[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nazi (or just controversial) memorials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: memorial.jpg (383KB, 904x604px) Image search: [Google]
memorial.jpg
383KB, 904x604px
I'm going to be in Europe for the next few years for work, and I've already explored a lot of the history around the UK. But coming from Georgia, with the controversy over Confederate memorials, I'm wondering if that exists here at all?

There must be some Nazi memorials hidden in local rural cemeteries or something. I remember seeing pics from 2007 of a French cemetery that had wreaths honoring executed SS soldiers, but that one was removed. There's still some interesting stuff, like crosses to Germans forced from their homes in Eastern Europe, but nothing much openly Nazi that I can find.

Also, just controversial memorials and monuments in general would be appreciated.

>Is OP a Nazi?
No, I just like politics and history, and with the way Europe is going I think they'll all be gone entirely in the next decade or so.
>Go to /pol/
They only LARP as Nazis and don't know any real history, or care
>>
>>3019806
>There's still some interesting stuff, like crosses to Germans forced from their homes in Eastern Europe, but nothing much openly Nazi that I can find.
That's not related to Nazis, but Germans. And with the rise of urban left the amount of memorials to the expelees grows larger.

also this might be interesting to you
>https://www.volksbund.de/en/presse/volksbund.html
>>
>>3019862
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.
There are some memorials specifically to Nazis, but they're well-hidden.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-german-war-graves-of-berchtesgaden

Mostly set up by families. When I was in Latvia for a day trip, our guide drove us past cemeteries for the Latvian Legion and I saw a large marble monument of their unit patch. Latvia also has Legionnaires Day, which the rest of Europe slaps them on the wrist for.
>>
File: feldbach.jpg (971KB, 1658x1328px) Image search: [Google]
feldbach.jpg
971KB, 1658x1328px
I wouldn't call it a Nazi memorial, but Feldbach (Austria) has monuments dedicated to SS-men (Galicia division) and UNA forces who fought there in 1945
>>
>>3019904
>u*rainians
>>
File: feldbach2.jpg (372KB, 880x996px) Image search: [Google]
feldbach2.jpg
372KB, 880x996px
>>3019904
>>
File: feldbach3.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
feldbach3.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>>3019911
Feldbach also has a Fallschirmjäger memorial.
>>
File: Kriegerdenkmal_in_Straß.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Kriegerdenkmal_in_Straß.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>3019914
In general though, monuments that were specifically built for ww2 soldiers are not that common I think. Usually, names of fallen soldiers and "1939-1945" were just added to the memorials that had been built after WW1, like in this one for example.
>>
>>3019904
Interesting, I've heard Ukraine has a lot of memorials to him but I'm not sure if work will be happy with me going there. His grave is in Germany, though.
>>
allies destroyed almost everything after ww2 becouse of denazification. You are lucky if you find some in small villages, but thats it you wont find any swastika for sure.
>>
By the way, what is the name of the cemetery for the Latvian Legion? I saw it clearly marked in Latvia but I think the info is scrubbed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.