[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Britain and France not declare war on the USSR when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Lviv_1939_Sov_Cavalry (1).jpg (70KB, 477x359px) Image search: [Google]
Lviv_1939_Sov_Cavalry (1).jpg
70KB, 477x359px
Why did Britain and France not declare war on the USSR when it invaded Poland?
>>
>>3023390
Because fighting one totalitarian menace at a time is hard enough. No sense making things worse.
>>
Treaty of Versailles was to protect Poland from Germany, not Russia/Soviet Union. Also, Russia was on their side in WW1.
>>
>>3023390
Because Hitler invaded first, so they started with him. No sense trying to take on Multiple superpowers at once.
There was a real desire among the West's leaders, mostly Churchill and Patton, to try to take on Stalin after the war was over but the public was too tired after 6 years of war already.
>>
>>3023436
>Patton
>After the war
>>
>>3023436
Soviet union wasn't considered a superpower. Allies were thinking of bombing oil fields in Baku in 1940, so Soviets stoped sending it to Germany
>>
>>3023441
Yeah?
>>
>>3023470
Patton died in unusual circumstances right at the end of the war
>>
>>3023473
Nigga he died in December 1945. The war was over in August(may if you only count Europe)
>>
>>3023390
What were the reasons to decalre war?
>>
>>3023441
You don't read to well anon. He is talking about what they wanted to do after the war had ended, in the future. While the war was still raging.
>>
>>3023582
He also seem to believe that Patton died during the war, so there is more than just one issue here
>>
>>3023390

I know that for a Nazi the smart thing to do is to declare war on everyone else, complain when they donĀ“t surrender and then cry like a little girl when the enemy proceeds to stamp you.

But other countries had other strategies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.