[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Bronze Age collapse was caused by climate change, how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 688040B6.jpg (148KB, 1132x596px) Image search: [Google]
688040B6.jpg
148KB, 1132x596px
If the Bronze Age collapse was caused by climate change, how did Chinese civilization survive when the civilizations around the eastern Mediterranean and the Levant and the Indus river valley were all destroyed?
>>
>>3031980
Aren't the climate guys claming a vulcano caused it? So yeah, may answer would be distance.
>>
>>3031980
why would Bronze Age collapse imply climate change?
I mean, the medieval Dark Ages happend without any change in climate
>>
>>3032070
What is the Maunder Minimum for 2000 alex
>>
>>3032077
happend way after the dark ages
>>
>>3032070
>It's anon talks out of his ass episode
Little ice age is literally the reason for dark ages, no other factor contributed as much to the declining population and famines. Also check out why 11th century is the most important period in medieval history and what happened AFTER little ice age ended.
>>
>>3032089
how is the little ice age in 15th century related to the fall of the roman empire?
>>
>>3031980
Only civilization to get completely destroyed were the Hittites. Myceneans got rekt so hard the successors forgot how to read and write. Levant got rekt but survived with some Philistine scum added and Egypt didn't give a fuck. And in Indus valley the only thing that changed was the colour of the elite.
>>
The Gobi desert and Himalayan mountains presented a bottleneck to Indo-European migration into China. Instead the Zhou adopted their chariot technology and used it to usurp the Shang.
>>
>bronze age civilizations collapsed
Except egypt, who did badly

Due to loss of access to tin, which in't available locally
"Sea peoples" raiders stifled trade
>>
>>3031980
It wasn't just climate change but also earthquakes, sea peoples and internal conflcits
>>
File: Illustrate Chinese Armor-10.jpg (878KB, 3072x4319px) Image search: [Google]
Illustrate Chinese Armor-10.jpg
878KB, 3072x4319px
>>3031980
Because the Shang Kingdom and its pet states weren't wholly connected to the Mediterranean trade routes that caused the domino-chain effect in that region in the first place.

In addition, while the Bronze Age Collapse in the ME happened, Shang had its greatest ruler: King Wu Ding.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.