[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You wake up and its 1717

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 33

File: 1700.jpg (1017KB, 1402x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1700.jpg
1017KB, 1402x2100px
So you wake where you went to sleep up and suddenly it is 1717.
You got plain but good period clothing of the region, some silver coins, a bag with 100 Spanish gold Doubloons a flint lighter and a small knife.

How do you fare? Will you snuff it in the wilderness? Will you have a pleasant life? Or maybe you got enough knowledge to change the world for the better?

>burgers outside the original 13 colonies get long rifle, a horn of powder, enough lead to match the powder, bullet mold/plier and a trade axe
>also a horse if doubles

>anzacs get a pistol, powder, lead &mold a big knoife and a compass
>dingy or horse if doubles
>>
>central North Carolina
I guess go to Salem, it shouldn't be more than a days ride this time of year. Maybe get my bearings and stake out some land in the Appalachians, settle down, and become just another illegal settler.
>>
>>3026632
fuck

t. Was at Chestnut Mtn in Galena yesterday
>>
>>3026641
>no dubs
guess it will be a long walk then
>>
imediatelly start writing down the theory of relativity, evolution, electromagnetism and others. pretty much singlehandedly advance humanity by at least a century, becoming its leader in the process.

if i didnt know any of these things or didnt possess any knowledge of the future i would try to find a job herding goats, since i have some experience on that.
>>
>>3026632
>Washington State
Spend my entire life prepping the natives to resist Manifest Destiny.
>>
>Shenandoah Valley, Virginia

Continue walking until I see someone.

Ideally if they're Indian, they decide that they should help this lost paleface to the nearest white man settlement.

Even more ideally, it's not an Indian and I don't end up buried up to my face next to an anthill.
>>
>>3026632
>So you wake where you went to sleep up and suddenly it is 1717.
My house was built in the 1700s.
I'm unsure about the timing, but chances are I'm gonna wake up sharing a bed with my many great-gramps (who'll probably try to stab me). Or if I'm very lucky, a pretty grand-aunt (who'll screech bloody murder and get me stabbed).
In any case, I'm gonna get rekt.
>>
>>3026704
Irish?
>>
i'd have to walk thousands of kilometres to get to the nearest trade outpost so I'm just gonna hunt me some injuns til I get got
>>
>>3026632
I would just live the same life in the same big city that I do. Maybe get into trade or buy land out west or something.
>>
>>3026700
Cool.

I fall off of my horse, get one foot stuck in a stirrup, and get dragged along for fifty miles to the nearest town.

My mangled, corpulent body is a source of confusion and mystery for generations to come.
>>
>>3026718
Italian.
>>
>New York City

Walk to settlement. Buy lodging somewhere. Claim to be a physician and open a practice. My general knowledge of stuff like germ theory would theoretically make me the best physician in the world, despite having no actual medical training. Write treatises on as many scientific concepts as I can remember, mail them to the royal society. Hope none of this gets me killed.
>>
>>3026726
>no dubs
>no horse
>>
>>3026632
>gold country
I'd just be the first person to pan for gold in California and become dumbass rich probably. or get killed by drunk Mexicans, either outcome is likely
>>
Make my way to Botany Bay. If I last long enough maybe I become a passing interest to the Brits.
>>
>>3026736
>My general knowledge of stuff like germ theory would theoretically make me the best physician in the world, despite having no actual medical training.
Yes, knowing what germs are certainly is gonna help you cure people who you can't diagnose of illnesses you don't know the treatment for.
Yea, that's gonna go down well.
>>
>>3026663
>imediatelly start writing down the theory of relativity, evolution, electromagnetism and others. pretty much singlehandedly advance humanity by at least a century, becoming its leader in the process.
lol yeah right. no one would believe you.
>>
>>3026632
>Wake up in the Las Vegas Valley in 1717.
>In July.
Well, I'm dead. I'll try my best to live off jack rabbits and tortoises until I make it to the mountains. From there, try to find some Paiutes, use my half-assed Spanish to communicate with them (if they know any white man tongue in this region at this time, it's Spanish). I'll do my best to live with them, do as I'm told, adopt their ways, and be as grateful and appreciative as possible. Ballpark estimate, I give my plan an 8% chance of success, but it's my best bet.
>>
>>3026663
>ur smurt, you can be our leader
said no one ever
>>
>>3026736
>My general knowledge of stuff like germ theory would theoretically make me the best physician in the world
>lol just wash that broken leg with soap and water lmao
>>
File: 00.png (66KB, 296x285px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
66KB, 296x285px
I live on reclaimed wetlands, so I'd wake up several meters under muddy water and drown.
>>
>>3026857
this
and assuming I didn't, I'd get scalped by native mercenaries worknig for the French
>>
>>3026663
How naive, the right thing is to do magic tricks like turning water into wine so people think you're Jesus. And while you're at it, teach people some modern medical knowledge. Congradulations, you are now a God.
>>
>georgia
>start panning for gold in Dahlonega
>buy slaves
>mine gold
>design minie ball, percussion cap, breech loading, brass cartridge, etc
>>
>>3026632
>Richmond, VA
City hadn't been built yet, so the closest major settlement would be Petersburg. Assuming I could make it there, I'd then go east to Norfolk and hitch a ride somewhere farther north, because staying in the South during the middle of the summer and without air conditioning would be living hell.
>>
>>3026632
>Oklahoma
I'd be fucked but I'm only a few miles from the Verdigris river, which is a tributary of the Arkansas so I guess I'd make my way to the Mississippi and New Orleans.
>>
>it's going to be another 63 yeara before even Fort Nashborough is established

Try my god damn hardest to make it to Virginia, Georgia, or New England in general, but probably die before even making it to east Tenneessee.

Hopefully some Indian chief takes me hostage.
>>
>>3026632
I love how this type of thread brings out into the open all the morons
>I KNOW GERM THEORY THAT MEANS I CAN BE A DOCTOR
>I KNOW ELECTROMAGNETISM SURELY EVERYONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE ME
>>
Fall to my death.
Or wake up on a tall pine.
>>
Wake up in sand dunes, walk to the center of town that is very close. But some property as soon as I can, but Will probably get un trouble for not showing enough chatolic fervor or disrespecting some one get my coins confiscated and suffer under the inquisición called a devil worshiper for my strange use of the language.
>>
Well I'll spend a week hysterically hiding from the local Maori before they catch me and eat me. No real other viable option desu
>>
>>3026632
>south padre island Texas
Matamoros, a Spanish colony, is a short hike away. So I guess I become a conquistador?
>>
File: Edward Gibbon.jpg (427KB, 996x1248px) Image search: [Google]
Edward Gibbon.jpg
427KB, 996x1248px
>>3026632
walk to Providence

Buy a print-shop, start a publishing company which primarily focuses on newspapers. Write and publish my own novels using modern narrative techniques, telling stories which would probably be way ahead of their time, but at least it would cement my place in history when future generations reread them. I mean fuck, even just writing a novel about life in the year 2017 would be enough to totally blow their minds, and nobody had ever really even conceive of writing fictional stories about the future in 1700. I mean fuck, I could probably get away with rehashing "Star Wars" using 1700's sensibilities.

start a family, live as normal a life as I can for being a man totally out of his comfort zone and familiar culture. Bet my children's future on the British winning the French and Indian War and America winning the revolution.
>>
In Alaska. Rip.
At least I have the rest of the summer to try and go south
>>
File: pay your damn taxes.jpg (127KB, 625x833px) Image search: [Google]
pay your damn taxes.jpg
127KB, 625x833px
>>3026632

Actually. I live on the East Coast of the US so I'd buy some gear and go join a trading company or setup a small farm with slaves.

In my leisure time I would write essays on how freedom or religion only should include Christians as I would predict that Muslims would use it in 400 years time to take over Europe and destroy Christianity.
>>
File: feels-good-man.png (361KB, 620x683px) Image search: [Google]
feels-good-man.png
361KB, 620x683px
>>3026632
>Dresden in 1717
Use my modern day knowledge and pretend I'm some sort of incognito nobleman à la Comte de St. Germain, then I'm gonna party with August the Strong. After all I speak sufficient French for courtly adventures and am richly equipped with money.
>>
>>3026632
Become the wealthiest person in Carlsbad, turning the city into my own during few years due to extensive knowledge of local springs and their locations, use my knowledge of local coal mines (ignored at the time). Start a huge family to whom I would give time capsules with instructions on the region and how to use it at said time (for most recent times, they would get the knowledge of lithium deposits). During this time, unless politically destroyed, my family could become beyond-Rotschild infuential and rich (they would have some minor knowledge on most important historical event that would happen, giving them insane boost).
Love central Europe.
>>
South Eastern PA
Walk into town a few miles away. And just live simple life farming.
Maybe head down to philly and try to get an apprenticeship and make some money. Try and befriend young Benjamin franklin and dick around then go fuck French chicks.
Pray I don't get yellow fever or anything worse than a common cold.
>>
>>3027068
It really shows how little the average /his/ poster really knows and just how much salt you should take with any answer here
>>
Every dumb fuck in this thread who thinks they're going to end up the richest or smartest in town needs to pull their head out of their arse. You'd be lucky to last a week before becoming the town butt boy and dying from 13 different diseases.
>>
>>3026736
>Be a Chink
>Live in New York
>Go to the wharf and sign up for an expedition to the Orient
>>
>>3026632
>Sydney,Australia.

Yeah I'd be fucked. I'd have to wait another 71 years for civilization to arrive. I'd probably get killed and eaten by Abos in less than a week.
>>
>>3027332
scratch that, only 53 years. I could wait for Captain Cook.
>>
>>3026632
Hightail it to Vienna, get a phd, become a professor, start a newspaper.
>>
>>3026632
Will fully fantasize about this when not drunk but hooly shit. I'm a science historian (normally we just say scientist) and out in injun territory.
>>
>be CHI in Los Angeles
I could either join the Chumash or get mistreated by the Spanish missionaries due to being a mestizo.
>>
But how 'valuable' in the contemporary market of, lets say, New England/West Indies circa 1717, would 100 Spanish gold doubloons be worth?
>>
>>3026632
> Be in a Holy Roman Imperial Free City
> Fucking rich to boot
> Have no idea what would be a good business opportunity in this day and age
> Regret not reading up on this particular time period
> Remember it's pretty far off from both the 30yw and the French revolution, so it's probably economically stable
> Remember that I have a shitton of scientific knowledge exceeding that of most people of this age

At this point, all bets are off. I might try to invest in local businesses, use my money to hire craftsmen to build advanced machines, or maybe just keep my head down, try to find a job and live off my Spanish gold.
>>
>be english
>wake up
>walk to nearest town that is 2 miles away
>it's already been there for a thousand years
>go to my favourite pub from the modern day
>have drink
>invent the separate condensor 60 years early
>get rich
>get married
>have kids
>back in the modern day my face is on the £50 note
>>
>>3027075
>aspergers syndrome diagnosed
>>
>>3026632
>You wake up and its 1717
Damn! I should escape Europe full of slavery and go to somewhere with out shitty slavery, an Africa, an America, a forgotten tropical island, etc..
>>
>>3027534
Exactly 400 Spanish Dollars, or 3200 Reales or 677g of Gold.
>4-5 years yearly wages for a common worker.
>>
>>3026632
Inland South Carolina.

Technically in the original 13. I probably have to walk to Charles Town. Hopefully the subsistence farmers I meet along the way don't murder me.

DESU I'd probably try to found not!mormonism and die horribly. Do I still get a horse if I'm in the original 13? SC was a shithole. Still is.
>>
>>3027773
>no dubs
>no horse
now walk it off!
>>
>>3027780
A-at least I'm white...
>>
>>3027306
Why, I got tons of gold, I know that water powered simple textile engines are worth a fortune and I'd know how to build a simple cotton gin or spinning mule.
>>
>>3027800
Plus you got lots of moniez and Jack Ketch keeps the road save and people civilized.
>>
>wake up, probably in a field
>find a new place to stay since my dorm probably hasn't been build yet
>go to university after that, like usual
>at night, have sweet rapier fights with other students, drink and fuck like crazy and just have a good time
>>
>>3026632
>Spanish gold
But Great Britain is becoming the leading power as quickly as it just appeared
Also tutour to someone and lectures at the royal society because Britain is the most enlightened country, then make sure catholic legislation gets through
>>
>>3026632
>wake up in 1717
>contract tubercolosis, smallpox, bubonic plague, or parasites
>die
>>
>>3027853
Why do people actually believe this?
>>
>>3027838
>Spanish gold
Spanish gold and silver was the most common currency at the time, and will stay so for a long time. One of the preps if you hold the worlds best gold and silver mines.
>>
>>3027559
>invent the separate condensor 60 years early
Ok lets see, the Newcomen machine is brand new, you will have patent issues with good Thomas himself, plus you only got a 100 Doubloons of capital, thats 80 guineas, which is about a 1/3 of what a single engine costs.
>>
I'm black so I'm pretty much fucked.
Wouldn't be surpised if some injuns butchered me for some weird ritual.
If I somehow manage to survive and make it to white civilization it's a toss up between becoming a slave or some curiosity as a literate nigger who knows math.
>>
>>3027973
i only have to build a model scale to get some investment, newcomen was working under the savery patent and whilst it was difficult to get a new patent their is enough difference between a seperate condensor and saverys basic steam pump to warrant the issuing of the patent, i could also steal some of watt's other shit like the fly wheel, the fly ball governor and the sun and planet gears so i can take steam power out of the realms of just being used in mines for pumping and into the manufacturing industry.
>>
>consider suicide because I missed Louis XIV and it is too soon to listen to Rameau
>Will kill John Law and go to a Vivaldi opera before offing myself though
>>
>Wake up
>Still invaded by Scottish protestants
>Same thing we do every night Pinky

Time to slit some throats.
>>
>canberra, Australia
Well its pretty fucking cold, so assuming I survive the night I'll bail to the coast, enjoying delicious kangaroo on the way. Once i get tothe NSW coast I'm gonna build a cosy cottage on the beach and farm Roos, fish for snapper all day err day. If I get bored might try and leg it north for some of that sweet 18th century Chinese poon.
>>
>>3026863
Thing is, i dont really have good medical knowledge.I'd probably manage to "discover" penicilin but not much more
>>
>>3026632
>Little farmer's town in North-Brabant, Netherlands.
Well first of all I'd fall a small distance to the ground since I sleep on the second floor on a house built in the last century.

Then I suppose I'll just use the gold to get myself to Amsterdam and see if I can get into the trading business. Seeing as I have an ancestor who was a captain in the VOC I suppose I'll flaunt my name around a bit.

Also do what >>3027260 this guy does on the side. Probably also go Da Vinci and ''invent'' all kinds of futuristic technology like the Steam Engine that I'll never be able to actually build but people are going to think I was so damn smart in the future.
>>
File: likewhatyousee?.jpg (109KB, 900x1127px) Image search: [Google]
likewhatyousee?.jpg
109KB, 900x1127px
>>3027976
Just so you know, by that time, there was whole families of literate niggers who knew math. They had plantations and farms and owned their own slaves. Not many, but you wouldn't be the only one.
You got gold and skillz, and since you're a nigger it is not racist to own some slaves. They'll have it better with you than with whitey.
>>
>>3026632
>Southern California
I'm befriending some natives, gathering more provisions, and heading up North to get in on some of that sweet gold a century early. Then we're going east to stick it to the white devil, if we don't die first that is. Adventure awaits...
>>
File: jackpot.jpg (145KB, 792x1058px) Image search: [Google]
jackpot.jpg
145KB, 792x1058px
>private owned banks founded before 1717 and still in continuous operation
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, Italy
Berenberg Bank, Germany
C. Hoare & Co, England
Metzler Bank, Germany
Barclays, England
Coutts, England
Caja Madrid, Spain
Drummonds Bank, United Kingdom

pic related will make you rich.
>>
>>3027980
Wouldn't you at least try to live it off in the high baroque? The sexual encounters and resulting std's should be well worth it. Also, off yourself is a mortal sin. Why don't you instead fight some duels?
>>
Wake up in a small border town between Poland and Hungary, modern day northern Slovakia. Know both Slovak and Hungarian, so should be able to communicate, even if they consider me a weirdo because of how the languages differed back then. Depends on how much the 100 Spanish Doubloons are worth buy some small cottage with a bit of land and some animals and crops in of the nearby poorer villages and live my life out as a small landowner peasant. Could be fun, meanwhile I'd also write some books that could gain me some posthumous fame later on.

Considering I wouldn't really change that much in the world, history would play out pretty much the same way as in our timeline, so maybe I would be considered some sort of a genius prophet and scientiffic philosophical mastermind for my theories about atoms, the universe, germs, cells, evolution, correctly predicting the future etc etc.
>>
>woman
>southern Spain

Try to write down predictions for the outcome of every major war and event, accurate descriptions of the future that would be deemed ridiculous or witchcraft at best, try not to be burnt at the stake, marry some rich eccentric and hope not to die at childbirth.
If I managed to avoid death for a while maybe I'd try working as a physician (I'm in med school). Then again, witchcraft.
>>
>>3026632
Tampa, Florida

Are there natives here that will attack me?
>>
>Rome
Biggest problem would be the language really. Still the doubloons should be quite enough to buy an inn or a brothel near San Pietro and mooch off the pilgrims for the rest of my life. Also i'd try to found some secret society because fuck the papal state, i want to live in Italy
>>
>>3026632
>Hawaii

Fall about 20 feet and hope the abundant trees will catch my landing. I'm pretty close to shore, which is immediately where I would begin heading, as the rainforest will scare me come nightfall.

I'm wearing a type of tree-bark loincloth (not being stereotypical, that's actually what male Hawaiian's wore), and of course I have my long rifle, powder, lead, and tools, unless I was supposed to get the "anzac" loadout, but I have no fuggin clue what anzac means. I'm young Korean, not DYEL (1/2/2/2), 5'10", and, being realistic, kind of cute, so I think the locals would treat me as some sort of novelty pet or something, in which case, I'd just have to try and be as helpful and charming as possible. Also, I'd present the gun as a present to the Ali'i, just to gain his trust, inventing the bow too, and teach them how to not make them shit (I watched a lot of bowyer videos on youtube, so I feel like I could make one with lots of trial and error), which should revolutionize warfare, unless the theory holds true that they simply never used bows for honorary reasons (which I think sounds preposterous).

I'm a little fearful that I'll be sent to a time period filled with war and turmoil, as pre-contact Hawaiians don't have a written record of who ruled where in what year, so I'll just have to chance it and take a stab in the dark. I also have really bad eyes, which requires glasses, so I'm going to be very, VERY annoyed if I don't get to start off with them, but I'm praying that I'll be able to adjust after a few years.

Pros
>Do lots of HEMA and lifting and shiet, so I'm big-guy-for-them mode
>Starting materials very useful for gaining respect/trust
>QT Hawaiian loli girls, with no petty 21st century morals to get in the way of my wholesome ephebophili-etish
>Could make a decent-quality 40lb bow with some trial and error before getting really good at churning them out
>Revolutionize use of shields

Cons
>Treated like pet
>Bad eyes
>No Wy Pipo until 1778
>>
>>3026632
>north-east texas

i'll probably try to make it east, maybe to Louisiana, then try to get to the Colonies.
>>
File: ride.jpg (421KB, 1616x1182px) Image search: [Google]
ride.jpg
421KB, 1616x1182px
>>3028144
>horse aquired
>>
File: athisbest.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
athisbest.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
As a fierce abolitionist, I start the underground railroad as early as possible and try to push women's education, Quaker philosophy, and make sure the white race understands their true place in society, as Americans, a people beyond race who need to usher in the Golden Age of Gene Roddenberry as quickly as possible so I can masturbate to Chuck Heston taking out the hooded and infected Luddites of that great dystopian movie from the sixties. The faster this happens the faster the world becomes a better place and we start to worry about bigger and badder things. The point isn't just to survive, it is to go an remind Ben Franklin to keep studying, and to make sure Adam's father beats the fear out of him. This would be a great place to roleplay, thanks OP, could use some more snakes.
>>
>tfw spic
I might be able to pass as a native and assimilate in to nearby settlements in Georgia
>>
>>3026632
>Western Massachusetts

>walk to boston
>sign up for a shipping vessel
>sail around for a few years, gain experience being a sailor
>after a decade buy my own ship and sail the high seas
>become a privateer whenever war breaks out
>spend my life sailing and exploring the world, both cargo and passengers
>retire from sailing in my early to mid 40s and settle in Manhattan
>work an administrative position for a few years
>start a family with a rich bourgeois qt
>retire fully and purchase an estate on the cape cod coast
>hopefully live long enough to see the revolution pop off
>>
File: hahalarge.jpg (55KB, 680x906px) Image search: [Google]
hahalarge.jpg
55KB, 680x906px
>>3028165
>frees slaves
>is hanged for property theft
>>
>St. Louis
Fuck. I guess I'd head east till I find somebody, or more likely just die.
>>
File: hors.jpg (1MB, 2000x1647px) Image search: [Google]
hors.jpg
1MB, 2000x1647px
>>3028199
at least you don't have to walk.
>>
File: 1491173136920.jpg (27KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1491173136920.jpg
27KB, 1024x576px
>>3026632
>northern Illinois
>>
>>3028199
Not so bad, Haute-Louisiane is settled by white people at the time, and you got a horse and a gun.
>>
File: 7071-004-9CA943E5.jpg (50KB, 630x318px) Image search: [Google]
7071-004-9CA943E5.jpg
50KB, 630x318px
>>3028227
>>3028199
so hows your french?
>>
>>3028199
>>3028144
GIVE ME YOUR HORSES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3028241
no u
>>
>>3027865
Because smallpox killed off most of the native population in the new world because they hadn't been exposed to it. News flash genius, neither have modern people since it's extinct expect for labs.
>>
>>3028087
I'm pretty sure they're decently peaceful. On the otherhand I'm in pasco which did have paticularly aggressive Indians and was so hard to develop the first settler didn't get here until the very late 1800's. We could always meet up in the bay and try to make a boat to sail across the gulf into new Orleans is our best bet.
>>
>>3028294
Yes, but if you are anything but native american or pacific islander, you have inherited a fully trained immune system from your ancestors.
Also, smallpox vaccine is extremely simple to make, even for non med guys and with 18th century tools.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Northern_War

Shit.
>>
File: 1390.jpg (17KB, 576x267px) Image search: [Google]
1390.jpg
17KB, 576x267px
>>3028140
no problems with the glasses, you'll just look like a dork
>>
>>3028328
I think part of your 100 gold pieces are well spent on a one way ticket to London.
>>
>>3028336
Sweden was at war with Britain at the time. Shit.
>>
>>3028084
team up with this guy >>3028126 he seems to have a good attitude.
>>
>>3028359
Amsterdam then or Paris.
>>
>1717 in Montreal

Guess I'll be another Coureur-des-bois to trade fur.
>>
>>3026632
>tfw I'm gonna end up being scalped before I ever manage to find a cnother white dude
>>
File: sceptic.jpg (19KB, 361x450px) Image search: [Google]
sceptic.jpg
19KB, 361x450px
>>3028405
>>
Southern New Jersey. I know a lot about local history so I'll just walk to the nearest house that was around at this time. I basically have the choice of being an bog iron worker or a fisherman. I'd probably choose fisherman or leave. Maybe buy a boat or plot of land if I have the money. It would be interesting to see my name be one of the staple historical names left in the region.
>>
>>3028457
>Maybe buy a boat or plot of land if I have the money. It
This, with the 100 doubloons you should be able to buy acreage.
>>
>Filipino in Tokyo

How fucked am I /his/
>>
>>3028140
ANZAC was the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps in the British Empire during WW1. Famous for dying in boatloads at Gallipoli, although they were involved in many other actions on both the Middle Eastern and Western fronts. These days tho "anzac" is just shorthand for Kiwis and Aussies.
>>
My name is literally Ben Franklin and I live in America.

I think I'll do just fine.
>>
>>3028140
does Hawaii have good native woods for biws? I mean they must be descent, seeing as how they made boats and tools from them, but that could be a factor too.
>>
>>3028498
speak the lingo flip?
>>
File: eyegasms_3.jpg (144KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
eyegasms_3.jpg
144KB, 640x423px
>>3028040
>Also do what >>3027260 (You) this guy does on the side.
I honestly doubt that I could do much in terms of scientific advancement, aside from a few low hanging pieces of fruit like pasteurization and washing your hands, but I think the best way to survive would be to sell stories like these:

>"Metallurgical techniques will reach such fine levels of precision that muskets will be breech loading, and rather than loading shot, powder, and blasting cap separately they'll come as a self-contained cartridge, initially loaded by hand, but eventually fed by a spring-loaded box magazine, allowing for weapons of such lethality as to completely change the face of warfare, and necessitate soldiers whose uniforms match the foliage around them just to avoid firepower which is orders of magnitude more accurate and faster firing."

>"In the first century AD a man named Hiero of Alexandria invented a device where burning hydrocarbons produced enough steam to spin a child's toy. In the future, a combination of advanced metallurgy and the discovery of vast deposits of hydrocarbons fuels the development of "land-ships" which use Hiero's principle to spin the wheels of a carriage without any assistance from wind or horse."

>"In the future, mankind will harness the same force which creates lightning bolts, trapping them in small glass containers and using them to light their houses far more safely and conveniently than by open flame. It will allow for humans in far flung places to communicate with each other, first over a wire, and then seemingly without any means at all, thanks to invisible forces"

>"Imagine a flea, a creature so small as to be barely noticeable to human perception. Now imagine the flea of a flea, a creature too small to be seen by humans. Could such tiny creatures be living all around us, unnoticed? And could some of these creatures be hazardous to humans the way a barbarian horde is to a civilized, orderly nation?"

It'd make Nostradamus look like a chump
>>
>>3028140
>lolis
>ephebophilia
Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.

Those are fertile youthful females, those ain't lolis Bruder.
pic related is a loli
>>
>>3028556
Barely

Guess I either pay my way to nagasaki or become some aristocrat's pet gaijin
>>
>>3028614
CUTE!
>>
>>3026632
>smack dab in the middle of Karankawa land
I'm boned
>>
>>3028614
>>3028626
Sorry guys, 80lbs minimum weight, everything below is pedo!
>>
>>3028630
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francois_Simars_de_Bellisle
that you?
>>
>>3028615
the 100 gold coins make you wealthy. you could buy a shop and get into import export.
>>
I wake up in a town south of Paris where the two rich princes of Condé started building a castle.

Chances are most around me have never seen a mixed white/SEAsian so i'll pretend i come back from an expedition to the west indies in order to sail to the french territories in the new world.

You can only be an explorer if you go back in time, so that'd do it for me, even though i'd use any opportunity given to me to beat Nostradamus
>>
>>3026632
>Indianapolis
I guess I'll head to the Wabash and look for some outposts. If I don't find any, I'll just follow the Ohio until I do.
Then I'll take to writing, and try to invent what I can remember. Maybe become a politician. in the early US.
>>
>A genteel-dressed chinaman in Brooklyn in the English crown colony of 1717

Wew lads someone come up with a cover story for me before I get tarred and feathered for eating the viceroy's dog or walking past the shadow of a white woman.
>>
>>3029222
If you spun a story about being connected with an East India Co activity you'd honestly probably have no problem. NY from it's days as New Amsterdam had Dutch and English traders and their contacts from all over the world passing through. There wouldn't be very many Asian people but it wouldn't be unheard of.
>>
>From Iceland

Build a house from animal shit, stones and grass.
???
Profit.
>>
File: 1490719917350.jpg (340KB, 640x934px) Image search: [Google]
1490719917350.jpg
340KB, 640x934px
>>3026632
I'm in California so the first thing I do is try to link up with local natives. Btw I'm a native mutt irl so if I'm still one in this universe I hopefully won't get rekt for no reason. In any case I explain writing, number theory, the basics of electrical engineering and chemistry to the tribe. Try to convince them that guns are cool and industrial production is rad. From there if that works we need a large workforce really quickly, so probably teach them how gunpowder works and see if it's possible to find any of the necessary materials in the immediate area. Attack all the neighboring tribes. Kill their leaders. Make them think that we're going to slaughter them all. Then at the last moment I myself would run in stop the execution as though I hadn't heard it was happening until just a few moments ago. Offer the captives lifetime protection and membership in our tribe in exchange for 5 years of 9-5 manual labor. Actually follow through on my promises so they feel lucky to be alive. Take the more restless ones and turn them into front line conscripts. Try to accumulate as much gold as possible. Constanly send out groups of envoys with letters written in French and English saying that I want to establish an audience with the 13 colonies. When that finally works tell them I'll give them gold in exchange for slaves and we can split the continent in half at the missippi. Give any slaves we acquire the same deal as the conquered tribes. Invent electricity, boolean logic, transistors, rifles, computers, and the theory of germs and sanitation. Try to develop to modern levels of technological sophistication before I die. It'd be an uphill battle because I don't know anything about chemical fertilizer or medicine, so my natives will still get absolutely rekt by disease and famine. I'll need to work to replace them with blacks and whites as quockly as possible. But it sounds like it'd be fun.
>>
Well Vancouver hadn't even been explored by Europeans yet, so I suppose I get butchered by a bunch of startled natives
>>
I'm posting from south America soo
VIVA ESPAÑA Y EL REY
>>
>>3029336
You die. Fast.
>>
>>3029606
Meh oh well. At least I died trying to do something fun.
>>
>Northern England
>My town doesn't exist yet
>Walk to nearest vilalage
>Get drunk
>Just like now
>Try and buy a ride to Oxford/Cambridge/Edinburgh/Glasgow
>Write Adam Smiths' Wealth of Nations 60 years before it was actually written
>Advance economics at least up to the level of the 1930s/Keynes
>Invent pasteurisation/germ theory/evolution and so on
>Open a mill
>Get rich as fuck using modern economic/finance knowledge
>>
>>3026632
Next time we have one of these threads, add a compass, an automatically landing on the ground, natural immunity to diseases, a bag, a blanket, and a book that tells you the a few basic words in the nearby languages.
A lot of the "I fall and die" posts and "Disease kills me" posts would be eliminated that way.
Also, I feel the other additions are only fair.
>>
>>3029751
>A lot of the "I fall and die" posts and "Disease kills me" posts would be eliminated that way.
Yes. but those people are sperglords and need to die.
>>
>>3029751
what might be fun to think about but wouldn't work as a thread would be that your conscience gets teleported back and takes over the mind of your ancestor who is closest to your current age, you get a dial that tells you how historically inaccurate your actions are so you could fuck the system and just do what you like or try and live the life of your ancestor while maybe making some slight improvements along the way.
>>
>>3026632
Well i have to find the nearest french fort and make my way to new Orleans duo i can get to English speaking lands. That's if i make my way out of the dismal swamp and grassland the chicago suburbs were back then
>>
>>3028614
I know. I'm not into pre-pubescent. Trust me. I'm a degenerate, but I'm not THAT degenerate. I am, however, attracted to hebe and ephe shit, so being transported back to 1717 Hawaii (where toplessness and even full nudity was very casual) will be my own personal perk for having to put up with such a difficult situation. I should point out, however, that yes-homo was in full swing and it was practiced a lot by male warriors and stuff, so I'll probably have to set my boundaries very early on if I don't want to get as gay as /fit/ during the summer.
>>
>>3029339
Oooooh, winter's going to be very, very, VERY shitty for you.
>>
>>3028519
A lot of the wood in Hawaii that you see right now was bought in from Europeans, but yes, there are a few woods I can work with, in theory, to make a somewhat decent bow. Koa, in particular, comes to mind. Hawaiians used it for paddles, boats, weapons, literally fugging everything, and it was quite abundant Pre-Kamehameha and Pre-Colonization era, so I should be alright.
>>
>>3028498
>Japanese isolationism famously known for beheading foreigners and lining their heads up along the beaches as warnings

...Y-You'll be fine, anon
>>
>>3029751
The book might as well just have some basic survival stratagies for the area, a basic map, how to use the musket, Etc., too. And come with some blank space in the back and a pen. And a week's worth of food and water. Maybe a small metal bowl.
All that plus OP's Western American kit seems pretty well-rounded.
>>
>>3028506
>>3028331
Thanks, OP. Also, which one is yours? Wouldn't it be more fun to answer your question while waiting for answers too?
>>
>>3028331
I should really get laser-eye surgery. Autistically, I've actually considered getting it just because so many of these "what-if" threads on 4chin would screw me over if I didn't have good eye sight.
>>
>>3026632
>Live in California north bay area, Marin county
Well fuck, I got like 60 years untill the spaniards found San Fransisco, and there is no way I'm making it down farther south with out a game plan. There isn't any sorta roads yet, let alone some kinda shipping routes I can bum a ride on. So it would have to be overland, and I'd have to deal with all the trubutaries and rivers that were filled in when white guys showed up. I know for a fact that there are native American camps in San Rafael and Point Rayes. I also know that the whole town I live in is a huge flood zone, and was completely different before people started building houses. Most of it was still underwater and part of the bay. There was also a massive drought that lasted literally hundreds of years that keep Marin super dry around 1500, so I'm not sure if all the old grow trees are still there. I think by 1717 people returned to Marin full time, but that's a real risk.

The river that cuts through my naborhood does go all the way out to the bay, and there is a Mewok village underneath the collage that is eventually built next to that river. So at least making contact with other humans is a potential option.

I have read how to pack and fire a black powder riffle, and I have some basic boyscout/wanna be survival skills. Taking down and cleaning a deer would be a real test of my book learning. They are all over the place here, I just saw on this morning.

I think my game plan would be make a little camp, scout out the area a bit, try my hand at getting a deer. Gold won't mean much to the Mewoks, so showing up with some kind of gift would probably help ease relations a bit. Hopefully star trek and anthro 101 will provide a good template on how to do a first contact with out getting killed. Mewoks were pretty peaceful, and got along with the Spanish missionaries at least kinda well.

I think I have a chance, and if I play my cards right, I can get some pretty good real estate out of it too.
>>
>>3026632
>Missouri
I don't think there were any whites living in this area for several decades.

If I'm lucky I'll encounter a fur trader and pay him to guide me to the nearest settlement. If I'm unlucky, I'll be killed by Indians.
>>
Okay, here's what God should give you if he sends you to 1717.
You automatically land on the ground, have natural immunity to diseases, you get plain but good period clothing of the region, your glasses, two years' wages in gold and silver, a flint lighter, a small knife, musket with powder & lead, hand axe, a compass, a bag, a blanket, a week's worth of food and water, a small metal bowl, and a book that tells you the a few basic words in the nearby languages, some basic survival stratagies for the area, a basic map, how to use the musket, some blank space in the back, a feather pen, ink, and some other information.
>>
>>3029996
Makes it to easy, the weak need to be weeded out.
>>
>>3029996
I know what kind of "loadout" you're going for (Well prepared 21st century man comes to 18th century), but I prefer a more live-or-let-live approach to these exercises.

No language manual, no basic survival strategies, no basic map, no inate use of musket. I'd also maybe say no starting food or water, but that seems largely regional (someone who lives in bumfuck Mongolia should be allowed water and food, whereas someone from the fertile South Americas would not deserve it).

Language, you must learn yourself. That's the whole concept of the "fish out of water" trope. Basic survival and muskets should be learned, which is why you should have studied up on /k/ and /out/ shit before you came into this thread, you weak feygit. Additionally, if you're living in the colonies or Europe or China or something, someone will already have a map for sale, and otherwise, it should be YOUR responsibility to learn and chart the boundaries of your new land.

This is the story of you, as you are now, transported back in time to a place you do not belong in. Skills and personalities do not change.
>>
>Eastern Rhode Island
My town was incorporated in 1717, but it was only a village of a couple hundred at the time. I'd probably move to Providence and become a printer. Hopefully the Wampanoags would be peaceful and wouldn't try to start shit on my journey there.
>>
>>3026632
I head for Charleston and get ready to warn Edward Teach about Spotswood and Ocracoke Island. That should secure a handsome reward.
>>
>>3030088
What does double dubs get me?
>>
Any of you guys carry a time travel survival kit on you 24/7 just in case? What did you pack?
>>
>>3030088
A good horse and a well trained and loyal negro slave
>>
>>3030105
This is about the most /his/ thing imaginable. I've always wanted to get a good survival kit, in case I go back in time or to Pokemon world, or something.
But I have no money.
>>
Let's all agree to meet in London at the 2017 Society, okay?
>>
>>3030088
>>3030092
>>3030114
>>
>>3030139
I wouldn't mind a good horse and a token
>>
>>3026679
Same, if we can press down and secure Oregon, those mountains will be practically impossible to cross. Now as to how?

>convince some tribe to not enslave you and listen to you (pretty difficult)
>ally with Russia for weapons and political support against Britain
>appeal to natives in Canada to come settle here away from whiteman
>ally with the Sioux and get them to settle and defend the eastern plains
>try and survive the Zerg rush for gold
>>
>>3030114
The loyal slave thing is great because I have a crippling disability.

Fortunately we're about as good at treating it now as we were then, if not actually worse.
>>
>>3029996
You're in Hawaii, you start with a loincloth in the ritual torture-murder-cannibalism capital of the Pacific.
You're fucked. No kit will remedy that.
>>
Perth, Australia - I could walk to the swan river from my house and it had more than enough aquatic life to sustain me + i know one or two very common edible plants. Probably wouldn't die of starvation the big trick would be not getting killed by natives and trying to achieve anything relevant with local materials and resources.

I guess long term goal for a me would be to get to the top end of WA where there is a shit ton of high grade iron ore - from that point I could probably create iron and steel.

From that point I think you have a relitively easy sell at buying natives into working for you and slowly trying to convert them from nomads to an agricultural/industrialised peoples.

Top end Aboriginals tended to be a bit more sophisticated and advanced because the land is harsher so probably have a better shot up there.

If you gave metal and some basics to one of the tribes id say college odds they would have steamrolled most of the country within 200-400 years.
>>
File: boattymcboatface.jpg (76KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
boattymcboatface.jpg
76KB, 600x528px
>>3030200
>dubs say you goat a boat now
>or a hors
>>
>>3026632
Become a shareholder in the east India.
>>
>>3030200
>from that point I could probably create iron and steel.
What for? You'd be still in the middle of the desert with a lump of pig iron. That is if you haven't starved until then.
>>
>>3029968
Bree nice evaluation of your current situation. I'd advise you to stick to snaring rabbits and chickens and hunting small pigs until you hit civilization, as you should keep your gun locked and loaded for any sudden bear encounters, and deer are heavy and hard to drag around, which would be a big waste of food if you just want to eat for one day and move on. Perhaps the ease of hunting deer with a rifle would really impress the natives, which would make for a good ice breaker of sorts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleville_musket
I figured out that this would be the top-of-the-line infantry rifle developed IN 1717, but probably became widespread only a few years later. Depending on how OP wants to do this, we would either be getting the shitty matchlock rifle that was widespread during 1717, or we would have access to the much more sophisticated Charlesville flintlock rifle developed IN 1717.

...I really want the Charlesville though.
>>
>>3030197
Hawaii wasn't that bad cuck
>>
>>3030263
t. Cannibal
>>
>>3030197
That wasn't Hawaii-Anon. I'm Hawaii-Anon. I wrote the second reply to him.

Also, murder and shit was illegal in Hawaii too, just like anywhere else. It turns out things like compassion, justice, honor, and loyalty, were all universal attitudes well-adjusted human beings regularly have.

Honestly, I'm more worried about the anon from Mongolia or Canada. Freezing to death and dehydration are no laughing matter, and by 1717, both places were still relatively unpopulated.
>>
>>3030105
I, too, occasionally attempt to develop an outdated skill or two, in the rare off chance I am sent to the past in some strange time-travel situation.

I like the "what-if" scenarios that go "only the clothes on your back and the items that you carry", because then that means I have to be smart about blending in or using my polyester clothing to my advantage, or hiding my smartphone from others, or inventing the ballpoint pen, which makes the situation exciting and unpredictable.
>>
File: raifu.jpg (583KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
raifu.jpg
583KB, 1600x1062px
>>3030256
>the top-of-the-line infantry
Nope, you get a nicely crafted Pennsylvania rifle in .44 caliber. Thats generous.
>>
>>3030181
What's your disability? Depending on where you live, you could do quite well for yourself if you play your cards right.
>>
>>3030335
Quite fair. I wanted to add in my last post that "I wouldn't complain either way, because a rifle is better than no rifle".
>>
>>3030337
5 years of seeing doctors, current odds are on Fibromyalgia.
>>
>>3030333
>I, too, occasionally attempt to develop an outdated skill or two, in the rare off chance I am sent to the past in some strange time-travel situation.
He is one of us! ONE OF US!
>>
>Staten Island, NY
Well guess I'd better fucking learn Dutch.
>>
>>3030346
Gotta admit, I don't know what that means for your chances of survival. Hopefully the case is mild? I would recommend lots of liquor and opium, as those seemed to be the painkiller of choice at the time, but otherwise, it's fortunate that you ended up with double dubs, or in other words, a horse and a negro.
>>
>>3026632
Become a slave.
t. a mulatto
>>
Kentucky here rolling for a horse
>>
File: hurs.jpg (354KB, 1400x1145px) Image search: [Google]
hurs.jpg
354KB, 1400x1145px
>>3030455
>acquired
>>
>>3030455
HELL YEAH
>>
>>3030420
At least you got a career plan.
>>
>>3028186
walk to florida and help the spanish raid the shit out of georgian plantations with the freed slave militias.
>>
>>3026632
eastern va, about an hour's car ride up to richmond. i'm set
>>
>>3030302
>Freezing to death
But it is summer.
>>
>>3030561
>about an hour's car
thats 3-4 days to walk.
>>
>>3030773

how slow do you walk
>>
>>3026663
It won't work, people wont just accept what you said and it wont be easy to prove it.
It would be great in 200, 300 years when you are proven right and everyone regards you as a man ahead of your time.
>>
>>3030779
1h drive = 60 miles, 20 miles a day is plenty of walking for most people. Plus food & water and shelter for the night.
>>
>>3030561
>richmond. i'm set
founded 1737. enjoy the walk and don't let the injuns scalp you!
>>
>>3030375
Yeah, pretty much. It's never going to entail any serious medical risk in the future. I just need lots of bedrest, a clean diet and proportionate excercise.

Probably easier, like I said, in the 18th century. But I'd be doomed as a beggar if it wasn't for my loyal negro slave. Hopefully, he and my pirate gold can afford me a small cottage for me to mourn my waifu not yet born.
>>
>>3026632
>City founded in 1699
Probably go to new Orleans and become a slave trader.
>>
>>3031346
Not even joking, but who's your waifu? Is...Is she 2d?
>>
To be honest, pretty well. I'm waking up in an older area of Philadelphia. I'd walk a mile or so and meet my ancestors at their shipyard. Introduce them to the idea of steam propulsion.
>>
>>3029336
Locals would be Kingdom of Spain. Travel the established stagecoach routes between the Presidios. If you're feeling adventurous, sail to Acapulco, then to Manila on the deadhead of the treasure fleets.
>>
>>3026679
Damn injuns can't stop progress, you'll get an arrow between your eyes before you can say genocide.
>>
ok im peruvians lets see
yup im fucked
im a clearly mixed 1.80m person and my chest and torso have tatoos that i designed so im probably gonna be accused of witchcraft, in case i manage to not get killed
become friends with an hacendado because as i said im clearly mixed enough to not get treated as a full blown native and im tall as fuck so i dont think the white people are going to be THAT hostile to me but yeah, best chance work for an hacendado maybe marry one of his bastards or his youngest daughter, buy property in the current high class districts and have a street named after me
>>
Pflugerville, Texas

I suppose, if I get a horse, I would ride out to Lake Travis and follow a river east until I find a settlement. I only hunt with muzzle loaders, do the musket is right up my ally. Hunting and keeping people away from my gold wouldn't be impossible.

Hopefully I would find a French Settlement as I know enough to get by. If I happen across a Spanish one first, I'd probably try to pass myself off as a lost English man.

Assuming I don't get robbed, I use my money to book passage to the colonies or close to them. I'd hopefully find work as an engineer (or the colonial equivalent of one) and make a living. In my spare time, I would tinker about with "inventions." I've always been handy and know enough electronics and mechanics to make motors, so I'd try to design an ethanol powered piston of some sort. It would take a while, but the payoff would be worth it.

If no horse, I probably die in the Texas heat and become buzzard food.
>>
>>3026632
>socal
I guess I'll have to walk to the nearest mission and learn Spanish
>>
>>3026739
>being blind
>>
>>3031395
She's 3d but has a 2d form.

[spoiler]And is actually, legally my waifu. We don't have sex because 3DPD[/Spoiler]
>>
>>3031532
rip
>>
>>3031650
So pure ;_;

>>3031532
Period relevant? I understand that nowadays, people tend to use percussion caps or something similar, rather than measuring out thimble-sized cups of black powder. What is the effective range on a 1717 equivalent muzzle loader? Could a ready marksman, realistically, shoot a pig-sized object from 100 feet away? What are some of the problems and difficulties that you face that aren't always apparent to people who've never fired a black powder musket before?

I've always wondered these kinds of things.
>>
>>3030053
I like this dude
>>
>>3027332
fuck mate
I'd have to travel down from Brisy.
>>
>>3031718
I can do both modern and flint lock. Modern muzzle loaders take 2 forms generally. The first and most common form is the "inline" pattern. These are similar to modern bolt actions in a way, and use a percussion cap at the rear of the gun. The second form uses a traditional lock lock, but instead of flint and a small powder charge, a percussion cap is used in place. These were common from 1840 to about 1880. Modern muzzle loaders also use canonical shaped projectiles, which improve accuracy tremendously.

Obviously, considering we are getting period piece muskets, they will be smooth bore and fire spherical (or multiple) projectiles. This decreases accuracy substantially (but cleaning is a breeze).

My longest shot with a modern muzzleloader was taken at 175 yards, and I gut shot the deer. I had to track it for about a mile before I found it. With 1700s muskets, I would say a shot over 50 yards is almost out of the question, when hitting a man sized target. To get a kill shot (a shot placed in a 6 inch circle right behind and under the shoulderblade) on a pig at that distance would be impressive to me.

As for operating the musket, most people could figure it out, but the challenge to an absolute newbie would be the amount of powder used for the charge. Even with modern measuring equipment, people have blown their rifles up, and in a situation like OP cooked up, that's almost garunteed death.
>>
>NZs South Island

Try survive on my own till I kill myself after an argument with my homosexual life partner that's actually a rock
>>
>born in a village near Bucharest in Wallachia
>travel to Bucharest
>buy myself a boyar title from John Mavrocordatos(then Phanariote ruler)
>???
>profit
>>
>>3031786
Hate to tell you fren, but it's not uninhabited.
>>
>>3031792
appear*, not born
>>
>>3031779
Interesting.

By the way, just as a heads up to all the new people in this thread, I wouldn't go to sleep just yet. I've been staying up these past few hours learning about muskets, state history, native languages, native religions, and a whole slew of other shit, so that when I finally go to sleep and (not) wake up in the year 1717, I'll finally be somewhat prepared.

To those starting off in backwards hellholes, TRADE YOUR GOLD OR GUN WITH THE NATIVES FOR FAVOR. No point in thinking long term if you can't even make it out alive in the short term.
>>
>overthrow the duke of Courland
>unite the two seperate Latvian duchies by removing the eterbal kraut
>use my knowledge of the future to keep out the eternal slavmongol
>proclaim Latvia 200 years earlier
>pull a Switzerland and evade every world conflict

a man can dream
>>
>>3031779
Huh. Didn't know you could blow up your own rifle/hands by adding in too much charge. I always assumed the musket would be strong enough to handle it. I know for a fact that if I didn't know this, I'd probably end up filling the whole pan after getting frustrated with my shot placement (more powder equals straighter shot lel) and blow my whole hand off.

50 yards is not too bad, in my point of view. I'm confident I could get within half a football field of an unsuspecting pig and get the drop on him if I tried, but they DO tend to be very paranoid at times.

I don't think I'll have any more shots after I expend all of my original ammo because I'm from Hawaii, and we have no metal here, so at least musket failures won't be a problem for me in a real short while.

I suppose I should just give it to the king right away, seeing as how they've managed to do just fine without guns for a while, and it'd be much more beneficial in the long run to gain his respect/trust.
>>
>>3031829
I wouldn't give it to the king. I would keep it for sure. If nothing else, become a local legend with a whole "THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK" spiel.

Ammunition would not be a problem. You can shape rocks into ammunition. The powder would be tough though. I know how to turn piss into powder, but I've never done it. I'm also not sure how easy sulphur is to get on your island.

The main thing to worry about would be rust and corrosion from the salt and water.
>>
>>3031829
Also, you're correct that hunting is possible from 50 yards for sure, and that beats the hell out of arrows for sure. Is game plentiful in Hawaii? I know there are Rams and goat things there. I never read up on Hawaiian ecology, and it's not thought of as a real hunters paradise because of the gun laws.
>>
>>3031806
If you're interested in antique fire arms (as I am) you should look into joining an online community or going to auctions/gunshows. I love guns of all types, but I've only really collected antique ones outside of a modern hunting muzzle loader, and a few pistols and semi auto rifles.

If you live in a country or state with harsh gun laws, it's a good way to get into the hobby as politicians and friends usually don't get scared of antiques. It's also a good hedge, as most antique rifles have out performed gold and silver over the last 30 years.
>>
>Southern Brazil

Only good time period for Brazil in the only good place in Brazil
>>
File: 1496966234542.jpg (67KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496966234542.jpg
67KB, 540x540px
> be me, a californian in 1717
> have decent clothes
> have long rifle, powder, and ammuition
> have an axe and bullet mold
> have Spanish gold daubloons
> wake up in the desert of southern California
> Nobody there but natives
>ohfuck.jpeg
>several thousand of them
>walk for months south east avoiding any native contact
>hunting with rifle
>getting fire wood with axe and sleeping in discrete locations, i.e. trees
> finally make my way to Mexico city
> use my daubloons to make my way back to Europe by boat
>get to England
> become a surgeon by washing instruments
>my story becomes legend
Jk I'd die in a couple days prolly
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>3026632
>Florida
Make way to St.Augustine, make shop as some sort of hunter selling meat, use the gun for that of course.

Afterwards, try to move north to the Original 13 and start a breakaway movement southwest to northern texas, establish a settlement near the mountains and hopefully try to lay the roots for a self sufficient society to expand, possibly get trade on the coast with the spanish to help expand in tech wise. crazy fuckin thought but its what i'd try
>>
>>3026632
>Australia
>71 years before colonisation
Fuck you
>>
I'd try and make it to Muir Woods and see all that shit before it's torn down to make furniture.
Is there anything of note that we lost between now and then? I mean it's not like we had a library of Alexandria but we must've had something. Whatever it is, find it and secure it in some cave for perpetuity.
>>
>>3026632
>So you wake where you went to sleep up and suddenly it is 1717.
Wake up in space due to earths changing orbit. Die.
/thread
>>
Alaska. Would have to walk through future Anchorage to make my way down the coast to a Russian trading post. Would probably get stabbed by a bunch of Indians. All in all its just like modern times
>>
>>3026632
>st louis
if im lucky i run into some french explorers, although I can't speak french hopefully they would take pity on me and bring me to the english colonies
if not i run into a tribe of natives who are astonished at this white man alone in their territory and either kill me or take me in as one of their own and i live with the natives for the rest of my life
>>
>Glasgow, Scotland

I'd probably join the Royal Navy and they'd make me an officer most likely cause I'm not a dumb fuck.
>>
>>3031873
Where you from, /p h a m b/?
>>
>>3031779
>With 1700s muskets, I would say a shot over 50 yards is almost out of the question
you get a long rifle, not a musket.
>>
I am legit surprised I'm the best only one who thought to save Teach, and by the looks of things, anything short term trading your short term historical knowledge for money.
>>
>>3032020
>Joining the Navy
>Voluntarily
Nah, you're a dumb fuck.
>>
>>3032467
But thats local knowledge. Like other anons are likely half a word away from pirates and stuff.
>>
>Long Island
walk to New York City and buy a piece of property I guess
maybe my great great great great grand children can sell it and get rich when construction projects are going in the city
>>
Slowly die from chronic illness thanks to no decent medication

Hooray
>>
>>3026632
>east coast of Florida
I'm probably waking up in the middle of a swamp where I'm immediately eaten by an alligator. This is a pretty poor CYOA.
>>
>>3031650
This is the problem with a lot of the CYOAs I see here. I don't have a lot to lose. I love no girl, I have no real home, I have no real friends, and I don't own many things. However, I don't know if I could leave my family behind, and in particular, I don't know if I could leave my brother.

If I lost my mom and dad, I think that is something I could over come, but if I lost my brother, I do not think life would be worth living anymore. Similarly, it would hurt me too much to know I'd be leaving him alone in the world, even though the whole "wake up the next morning 300 years earlier" situation seems involuntary. I guess I'll just have to try really hard and not think about it, one step at a time.

Before I die, I'd carve one giant message out on the side of a giant rock, telling my brother everything is okay and that I'm in a much better place now; and hopefully that'll be enough for him 300 years in the future (not exactly sure how time-travel shenanigans would play out in this alternate reality, but oh well).

>>3032913
Well buck the fuck up, cause it's do or die time, buddy. I'd be falling 20 feet to the ground and probably be breaking my ankle, but you don't see me grovelling on the floor, waiting to die. FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE, MAN. GOOD GOD.
>>
>Wake up in China during the reign of the Kangxi Emperor
>immediately executed for not having the mandated hairstyle
>>
>>3032467
Not a lot of people know or care about their state, or even county, history, which I think is a real shame. Me; I took a mandatory course on my state's history, and I came in thinking it was worthless, and I left learning a lot about what to do in the case I wake up a long time ago in the past.

So...thanks to the Department of Education for that one. Also, where I'm from, it was all oral history, so no one knows what the fuck was going on before Europeans came by and invented record-keeping for the natives. "Short term historical knowledge" won't mean a whole lot to me until I'm 81 years old.
>>
What noone itt takes into consideration is just how much language has changed since 1717

No matter where you are you now have to fake being a foreigner and it may take you months to learn how to speak properly with just about anyone
>>
>>3026632
Someone should make a game based on this concept.
Like a choose your own adventure or mouse and click game about a modern man waking up in the Hellenistic period or something.
>>
>>3033315
>American/Europe/Middle East/Africa
No problem. Lots of trading, lots of different folks from all over the world. It'd be like seeing one of those "weird" guys on the subway; they're only "weird" to the tourists-- to all the locals, it's just another Tuesday. Language they use is literally just ye olde shit you hear in period piece films on PBS and stuff. Honestly, it's not as bad as you describe.

>Asia, and in particular, Japan
NOW you're fucked.

Korea, China, you're okay. Japan, Mongolia, you're fugged. Better luck next time.
>>
>New York City

Ha ha time to be a banking baron
>>
>>3033355
/tg/, /his/, /b/, and /lit/ all have this thread in some variation or another once every week.

Pretty good mental exercise, and it's a nice excursion from the usual shit that goes down. It's kinda like when a professional orchestra decides to play AC/DC or something just for fun. I find that actually writing down your train of thought and discussing it with others is far more engaging than a game with hard coded limits and boundaries.

Freeform will always be, in my opinion, the utopia of roleplay; an impossible ideal too far gone the way of wishful thinking.
>>
>>3033392
>I find that actually writing down your train of thought and discussing it with others is far more engaging than a game with hard coded limits and boundaries.

Now that you put it this way,
i can see how it's preferable to a game.

Thanks, you changed my mind
>>
File: image00142[1].jpg (58KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
image00142[1].jpg
58KB, 736x552px
>>3030200
I'm from Perth too.

Putting aside the scenario, you're expectations of aboriginals is extremely unrealistic. I'm not /pol/ either.

I think you've got the right idea though, but why fuck around with iron ore? If you're trying to make your riches in an undeveloped country, you may as well go for something more tangibly valuable, gold. Drum up funds for an expedition into what will be Kalgoorlie. I have no idea if it's possible this early in Australian history to make a name for yourself when there is little infastructure and potentially little interest.
>>
>>3033439
Lumber, my dudes. Australia was known for their lumber. Wooden gold as far as the eye could hardly see, rainforests in mineral pockets of ebony and ivory.

Hire some abos to cut the trees for you under the guise of clearing land for their precious Zebu cattle. Turn the lumber into something tangible like houses and fields and irrigation channels. Make a lot of space and teach them how to sail, cause you've got enough wood to make a million boats and stuff. Start breeding the lighter skinned ones really, really hard so that by the time you're 70, you can have incestual quadroon qts like that one guy from Game of Thrones or something.

With all this lumber operating going on, abos will organically settle down in permanent residencies, where you can "democratically" elect leaders loyal to your...cause.

Pay them well, let them keep what they find. All you want from them is their hands and ears, and by the time the civilization starts up, you'll be the first place people will beeline to the moment they set foot on shore.
>>
Colorado.

Will band together whatever injuns I can and generally harass the Spanish / whoever has gold to steal. Then head to California and trade with Russians to get a ship to India from where I'll head to the U.K. And then the colonies where I'll invent machining and generally chill with Franklin getting our cocks sucked by whores and talking about electromagnetism without giving away too much.

Then with machining we'll be in a much stronger position to demand our rights as Englishmen to parliamentary representation.

Hopefully I die of old age chuckling while reading reports of how we're btfoing Nappy and generally ruling the waves.

Also hopefully get enough followers to prevent the whole enfranchisement of the working class in 1832 at which stage I'd be long dead.
>>
>>3026632
uhh

I guess i get to dance with some minor spaniard noble's daugter. and... that's it.

The Del Plata colonies where a rather boring place to live in.

>>3030798
it's the enlightment mate. People were masturbating over mathematical definitions. Talk to an intellectual of the era and they would flip the fuck out and probably suck your cock.

imagine, being gauss 60 years before gauss. motherfucking gauss.
>>
>>3026632
>balkans
Catch the first ship from Constntinopole to the UK, buy some gentleman-tier clothes and shill my advanced elecrical engineer-tier maths and physics at Cambridge. After I manage to write down my complete general knowledge after 2-3 years an make sure it's preserved for the XXIc. plebs to freak out at, I'll kill myself because living in a disease-ridden muddy technology-less pre-industrial shithole sound like fucking hell.
>>
>>3033504
Your lumber only took off after the Brits could no longer get it from the American South and needed new sources.
>>
>>3033547
>catch the first ship to the U.K.

Funny how everyone but her former colonies are saying this :-)
>>
>>3033547
>Engineer

My degree is in physics. I'll literally spend the whole time trolling you by convincing people you're wrong.
>>
>>3033581
It's the most logical conclusion as XVIIIc. UK was the most modern country in the world at the time.
>>
>>3033591
Yep.

>>3033584
Is me. Are you ready to hear the term 'ether' till you go mad :p.

Assuming I get out of Colorado. You'll have a head start but I'll probably garner enough fame for people to listen to me.

I'm gonna Edison you mother fucker.
>>
So am I the only one who would wake up in someones bedroom? My house has actually just been built.
>>
>>3033614
Tell us a story of who's bedroom you wake up in and the awkwardness and general social impropriety of it.
>>
File: the jaw is not amused.jpg (4KB, 176x224px) Image search: [Google]
the jaw is not amused.jpg
4KB, 176x224px
>spanish in Milano just after Utrecht treaty
I would go back home and try to get a good job in the military or something using my science knowledge but I don't like the idea of a french king, maybe I would go to Barcelona to start a revolt :^)

also
>17 years too late to protect that smile
>>
File: 1473363365711.jpg (214KB, 563x721px) Image search: [Google]
1473363365711.jpg
214KB, 563x721px
>Finland in the middle of the Great Northern War
>Will you have a pleasant life?
No.
>>
>>3033551
Then you'd better get really good at advertising.
>>
Easy. I'm in a then comfy suburb of Paris, an hour walk away from the center. Old Louis XIV is dead, Louis XV is too young to fuck our shit up, the war of Spanish Succession is over, thanks to the Regent the economy and intellectual life is booming, we're basically exhausted, but at the height of our strength. And the Régence's Paris is probably the best place to time travel back to in that era, there hadn't been that much opportunity of social mobility in Europe in a long time. I'm educated, fluent in two languages, and decent at three others, can read and write. Just with that I'm better off with than the vast majority of the population. I'm from an old noble family, but with no way to prove it other than my signet ring, so it's probably best to forget about it. Best bet is probably to try to become a secretary, a translator and climb my way up from there, sneaking into intellectual circles on the way, ideally ending up close enough to power to indirectly influence Louis XV into being less shit. Either that or move to the New World, or just use my knowledge of events to invest wisely.
>>
File: 1490578562402.png (712KB, 624x696px) Image search: [Google]
1490578562402.png
712KB, 624x696px
>>3026632
Well I'm from just North of Cincinnati which won't be settled until 1788, not to mention most of Ohio being forests.
I'd say my best chances are heading for the Ohio River and increase my chances on running into settlers heading west, surveyors, or if I'm lucky fur traders.
Honestly if I could just see the river before it was polluted and dirty would be cool enough.
>>
>>3033765
The Spanish gold might a tiny bit of a problem, though. A year later a big conspiracy to replace the regent by the king of Spain will be uncovered, and after that there's the war of the Quadruple Alliance. Living off a supply of enemy gold could look suspicious. Guess I'll just have to exchange it or invest it fast. Law is going to be in charge in a few years, and then I can get in on that sweet Compagnie du Mississippi cash.
>>
OP here
I just made this thread because I was bored and because history buffs doing cyoa is fun.
For future threads, would -250 years be more fun? Like ameribros could at least dream of seeing the revolution? Also, how can I help poor Aussie/Kiwis, no matter what I think of, they are fucked. Also, any preps for Asians in general?
Also why do you guys sperg so much about a drop? No one said you gonna drop, I mean you wake up with period clothing and pockets full of money and essential tools and still you think your physical well being is threatened? No, it is way more fun see you guys starve or getting tortured to death by tribes.
>>
>>3033835
>The Spanish gold might a tiny bit of a problem,
Find a Swiss banker, not a problem in Paris at the time, they will be happy to relieve you of your Spanish gold, no questions asked.
>>
>>3034151

I think it would be more fair to make the date flexible like the date of the first settlers, but it would still be more problematic.

1717 east coast USA would still be more interesting than say 1650.
>>
>>3034151
I think it is better to be set a bit prior some major event
for example 1700 instead of 1717
>>
>>3028498
>>3029921
As long as he's not Khyristian he's fine
>>
>>3034151
>Australians
Born to be fucked so they don't care
>kiwis
They would love to be fucked then eaten
>burgers
1717 is where we see the emergence of European supmreacy so they deserve being scalped for going to that foreign land and creating an unholy trinity of the dollar the burger and the cheese
>Asians
You eunuch now
>>
>>3026632
>Belmont, MA
Pretty damn ideal. The name "belmont" means beautiful hill and they were absolutely right. Plus in the summer it's important to escape the heat and disease of the city. Other than cholera, dysentery, yellow fever and all the other diseases of the time it could get so hot in the city that men and horses would literally die in the streets.
>>
>>3034151
>For future threads, would -250 years be more fun?
I'll admit, my first thought was "which major historical events could I prep for?" and then did the math and was kind of bummed when I realized that if I were to jump back to the year 1700, I probably wouldn't live long enough to see the French and Indian War, much less the Revolution.

> Also, how can I help poor Aussie/Kiwis, no matter what I think of, they are fucked.
Australians should in fact spend more time thinking about dying in a desert, alone and unloved, except for the abos hunting them for food.

>Also, any preps for Asians in general?
Every Chinese person I've ever known was obsessed with his own history. It doesn't matter, pick a year, he'll tell you what his ancestors' dog's name was
>>
>>3030333
>I, too, occasionally attempt to develop an outdated skill or two, in the rare off chance I am sent to the past in some strange time-travel situation.
I just read up on how to make ether with primitive tools, just in case I have to invent anesthesia one day.
>>
>>3026632
>San Jose California
I guess I'll make contact with the Ohlone Tribes and exchange my knowledge of modern medicine for acceptance in the tribe.

>will you have a pleasant life
If I could gain power and put myself in the position of Chief I would.
>>
>>3026632
>nova scotia, which would still be Acadia at the time
I write up plans for a crude semi-auto rifle and use some of my doubloons to have several smiths forge various parts for the prototype and some casings for cartridges, not telling any of them what it was for. I'd make the lead styphnate for the primers and gunpowder myself. Then I'd show my prototype to the french government and try to secure a loan to manufacture it. I'd then build electric motors and generators, work on fractional distillation of crude oil and combustion engines to burn the gas, and probably completely fuck up the progression of the 18th century with motorized french infantry with future guns.
>>
>>3026632
Do I wake up in north america or where I am right now?

If I wake up in America I'd try to go down south to Acapulco and from there go to Manila, and then go my ancestral homeland and then serve as a mercenary in the Spanish colonial army, participate in crushing some rebellions, occasionally fight the British, then just live a normal life and become an alcalde or something, that is if I don't die serving the Spanish crown.
>>
>>3027976
Don't worry, my African friend. I'll buy you and we'll have wacky adventures together
>>
File: 1436758965511.png (1010KB, 680x652px) Image search: [Google]
1436758965511.png
1010KB, 680x652px
>South Eastern Pennsylvania

I head straight to Philly to start a timber enterprise. Hire workers to cut downs thousands of acres of trees and make mad dosh. Finally I settle down with a qt. Perhaps do something in my free time like start a newspaper.

My knowledge of modern technology is limited, but I know history. I won't be some kind of revolutionary but I can be at the forefront of historical trends
>>
>>3026632
San Francisco. Hmm... it's probably gonna be rough given that I don't know Spanish or any native languages. And the Spaniards might not take too kindly to me given that I speak English. I guess I try to make my way to the eastern seaboard somehow.
>>
File: 1481770795657.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1481770795657.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>Utah
>Get scalped by Indians
feels bad
>>
>North Texas

Fugg, I have to make my way south to a Spanish settlement and hope to god that the wagon burners don't find me first.
>>
>>3034151
What the other guys said. Make it flexible, and by major conflict/event rather than 300/250 years ago. So Americans can have Revolutionary war, Japanese can have arrival of Dutch traders, Mongolians can have rise of Genghis Khan, etc.

I agree with the sentiment, however, that Aussies deserve only abos and poor food.
>>
Willamette valley, Oregon
When I woke up I could hear the sound of insects buzzing about. I awoke in my camp wet and cold. Im in a swamp with moss on every tree and bugs so numerous they appear like mist in the distance. Everything I touch is fragile and hilds ome hidden t hreat. A snake, poisinous frog, a mountain lion.

I hear the river flow where my bed was three hundred years in the future. I seem to be dressed as an English fur trapper, I honestly dont know how to use my pistol. So even if I ciuld get to civilization, it would be little more than a club.

Wait I can here something in the swamp. Murmurs in the dark.
>>
>>3036468
Oregon. Guess I better learn to use this gun maybe I can use my wealth to trade for passage to a french trading post. Or perhaps it would be better to try and join one of the tribes. They are incredibly war like and patrisrchal. If I can't trade successfully or impress them, I may be sold into slavery.
>>
>Plymouth

It's a life at sea for me, either get work on a fishing cutter or trade brig. If that fails join the Royal Navy
>>
>>3037325
>If that fails join the Royal Navy
Was the Royal Navy the final solution for the NEET problem?
>>
>>3036468
>>3036480
Are you hot grill? Native Americans, especially those from the West Coast, were considerably less hostile to women than the more infamous Apaches and Crows. In fact, I'd say your best bet would be to marry into a Native American tribe and try to enjoy a semi-comfortable life. Being white and foreign will always be a pretty good bargaining chip in life.
>>
I wake up in my small village. I probably get drafted in the great nordic war and get killed against the swedes.
>>
>>3037419
And so everything ends for the best.
>>
>>3037350
Yes, even Nelson himself was a NEET. His father grew tired of him posting drawings to an Oriental concubine forum and forced him into a naval career.
>>
> Wake up in the middle of Long Island most likely surrounded by woods.
> check if Port Jefferson is a town yet. Maybe stay there.
> if not try to head back to my hometown of Danbury CT.
> hopefully convince someone to let be an apprentice.
> most likely make hats for the rest of my life
> could be a lot worse
>>
>>3038449
Ok, turns out Port Jeff is still there. I'd probably try to take up with a merchant vessel seeing as it's what I do now.
>>
>>3038498
>Wanting to be a low-ranking crew member on a ship in history
C'mon lad you can do better. Unless you won't be travelling very large distances.
>>
>>3026632
The city I'm in won't be established for another 60 years or so, so I guess I'll try to find some injuns and assimilate into a tribe.
>>
>>3038449
>>3038498
You got gold, you can buy an apprenticeship if you want to.
>>
>>3026632
I live in Dublin, Ireland but in 1717 my area would have been mostly rural. As far as I can tell Ireland was fairly peaceful at this time so I'd probably make my way to the city (don't even need a horse as it's only about 7 miles and I've walked it before plenty of times) and find some kind of a job. Seeing as I'm literate and can speak English (obviously) I'd probably do okay.
The only problem I can foresee is people wondering where the fuck I got all the money but I can do accents pretty well, so hopefully I just pretend to be a rich Englishman and people will leave me alone.
>>
>>3038572
It just occurred to me that I might be able to exchange my doubloons for sterling at the exchequer in Dublin, but again they'd probably want to know where I got all the money
>>
>>3038590
Won it gambling. Now take my money or I'll pay those gutter rats a shilling to beat the bloody piss out of you.
>>
>>3038568
How much would 100 doubloons be back then?

I assumed with the way the question was asked it was more or less enough to keep you afloat for a while while you begged for work.
>>
>>3038610
More than most people would ever see in their entire lives.
>>
>>3038610
686.7g of 22ct gold. Theoretically that is 3200 reales or 400 pieces of eight or about 11.2kg of fine silver.
Will keep you afloat for many years.
>>
>>3038610
>I assumed with the way the question was asked it was more or less enough to keep you afloat for a while while you begged for work.
That is what "some sivler coins" are for, the 100 doubloons are a small fortune and would be enough to buy property, start a business or invest.
Also, it is not wise to flash so much gold around, that much money still can get you killed in most places on earth today.
>>
>>3038656
It translates to around £93. In 1717 a skilled master mason or carpenter in Britain would make around £28 a year.
>>
>>3026632
I wander aimlessly around the woods until I am close to starvation. Eat some mushrooms I see on a rock, curl in the fetal position beside a tree whilst the night creeps up around me and my stomach knots in on itself and I dream of one last taste of a chicken tendie. I die with my pants soiled and a wolf gnawing off my feet
>>
>>3038930
London?
>>
>>3038964
Yep :)
>>
>>3026632
>eastern Alabama
100 miles to Atlanta and god knows how far to Savannah. If I get a horse I'm A ok. If not, it'll be a dangerous walk through immune territory. As long as I don't get scalped, I'm fine. Once I get to civilization, I'll see if I can buy some land and start a farm.
>>
Real life American metallurgist in Berlin. Don't speak a word of Deutsche but I know Latin and could try to get in with the church. Maybe "invent" songs from the next 300 years, penicillin and vaccines. Best case scenario I completely revamp metallurgy, invent the microscope and steam turbine (skipping steam engine) and the Hohenzollerns patronize me.

Please correct me if I'm completely wrong, don't know anything about 1717 Berlin.
>>
>currently in St Andrews, Scotland atm
>try and get a comfy job at the university
>probably get kicked out for retardation or saying something stupid at the time
>end up as a farmer and live simple life for a while
>if I live long enough join the army
>end up getting stationed in the Caribbean
>die of dysentery or malaria on the journey
>>
>>3039044
The soldier King is in power, stay the fuck clear of taverns and recruiting parties. English protestant is ok and should be on friendly terms. If you manage to invent puddling iron or shear steel or coke fuel you should be able to make a fortune. Prussia has possessions in the Ruhr area where natural coal and iron ore exist close to the earths surface.
>>
>>3039036
>100 miles to Atlanta
Now thats what I call a long walk.
>>
>Phoenix, AZ (visiting)
I'm utterly fucked even with dubs
>Lexington, VA (live)
The school that I go to will be built in like 30 years, so I assume there are settlers around the area that I could pal around with and try and get to Williamsburg or Jamestown. Once I get there I'd probably try and invest my doubloons into some kind of acreage in the west which I could start a farm on, since tobacco is still the king of the crops. I'd probably rip off a bunch of modern media (film, music, literature) and publish it in the sensibilities of the day. Other than that I'd probably just chill.
>>
>>3039070
About 5-10 days walk. It's pretty easy terrain. Just rolling hills with the occasional bramble.
>>
>>3026632
I will do my best to prevent picrelated from happening.
>>
>British Columbia
>uncolonised in 1700
I'd be captured by natives probably, maybe I could evade capture or convince them not to turn me into a slave or something, doubt it though
pretty fucked desu lad
>>
>>3038544
Why don't you make the city yourself? Find a small settlement of pilgrims, help them till the fields and cut down trees, turn it into something bigger. No reason you have to wait around for civilization when you can make civilization come to you.
>>
>>3028186
Just remembered that there are no European settlements in Georgia yet except for maybe some Spanish missions in the south.
>>
>Alberta, Canada
I'm probably fucked. Pierre La Vérendrye won't reach the area for over a decade, but at least I'm on a major river that used to be used as a meeting place for natives, so I probably won't be alone for long.

I'd stay all summer and overwinter with the natives, as there's no way I'm risking a trek that's thousands of km long this late in the season. The goal would be to convince the natives that there are great trade opportunities at York Factory on Hudson Bay, and then sway the British there with my basic knowledge of the inland of the continent, with the ultimate aim of becoming a benevolent colonial governor, or at least a comfy trader.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.