[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maha-Bharata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1498527800632.png (411KB, 2000x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1498527800632.png
411KB, 2000x1494px
The great land of Hindu civilization.

Best place in history?
>>
>>3026685
THE.MAP.NEEDS.TO.INCLUDE.MADAGASCAR
>>
>>3026698
There are hindus in madagascar? If anyone knows about this I'm interested.
>>
>>3026719
They are ethnic Malay but I'm 90% sure they went to Africa before Hinduism syncrenized with animistic beliefs
>>
>>3026719
>>3026759
No not Malay.

Malagasy is in a way a socio-cultural term that encompasses many ethnic groups with shared language. Malagasy derive from already mixed traders and slavers who've been in and around east Africa and trading across the Indian Ocean for over a thousand five hundred years.

There are many words of Malagasy that derive from Sanskrit, some like queen Rava/Rana others like dog implying both prestige and everyday contact and exchange with Indians before and Africa settlement onto the island of Madagascar.

The use of Lingam is a Hallmark of Shivaism, in Malagasy folk belief it transformed into Vatolahy or "male stones". The sacredness of cattle as attributed to the Vazimba left uneaten is another hallmark of Vedic traditions. There is also similar uses of sandalwood and sacred plants that show clear derivation.

So while Madagascar is in some ways African (tromba in Sakalava) there are also clear transmission of Vedic and Southeast Asian Animist traditions as well.
>>
It's shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (489KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489KB, 1200x848px
>>3026685
Needed to be converted ages ago.
>>
>>3026685
All nows muzzies & shit.
>>
>>3026685
cook my roti prata now
>>
>>3026685
>Vietnam
>Hindu
???
>>
>>3027147
Judeo-Chistianity is cancer.
>>
>>3028851
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism_in_Southeast_Asia#Vietnam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chams
>>
>>3029603
Chams are all muslims now, at least 90%. I don't know where do Wikipedia got those hindus from. I'm Vietnamese.
>>
>>3030863
We're talking about history here
>>
>>3030863
Thai here, thank god we turned Buddhist
>>
poo people
>>
It was more of a Hindu-Buddhist civilization, both India and Southeast Asia being a mix of both. Then around the 13th century India got rid of Buddhism and Indochina went full Therevada along with Sri Lanka, while Indonesia remained a mix until Islam took over. So after the 13th century I think Indochina (plus Sri Lanka, and excluding Vietnam/Champa) and India should be seen as seperate civilizations with a common heritage, similar to the way the classical world was split into the West, the Orthodox world and Islam. The post 13th century Theravada world had a shared intellectual and religious climate which really grew apart from Hindu India. Of course they were still in close contact with India, just as they were with East Asia, Islam and later the West, but there was no longer a shared cultural world between the two asidee from what they inherited from previous centuries.

I don't know why I felt the need to write all that.

>>3026698
Madagascar was never a part of a wider Indian civilization.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 300x404px
tell me more about the Toiletless Realms, why do they wear the dots?
>>
>>3028857
>poo in the loo civilization > judeo-christian civilization
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.