[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Japanese economy: what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: japan-stock-market.png (26KB, 688x325px) Image search: [Google]
japan-stock-market.png
26KB, 688x325px
The Japanese economy: what went wrong?
>>
>>3021695
Inflation
>>
File: Milton-Friedman.jpg (90KB, 802x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Milton-Friedman.jpg
90KB, 802x1165px
>>3021695
Big government and regulations.
>>
>>3021695
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)
>>
File: DAX-Lang-48.jpg (29KB, 604x306px) Image search: [Google]
DAX-Lang-48.jpg
29KB, 604x306px
>>3021695
not enough immigrants from somalia and north africa.
>>
Nothing. They're fine. Infinite number growth is a meme. Most Japanese industries are still peerless.
>>
>>3021703
The Japanese post WW2 economy was run similar to the war economy with consumer good instead of munitions, when the "old guard" economists retired and died off the new generation tried to implement free markets like the west and then the economy collapsed and never recovered

Free markets are the ultimate meme
>>
>>3021695
I find the Japanese economic policy fascinating.
Because it kind of works... When it really shouldn't.
Japan suffers from a lack of innovation and entrepreneurship, they rely on big business a lot.
But, i think they're setting their economy up to survive the age structure of the population. Something no other country in the world seems to be doing (aka Germany importing workers for decades now)
>>
George Soros
>>
>>3021695

stock market != whole economy

also, all other asian countries started to compete with them that had something to do with it
>>
>>3021695
China
>>
>>3021703
Always wondered:
Why did this guy win the noble prize? He crashed the economy of an entire nation in the ground. Did they actually think he was a genius before that?
>>
>>3021695
Coerced into signing the plaza accord after yellow peril.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaza_Accord
>>
Having a hell of a lot of companies holding monopolies / majority market share of a certain product will do that to you.
>>
>>3021695

Growth for the sake of growth is the definition of a cancer.

If Japan's population is not growing then their economy not shooting up is not a bad thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.