[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roman Empirlet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0978.jpg (112KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0978.jpg
112KB, 1440x1080px
Roman Empirlet
>>
Delete this barbarian
>>
I bet you would rather be 2.5 meter nigger than 1.6 meter genius scientist
>>
File: ark3.jpg (35KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
ark3.jpg
35KB, 450x338px
>>3024391
Inb4 "empty steppe of grass"

>>3024398
You're saying you wouldn't? And why would you think they're mutually exclusive? Mongols supported science
>>
>>3024391
wow that orange blob is pretty big my friend. how long did it last, again?
>>
>>3024414
well yes I wouldn't be a nigger and mongols did nothing except kill and raid and throat sing like all mongols
>>
File: Bahadur_Shah_Zafar.jpg (41KB, 420x324px) Image search: [Google]
Bahadur_Shah_Zafar.jpg
41KB, 420x324px
>>3024429
Oh, not for long, maybe 600 years after Genghis or so

The same people who say this doesn't count say Rome lasted 2000 years
>>
File: 1498888991159.jpg (2MB, 2560x2489px) Image search: [Google]
1498888991159.jpg
2MB, 2560x2489px
>>3024444
Wasted quads
>>
woah look at all that empty space!
>>
>>3025371
>counting vast stretches of empty grass
>not counting the mediterranean
funny isnt it
>>
>>3024391
How many people speak a language descended from mongolian exactly?
>>
File: steppe-tuv[1].jpg (62KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
steppe-tuv[1].jpg
62KB, 500x333px
behold the glory of the mongol empire
>>
>>3024391
the mongols took
>they make a desert and call it peace
to a whole new level
>>
>>3026309
about 6 to 7 million

most of them write in cryllic or latin.
>>
>>3026317
Actually kinda pretty desu

Not as pretty as the Mediterranean coast but not bad.
>>
>>3026309
This is also important to note. They were just conquerors there to collect. They didn't actually have anything to offer their subjects other than some advantageous byproducts of their rampages for the subjugated survivors. They could conquer like no others but at the end of the day their culture was garbage tier.
>>
>>3026324
>>3026317
>>3025371
Did you not read the thread? You're more illiterate than the Mongols were. See >>3024414

Wealthiest trade route in the world and center of Buddhism full of giant golden statues and magic carpets is not "empty space"
>>
>>3026353
So replacing languages and culture means the Romans' is great? How is that less "mere conqueror"y than keeping them while developing your own in the meantime as the Mongols did?
>>
>>3026354
turns out if you destroy everything in your path then that path becomes a lot safer
which is great, but it's more like a silver lining
>>
WAIT FOR IT
>>
>>3026370
What are you talking about? That fortress is pre-Mongol which is the point.
>>
>>3026391
So what? They didn't build it, they found it and allowed it to keep existing.
>>
>>3024391
It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it.
>>
>go around asia burning everything
>call it an empire
>>
>>3026365
Because the Romans left a legacy, even Romanian is a more widespread language than Mongolian. Mongols really were just a fart in the wind.
>>
>>3026397
Like I just said, that's the point. It was a major region when they took control of it and it remained one.

>>3026713
Gual was not like China.
>>
>>3025416
The Mediterranean? You mean one of the most commercially active seas in history? The Mediterranean is an endless bounty for people enterprising enough to tap it, and that's why people fought over it for thousands of years and not over vast stretches of empty steppe.

And furthermore it is precisely the Mediterranean's geography which makes it a bitch to conquer and even more difficult to hold onto. Consider how handily the Persians conquered Ionian Greeks living in Asia Minor, but were stopped trying to cross the Aegean. The broken nature of the terrain makes it so that individual city states can exist independently of each other without getting throttled by a central bureaucracy and/or horde of horsemen.
>>
>if goyuk didnt die randomly every European would have Mongolian blood today.

really makes u think
>>
>>3026789
Why did the chicken cross the road?
>>
>>3026354
Mongols didn't build any of that.

Rome literally built Western Civilization.
>>
>>3024398
>t. 1.6 metres
>>
>Split between like 3 different rulers
>>
Contributions > Surface Area

Most people have fond memories of the Roman Empire, for all of it's faults.
Most people revile the Mongols for the senseless destruction they caused.
>>
>>3024398
I like the Roman empire more but I'd honestly rather be a "2.5 meter nigger" aswell, cause b-ball and women.
>>
>>3026886

it was split between their sons. The only reason the empire crumbled was due to the third khan that had no successor, otherwise India and Europe would have been conquered. Ogodei was a great administrator and at the height of the Mongolian empire knew what it took to conquer the rest of the world the deaths of the first khans sons was ironic desu
>>
Romanlets, when will they learn
>>
File: 1498923179834.jpg (329KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498923179834.jpg
329KB, 1440x1080px
I swear to god, (((Mongol Empire))) gets bigger with every thread.
>>
>>3024391

>Mongol Empire, an empire that stretched huge swaths of land but most of it was untapped and they didn't bother taking advantage of it

>Rome which literally built Civilizations and the ramifications of it last to this day in every field of humanity

Really made me think anon.
>>
>>3028038
>He believes the revisionist crap that implies the Mongol empire didn't encompass the entirety of the Sol System.
>>
>>3024391
>Look at all this.....nothing that we conquered!!
>>
>>3024391
The Mongol Horde was less civilized and honestly less consequential but they would have ravaged the Roman Empire wouldn't they?
>>
File: the real mongol empire.jpg (240KB, 934x547px) Image search: [Google]
the real mongol empire.jpg
240KB, 934x547px
>>3028953
> the entirety of the Sol System
Nice way to downplay their achievements.
>>
>>3031888
I see no reason to think the Romans would fare better than anyone else did. Just in China the Mongols defeated th Tanguts, the Song and the Jin. All of these were among the world's most powerful and advanced civilizations at the time. They fought the Khwarazmians in Iran, another incredibly powerful civilization. And these weren't like the Hungarians who were relatively unfamiliar with steppe nomad tactics. They all had experience fighting mongol like peoples.
>>
As we know:
1. Most of the land the Mongols "ruled" was empty wasteland, steppes and deserts as opposed to populated, civilized and militarily-capable regions with Rome.
2. Mongol khanates were short-lived and the few that actually lasted a while only lasted by adopting the civilization, customs, etc. of the conquered land, e.g. China, whereas Rome lasted from it's Republic days way up to 1453 in Byzantium, and ever since in it's accomplishments being emulated the world over well deserving it's capital's nickname of the Eternal City.
>>
>>3026893
That's mostly because the Romans were much more thorough in their destruction.
>>
>>3031936
>only lasted by adopting the civilization, customs, etc. of the conquered land, e.g. China, whereas Rome lasted from it's Republic days way up to 1453 in Byzantium,

You didn't think anyone would take this bait, did you?
>>
>>3026828
Name one thing the Romans really did in Western Europe outside Italy other than build some walls and aqueducts.

As shown by the status of Manchurian today and the imposition of Cyrillic, the Mongolian languages were and are on the defensive side, so why would they try to replace Chinese with it? Instead they iinvented 3 new scripts by 1700. Like the other poster said >>3031944, Romans were simply more thorough in their destruction.

>>3028048
Untapped? They built up their own country starting with less than anyone else, I'd say that's as tapping as it gets.

>>3030282
Yeah, "nothing", that's why Alexander the Great built half his cities there.
>>
>>3024398
>1.6 meter
i would rather suicide to be perfectly honest.
>>
>>3033637
>Name one thing the Romans really did in Western Europe outside Italy other than build some walls and aquedu
Where ever they went, Romans established the rule of law. Romans didn't care who you are or what gods you pray to, as long as you pay your taxes and kept the peace. They commissioned public works projects on a scale that Europe had never seen before. Pax Romana was an unprecedented era of peace in Europe, allowing for an exchange of ideas which fundamentally altered the ideological composition of Western civilization.
>>
File: 1479338766464.jpg (10KB, 173x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479338766464.jpg
10KB, 173x200px
>>3025416
>>3026789

Espically when you consider how many Naval battles the Romans fought for naval supremacy and that eliminating piracy was one of their top objectives after they eliminated all other naval powers, and how important the Mediterranean was for trade.

"Mare Nostrum".
>>
>>3026789
> You mean one of the most commercially active seas in history?
the indian ocean trade was a lot larger
>>
>>3033877
> Roman naval supremacy
the roman navy was a joke they got their shit pushed in by the vandals
>>
>>3024391
Could the American Empire conquer the Mongol Empire in under 10 years?
>>
>>3026886
desu that happened to Rome multiple times
tons of civil wars
>>
>>3031907
But how does this compare to the Ancient Finnish Empire?
>>
>>3024391
How mongol conquer Taiwan? They suck at sea and failed their conquest in Japan and Indonesia.
>>
>>3024414
>makes a stupid thread
>gets butthurt when called out
Lol
>>
>>3036134
>anyone who agrees with OP is OP

Newfagthought in a nutshell.
>>
Bumping for truth
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.