[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did sisyphus LET the boulder roll back down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

did sisyphus LET the boulder roll back down?
>>
>>3026659
why didn't Sisyphus just stop rolling the boulder?
>>
>>3026666
why not keep rolling it? It didn't matter in the end so why not get some gainz while your at it?
>>
>>3026666

well the idea behind it was that it was a metaphor for life, that we keep doing things expecting change when they tend to slide right back into place, and all we can do is keep pushing it hoping for change that will never truly come, and hope that when we die, it slides back just a little less than last time.

the question im trying to ask is whether or not the mistakes in pushing the boulder were the same ones we make. there are ways out of most problems but we keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

did sisyphus push too fast?
>>
My Edith Hamilton Mythology book never explains him. It just mentions him briefly in the back. Something about an eagle. What did he do?
Same with Axele or whatever his name is, the one on the wheel forever turning.
>>
>>3027321
He was a Greek king that was so deceitful that the first time he was taken down to Hades he managed to trick death into freeing him and then chained death up. He managed to bamboozle the gods multiple times before the dumped him into Tartarus. He was forced to constantly have to roll a heavy boulder up a cliff, whereupon it reached the top it would fall down to the bottom and have to be pushed back up again.

Prometheus is the one with the eagle eating liver punishment. That's a whole different kettle of fish.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.