[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roman Eras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0617.jpg (137KB, 843x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.jpg
137KB, 843x960px
/his/ could you give me a list of the most important wars on Roman History? I.e. Punic wars and beyond
>>
>>3033845

Crisis of the Third Century
>>
File: Vespasianus.png (2MB, 759x960px) Image search: [Google]
Vespasianus.png
2MB, 759x960px
The Year of the Four Emperors

Basically Rome was in danger of total civil war and death until this true Roman stepped in to right the state of affairs.
>>
>>3033972
Cool,
>>
Pyrrhic War.
TLDR Random greek dude gets bored and invades Italy with elephants before it was cool
>>
Pretty much every war after the Roman Civil War, or possibly the Roman-Seleucid War until the Huns arrive is just Rome swinging its dick around so it can cockslap some nation and get some plunder to keep
the economy going
>>
File: Battle of Edessa.png (197KB, 315x599px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Edessa.png
197KB, 315x599px
>>3036215
>Pretty much every war after the Roman Civil War, or possibly the Roman-Seleucid War until the Huns arrive is just Rome swinging its dick around
Yeah about that.
>>
>>3036221
Obviously you have things like Carrhae, teutoburg and pic related happening every once in a while, but did the Sassanids ever pose an actual threat to the existence of the empire? Did they ever get to Rome, Italy or even hit the romans outside of Asia?
>>
File: 1497893456902.jpg (567KB, 708x826px) Image search: [Google]
1497893456902.jpg
567KB, 708x826px
>>3033845
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.