[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle of Vukovar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Vukovar-watertower-after-war.jpg (388KB, 854x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Vukovar-watertower-after-war.jpg
388KB, 854x1286px
Is this the modern-day Thermopylae?

>every time the Serbs took down the flag two Croats would go up to replace it and draw fire so others could gather supplies
>Serbs lost 250 armoured vehicles during the fight while all that Croats had was a plane used in agriculture
>the siege took three months and had more explosives dropped on it per square metre than in Stalingrad
>>
File: 9.mart-3.jpg (236KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
9.mart-3.jpg
236KB, 620x400px
>>3027096
No, it's just a shit mismanagement on the part of the Serbs. Morale was extremely low, the draft turnout was at 11%, the army didn't really know what it wanted to achieve, the government treated it more like Tiananmen than a battle. Milosevic thought that sending tanks would magically make them surrender, like he did when he Tiananmen'd protesters in Belgrade a few months earlier.
>>
>>3027378
/thread
>>
>>3027096
>>3027378
Also
>invading armies usually have less motivation than defending armies in most cases.
This was a time in Yugoslav wars when the forces standing against the 'mighty' YNA werent organized as armies or units and every town was defended by ex soldiers that lived there. So of course Serbs sucked major dong because the people there were ready to die for their families.
>>
>>3027378
Tankies when will they learn.
>>
>>3027096
Serbs suck at war and morale
>>
>>3028279
but muh REMOVE KEBAB GOD IS A SERB XD XD
>>
>>3027096
Crofag here
The war screwed us all over. There's no need for more beef between exyu peoples in these times of turmoil.
Jebiga ljudi bilo sta bilo moramo se udruzit protiv (((njih)))
>>
>>3028297
why don't you all just say "fuck it", reform yugoslavia and focus on developing the economy
>>
>>3028306
Its impossible to 'reform' already relatively stable independent countries each with allies with certain interests behind them. There is only a revolution through war, and after a war there is always a victor and a loser, and relations are dominance and submission, not equality. Also fuck you, Tito was a fucking crook
>>
>>3028297
I think it's all ogre for us, whatever we do. Brain drain, and people not fucking enough to replace the aging population.
Also being torn apart by competing world powers. I'm honestly thinking about moving to America and changing my last name.
>>
>>3028306
People don't want it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.