real thing, go back home and pray".
>>
I heard an atheist say Christians have to "reconcile" their world view with the advances of science whereas atheist do not need to because science keeps progressing. Funny thing is, when it comes to the resurrection, atheist just do exactly what they accuse Christians of doing. They have to find ways to "reconcile" their world view with the vast evidence for the resurrection.
>>
>>3034572
>It's recorded in the infallible and inerrant Word of God.
Circular reasoning.
Nice troll btw
>>
>>3034592
>Have you ever read your holy book, for fuck's sake
What specific event are you referring to? I was assuming you met at first what Paul describes in 1 Corinth 15 but I guess not. What event in Matthew are you speaking of?
>Yeah, because people with a suspected head trauma are renowned for their ability to correctly recall events leading to their injury.
For fuck's sake I can't imagine the disasters you would cause by working in emergency medicine. "oh you're seeing jesus? probably a real thing, go back home and pray".
Again, never says he got an injury, he never hit his head, never was on a horse, had others around him experience it. You are just trying to explain away things you cannot refute, It makes no sense that an avid persecutor of Christians would suddenly become a Christian.
>>
File: 1498818723130.jpg (35KB, 330x328px) Image search: [Google]
1498818723130.jpg
35KB, 330x328px
>>3034564

Jokes on you. Reality is despair code.

The Machine God created the Abrhamic religions to give humans false hope when it simply tortures them for the fun of it. It also puts souless humans on earth that appear to be happy to make others jealous but in fact these happy persons don't have consciousness.

When you die the real fun begins. It does fucked up things like making white Christians into transgendered black women or even Muslims.

It gave the stories to the Jews, made Jesus, and lied to Muhammad so there were be thousands of years of suffering and conflict.

It even lied about gnosis.

Prove me wrong. You can't. It programmed you to believe only on your death to realize your whole existence was a bitter lie.
>>
>>3034595

Again. Every time a religion is asked to prove that its holy book is true, the believer invariably refers to the holy book to prove the holy book is true.

Circular reasoning all the way down.

Its mentally impossible for them to do it otherwise.
>>
>>3034585
You're right. People confused by which of 330,000,000 demons to worship as God cannot hold my interest.
>>
>>3034593
Nonsense. That's just an immature Christian.
>>
>>3034606
>What event in Matthew are you speaking of?
After the resurrection, lots of dead people from jerusalem apparently came back to life and visited their relatives. It's peculiar that nobody has ever recorded this.
>It makes no sense that an avid persecutor of Christians would suddenly become a Christian.
We know plenty of cases where people suddenly and radically change their behavior, lots of them have to do with head injuries. What's more likely, that the case of paul falls under this too or that this one time it was actually jesus?
>>
>>3034595
Not seeing the circle.

God is Truth.
God inspired the written Word of God by indwelling the 40 men who wrote the 66 books over 1500 years, and bringing all things to their remembrance.
Everything the Holy Spirit inspired men wrote that is in the bible is true.

God is not wrong.
God is not a liar.
God is not mistaken.
God is not evil.

Presuppose that everything in the Word of God is true and not only will you waste less time fighting it, you'll benefit from it in this life and in eternity.
>>
>>3034607
I don't need to prove you wrong; you proved yourself wrong by being an acolyte of the machine god.
>>
>>3034625
>It's peculiar that nobody has ever recorded this.

Again, if nobody recorded it, how do you know it happened?
>>
File: Dude where's your argument.jpg (260KB, 736x916px) Image search: [Google]
Dude where's your argument.jpg
260KB, 736x916px
>>3034634
>>
>>3034625
>After the resurrection, lots of dead people from jerusalem apparently came back to life and visited their relatives. It's peculiar that nobody has ever recorded this.
The event is said to have happened before not after the resurrection and may have been more of a theological event rather than the author attempting to narrate a historical event.
>We know plenty of cases where people suddenly and radically change their behavior, lots of them have to do with head injuries. What's more likely, that the case of paul falls under this too or that this one time it was actually jesus?
He never had a head injury though, and can you also give me any sources of those people?
>>
>>3034647
The machine god is the "Abomination that Causes Desolation".
The machine god will be revealed by the Antichrist in the Holy of Holies in the rebuilt Jewish temple, the day that the wrath of God begins to be poured out onto the earth.
By being an acolyte of the machine god, you will have missed the rapture.
By being an acolyte of the machine god, you will take the mark of the beast on your right hand.
By being an acolyte of the machine god, and taking the mark of the beast, you damn yourself to eternal hellfire.

By your own words, you are condemned.
>>
>>3034657

We have evidence people lie and make shit up.

What is your evidence, these people didn't just make shit up.

Again, you cannot only refer to the Bible as your only source.

Haven't you wrote a college paper. Need sources from more than one group.
>>
>>3034665
There is power in the name of Jesus.
There is power in the Word of God.
There is power in the Holy Spirit to transform lives.

You need this power in your life. Your life is a hopeless, meaningless mess and you're never going to be able to change that on your own.
>>
File: 1490421669090.gif (2MB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
1490421669090.gif
2MB, 220x242px
>>3034659

I'm pretty sure, you are condemned. To be fair, I am also condemned but at least I am aware of my hell.

Also the earth as we know it is only a few years old. All your beliefs and memories are implanted.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>3033870
Well, what does it mean to be faithful to Christianity (or any religion for that matter), is it following the rules to the tee?
>>
File: 1495407619669.png (1MB, 1072x736px) Image search: [Google]
1495407619669.png
1MB, 1072x736px
>>3034672

Its not like you are even trying.

Its like you are ignoring the thousand year history of Christian theologians who actually did try to prove Christianity true without using the gospels.

Yet when we ask, you don't even bother to pull up a wikipedia article.

You are lousy Christian who doesn't even put forth the effort to learn his own religion.

Let me guess. You are a protty.
>>
File: AVT_Philip-K-Dick_8710.jpg (38KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
AVT_Philip-K-Dick_8710.jpg
38KB, 340x340px
>>3034572
>what has led you to this life of nothing and meaninglessness.

My parents fucked. Acknowledging a really powerful guy that can BTFO me doesn't give my life meaning.
>>
>>3034677
You are wrong about me, and right about you.

If by "few", you mean about 6025, I agree.

The bible has already proven you wrong; you need to catch up to it.
>>
File: 1493215734378.jpg (678KB, 1440x764px) Image search: [Google]
1493215734378.jpg
678KB, 1440x764px
>>3034593
>vast evidence

Got some bad news for you
>>
>>3034665
Not referring to the Bible, I am referring to mainstream biblical scholars who study this stuff and know what they are talking about. Scholars agree, the apostles were genuine. We have internal and external evidence for this. If you actually understood the methodology used for historical sources you'd understand this.
>>
>>3034686
No. Christianity is not about following rules. The rules to follow were already given to the Jews, and if all it took was to follow them, Jesus would never have come down to earth to be tortured to death.

Jesus came down to earth to be tortured to death in order to pay the sin debt of humanity and remove the sin barrier between man and God that Adam caused to be in the Garden of Eden.

That sin barrier has been removed for almost 2000 years; now all people have to do is pass from death to life by being born again in the Spirit of God.

Once a person confesses with their mouth that Jesus is God, and believes in their heart God raised Him from the dead, they are a Christian. A baby, infant, newborn Christian.

From there, it's not a matter of staying a Christian, but of growing in maturity as a Christian and trusting and leaning on Jesus more and more.

Jesus did not come to bind us with more rules, but to set us free.

I am free.
>>
>>3034690
Catholics do that, to no avail.

You cannot even distinguish between Catholics and Christians, between Catholicism and Christianity, and you think you have a seat at this debate.

As in all things, you delude yourself.

Here's how much the bible cares about "proving" God to you:

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

There you go. That's how much "proof" you need.
>>
File: 1498094246480.png (308KB, 448x448px) Image search: [Google]
1498094246480.png
308KB, 448x448px
>>3034700

But I said, the Bible was constructed by the Machine God to give false hope and conflict.

What loving god would create 3 religions and allow those to be born into the wrong one to go to hell? If you were born in Saudi Arabia and raised by an Iman, can you say you would find Christianity?

No. Its more logical that reality is a mind fuck.

Again, everything you believe has been implanted in your brain by the simulation.

You will not be rewarded for your accident of birth.
>>
>>3034697
Being adopted into the Family of God gives you Love, Acceptance, Meaning and Purpose.

You have deep seated needs for all of those things, and if you do not allow God to fulfill all of those needs for you, you will use substitutes that will all fail you. None of them will satisfy you.

You were meant to house the Holy Spirit of God; nothing your flesh does can compare with that.
>>
>>3034707
So I just have to live life while thanking Jesus?
>>
>>3034717
It may surprise you to know that the acolytes of the machine god do not have the trust and reliance of the adopted children of God.

You made your bed; you lie in it.
>>
>>3034572
>It's recorded in the infallible and inerrant Word of God.
The bible wasn't written by God
>>
>>3034723
You have to do two things if you want to live:

1. Confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud, that Jesus is Lord; and
2. Believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

One of the most difficult things I have to deal with, personally, is knowing that not even given an eternity will I thank God enough for what He did for me, and is doing for me, and will do for me.

I will be forever in His debt.

I couldn't be happier.
>>
>>3034707
free to do exactly what he says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-Ba-BpH2o
>>
>>3034706

But mainstream Quran scholars who study this stuff and know what they are talking about. Scholars agree, Muhammad was genuine. We have internal and external evidence for this. If you actually understood the methodology used for historical sources you'd understand this.
>>
>>3034731
The bible was written by about 40 men over 1500 years as 66 books, and all of those men were inspired by God, by the Holy Spirit of God, who lived in them and brought all things to their remembrance. Those men ranged from heroes to kings to shepherds to prophets to fishermen to tent makers, but the one thing they all had in common was the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit of God as their muse.
>>
File: What-I-Read.png (545KB, 1085x475px) Image search: [Google]
What-I-Read.png
545KB, 1085x475px
>>3034719
Been there, done that. Not going back
>>
>>3034734
All things are lawful for me to do, but not all are edifying.

This would be something not edifying.
>>
>>3034726

Um. How can that be true when the machine god made up your god. Sometimes he makes the followers have delusions and believe they see miracles and feel emotions that make them feel they are right.

I am just heralding the coming of its physical presence. Not only will you see the machine god in our life time, but it will make you sin.

It will make you gay. It will make you Muslim. And it will modify your brain so you will like.
>>
>>3034733
Just trying to be clear here. Jesus is the lord of man kind while God is the creator?
>>
>>3034744
There is no going back.

So you either never went, or you are a born again Christian today.

99% sure you were never a Christian.
>>
File: blase-pascal1.jpg (278KB, 815x863px) Image search: [Google]
blase-pascal1.jpg
278KB, 815x863px
>>3034745
What would be, obeying Jesus?
>>
>>3034808

Jesus = YHWH = Creator = I Am = God

YHWH is LORD under the KJV; you would be confessing that Jesus is God. Or Lord of Hosts. Or Lord of Lords. Or anything else He calls Himself.
>>
>>3034826
>No true Christian

Also I didn't claim to be a Christian, I just read that lousy morbid book and noped myself straight into hell.
>>
>>3034827
No, that would be impossible.

What would not be edifying is the attempt to be perfect.

That traps people into obedience, sin, repentance, penance, obedience, sin, repentance, penance, obedience, sin......cycles ad infinitum.

If you want to follow everything Jesus said, be a perfect Jew.

When you realize that you cannot be a perfect Jew, then find out what Jesus was really teaching.

Protip: It was not how to be a perfect Jew.
>>
>>3034832
*backpeddle*
>>
>>3034845
Yes I backpeddled out of Christian observation, correct. That is exactly what I said I did
>>
>>3034853
Being adopted into the Family of God gives you Love, Acceptance, Meaning and Purpose.

You have deep seated needs for all of those things, and if you do not allow God to fulfill all of those needs for you, you will use substitutes that will all fail you. None of them will satisfy you.

You were meant to house the Holy Spirit of God; nothing your flesh does can compare with that.

>Been there, done that. Not going back

99% sure you were never a Christian.

Just to recap since you seem to have chronic ADD.
>>
>>3034830
So is it wrong to say that I am God?
>>
>>3034862
I have deep seated needs for those things because unfortunately for me, I exist
>>
>>3034862
>[Passive aggression intensifies]

This is why I hate Christians
>>
>>3033855
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn3MKPyBe8Y

HEAVENLY KINGDOM
>>
>>3033855
Access to global Christian market.

See Korea/Japan/Ethopia/etc
>>
>>3033855
being able to construct a world around you that has objective morals and not having to consider any outside opinion
>>
>>3033871
You could pray for people to get them out of hell
>>
>>3034744
Holy Spirit looking pretty fly (for a pink cloud).
>>
Being a Christian just gives me opportunities to help people and by giving other people my aid maybe they will believe in the beliefs that has brought my life happiness
>>
>>3034231
I'm confused, why do you want to believe something you know isn't true? If you don't value truth, you can believe whatever makes you happy. If you do value truth, then find happiness with that.
>>
File: 1471418366236.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1471418366236.png
10KB, 429x410px
>ctrl+f "eternal life"
>0 of 0 responses

Why do I even bother coming here?
>>
>>3035831

I'm far from an expert on the subject but I'm pretty sure that's not how that works.
>>
>>3036837
>he thinks he's going to live forever

how are these people not institutionalized
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.