[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Canada choose to have a queen from another country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: canada.png (19KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
canada.png
19KB, 1280x640px
Why did Canada choose to have a queen from another country?
>>
you dont choose destiny, destiny chooses you
>>
>>3031545
It doesn't make sense to me.
>>
File: Dominion Day parade July 1 1955.jpg (244KB, 1200x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Dominion Day parade July 1 1955.jpg
244KB, 1200x1174px
>>3031542

Because Britannia is our Dominion's heritage, Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God is not the 'ruler' of her realms she is the protector, guider and uniter of her realms. We didn't choose her, just as none of us chose our parents, but we were blessed with her and the whole house of Windsor.
>>
>>3031572
Destiny is mysterious that way.
>>
>>3031575
Beautiful words. But can't Canada guide itself?
>>
>>3031612
Should adult children forget their parents?
>>
>>3031615
It's weird to think of one single person as the parent of a whole country they don't even reside in. But you guys know better.
>>
>>3031542
In 1759 Britain conquered New France. In 1791 the Constitutional Act divided the area into Upper and Lower Canada, each with a British governor as the head of government and the British Monarch as head of state. The British North America Act of 1867 unified the British colonies of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, P.E.I., Upper and Lower Canada into a self- governing dominion with an elected Canadian Prime Minister as head of government and the British monarch remained head of state.
>>
Because in the lands of her royal majesty Queen Elizabeth II, by the grace of god, a pint of beer is defined as 20 imperial fluid ounces and not a teaspoon less.
>>
>>3031627
>you guys

Are you a racist or something?
>>
>>3031634
How is that racist? Is there a better way to say a plural "you"?
>>
File: okay.png (212KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
212KB, 300x450px
>>3031640
>>
>>3031612

To an extent? Yes, just like how I can get to the grocery store without my car, but I'm still going to use the car.
>>
>>3031627
In the USA, the President performs the ceremonial role of head of state and holds executive power. Queen Elizabeth II currently performs the ceremonial role of head of state for several former British colonies which became constitutional monarchies (not republics like the USA). The elected Prime Minister of Canada holds executive power, but the Queen, represented by the Governor-General, can dismiss the Prime Minister and call an election in certain circumstances (the PM tries to stay in power despite his/her party losing the election)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.