[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is consciousness, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images (20).jpg (4KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
4KB, 306x165px
What is consciousness, /his/?
>>
benis in bagina :---DDDD
>>
It's like when you're awake and stuff. Christ why are you college faggots so fucking stupid and dumb? Get a fucking job.
>>
>>3026519
The fifth dimension, the fourth being time/space which are both observable through our lense into reality
>>
>>3026519
a side effect of having a good memory and complex sensory capability
>>
>>3026922
>>3026880
embarrassing
this is a philosophy board
>>
>>3026938
This is a history board which made a colossal mistake.
/phi/ when?
>>
>>3026519
Consciousness is the manifested energy of one's self or soul. It is also known as the impersonal Brahman.
>>
>>3026907
The fourth dimension is transcendent state of clear consciousness which acts at the background for every other state of consciousness, called Turiya. This is attaining enlightenment by merging into the impersonal Brahman effulegence.

The fifith dimension is Bhakti, or unconditional love of God. This is attaining the highest form of enlightenment by becoming conscious of God.
>>
>>3026519
I don't have any spiritual or philosophical knowledges. I maybe wrong but I would say that it's the comon point between "I" (me) and the present moment.
>>
>>3026519

Obviously Julian Jaynes isn't considered mainstream / reputable, but if you ignore his speculative leap to the ancient bicameral mind shit and just read the first part of his book he gives the best rundown on everything consciousness *isn't* that I know of. And what it isn't is the most important thing to know about consciousness because it's a term people abuse to refer to all manner of mostly unrelated phenomena. Most of the mystery surrounding it exists specifically because people do a bad job with defining it in a coherent way before trying to make claims about it.

http://www.rational.org/pdf_files/originsjj.pdf
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.