[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop being Roman I'm the Roman now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Mehmed II.jpg (76KB, 489x649px) Image search: [Google]
Mehmed II.jpg
76KB, 489x649px
Stop being Roman
I'm the Roman now
>>
>>3033746
Ill give it to you, Turks didnt do so bad at being Roman.

Surely better than Russia did, but not as good at the Catholic Church did.
>>
>>3033746
to be fair though the turks were smart enough to let the conquered people not only rule over themselves but even share the rule over the whole empire. most grand viziers (= head of governement) were albanians, bosnians, greeks, etc... and so were most viziers (ministres) and pashas (governours).
>>
>>3033746
They unified the middleeast which as we know today would have been way better off id we just let them keep charge. but there was no way the western powers were gona let that oil into their hands and the exploitation of rebel groups inside the ottoman empire's borders by the british empire had already gone too far. By the 1850s you could foreshadow that Islam was becoming more and more diverse and the Ottoman's attempts to control uprisings was starting to weaken. Had the Ottman empire industrialized faster they might have been able to keep their own, but with their increasing threats from all sides and internally there was just no way.

really is a shame though, We probably wouldnt have problems with terrorist groups and uprisings in the middleeast if the Empire was allowed to remain in power and govern over the area instead of exploiting the waring states by funding weapons. and working with oil tycoons.

The Western powers really should have just implemented the Ottoman Empire into Western Society after WW1 when they were at their weakest.
>>
>>3033746
If this man lived on for a couple of more years history would be so different
>>
File: Suleiman the Magnificent.jpg (519KB, 1341x1597px) Image search: [Google]
Suleiman the Magnificent.jpg
519KB, 1341x1597px
>>3033746
Overrated desu, pic related is better.
>>
>>3033797
>really is a shame though, We probably wouldnt have problems with terrorist groups and uprisings in the middleeast if the Empire was allowed to remain in power and govern over the area instead of exploiting the waring states by funding weapons. and working with oil tycoons.
I'm guessing it's gonna quiet down once ISIS are gone. Sure, al-Qaeda will remain, since the principal difference between them is that al-Qaeda doesn't think the Caliphate could be created in the wake of the Iraq War and that ISIS were idiots doomed to failure, but what has the fanatics in a frenzy right now is the immediate prospects of a Caliphate. ISIS won't deliver, and then there'll be no reason to kill or die for the sake of it anymore. Let's just hope the fanatics don't just move their allegiances to al-Qaeda and keep at it to the same degree.
>>
File: Wojak.png (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.png
9KB, 645x773px
>>3033826
>tfw you will never live in a timeline when Mehmed II lived on and successfully execute his plan to invade Italy, eventually conquering Rome
>>
>>3033853
He is the most overrated of the good sultans mehmet was better.
>>
File: IMG_1955.png (133KB, 528x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1955.png
133KB, 528x321px
>>3033869
I get an overwhelming despair when I think about this
>>
>>3033869
Mehmed II was assassinated by the eternal Venetian
>>
>>3033746
>>3033853
Tell me about the Turks, why do they wear the onions?
>>
>>3034083
non-meme answer : it's the cloth that they will be wrapped around when they die, meaning even if you are the sultan of sultans, eventually you're gonna die
>>
File: darby.jpg (71KB, 498x467px) Image search: [Google]
darby.jpg
71KB, 498x467px
>>3033869
>>
>>3033746
>not christian
>not european
>not white
>attempted to invade Europe
>muslim
>"Roman"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.