[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You'll never build the pyramids Why even live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: GizaPyramids[1].jpg (170KB, 980x705px) Image search: [Google]
GizaPyramids[1].jpg
170KB, 980x705px
>You'll never build the pyramids

Why even live
>>
>>3020082

Nobody is stopping you, go find a patch of wasteland, buy 300,000,000 tonnes of concrete, and get to work.
>>
>>3020082
>you'll never be forced to leave your farm every year to be whipped as you haul 20 tonne stones from the quarry to the pyramid site for 4 months
>>
>>3020092
Better than being terminally NEET. At least you'd get to meet some people.
>>
>>3020092
I read that they were paid workers.
>>
>>3020097
Its funny because its true
>>
>>3020092
>forced

The Nile does this thing called "flooding" for four months every year. Work on monuments such as the pyramids happened during these months, when farmers would otherwise be unemployed, and in part such labor existed to provide these unemployed farmers with paid work. In fact, this wor was highly sought after, both because it paid well, and because it was considered to be "good or the soul" to work on such projects.
>>
File: asd.jpg (71KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
71KB, 600x797px
>>3020082
puny white men don't have the technology required to build the pyramids
>>
File: pyramid-of-cestius.jpg (26KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid-of-cestius.jpg
26KB, 550x413px
>Cestius you can't build a pyramid in Rome!
>bitch please, i'm Cestius, I can build wherever I wish.

Fucking Egyptboos
>>
>>3020245
He actually built it outside Rome
>>
>>3020107
What are you smoking? This highly unlikely for a variety of reasons.

They gathered a bunch of people from further up the Nile and essentially coerced if not outright forced them to do public works. "Slavery" itself is just a matter of semantics.
>>
>>3020278
I know. Though it ended up being swallowed up over the centuries by the surrounding sprawl and the Aurelian wall incorporated it into the design.
>>
>>3020099

Paid and forced are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>3020090
>implying the pyramids are made from plebby concrete
>>
If I ever become a billionaire I will have one built
>>
File: QueenoftheVirgins.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
QueenoftheVirgins.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>3021045

Wonder what it would cost to build one these days; we could totally crowd source it. Dedicate it to Gsays.... or as they spelled in Roman times; Iesus.
>>
>>3020245
When somebody told me about this I thought they were joking. Then I played assassin's creed (this was well before I got into history) and was wondering what a dumb hunk of rock was doing there on the map.
>>
File: 1493288399181.png (224KB, 662x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493288399181.png
224KB, 662x420px
>>3021391

Some hunks of rocks are more equal than others.

>Or as they say aman is the measure of all things...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.