[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

veganism and abortion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: AIDS.jpg (91KB, 474x1272px) Image search: [Google]
AIDS.jpg
91KB, 474x1272px
Is it impossible for a vegan, arguing for the inherent value of all life to also be pro-choice/pro-abortion?

I don't want to stereotype, but i've met several hardcore vegans on my campus who also were really outspokenly pro choice. For me that's kind of a contradiction and i pointed that out, but i didn't get any helpful response on how that contradiction might be resolved. Any ideas how to combine the two?

pic unrelated
>>
I'm sure they have no problem with killing tapeworms or other parasitic organisms either, it's pretty easy to justify abortion to yourself on those grounds
>>
>>3032403
Simple
By being a vegan humans won't grow properly, animals will eat living grasses, they have their sacred cow, and goose and duck and pig
>>
>>3032409
i see, so it's an argument on the grounds of "it hurts the mother/impairs her freedom". That does make sense...
>>
>>3032403

>Is it impossible for a vegan, arguing for the inherent value of all life to also be pro-choice/pro-abortion?

Arguably up until a certain point a fetus is part of your own body and thus under your own jurisdiction. You can be a vegan while consenting to have a cancerous growth removed, I should think.

I could even see an argument the the point up unto which it stops being part of your body is 'the point when it can live without my body.'.

Also, and more cogently, you can be pro-choice while considering abortion the wrong choice for you, personally. I know a number of pro-choice women who say they would never consider getting an abortion personally.

Much in the same way that someone can give up alcohol without wanting to legally enforce prohibition. Pro-choice as a movement is about enabling choice.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.