[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethnic Americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (142KB, 500x750px)
image.jpg
142KB, 500x750px
Which ethnicities are ethnically American, In that they are unique products of the development of the Americas through ethnogenesis.

Mestizos
Blatinos
Black Americans(griffes)
etc.
>>
Oh what standard white Americans don't count as unique ethnicity any more?

Pfft
>>
you make this same thread everytime with the same pic

no one is going to call black americans griffes you literal autist
>>
File: moor.png (8KB, 498x560px)
moor.png
8KB, 498x560px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv15-bfLKeA

>tfw whiteys destroyed moorish american civilization
>>
>>3018074
Because they are not unique to the Americas.
>>
>>3018068
Bump
>>
The Native americans maybe?
>>
>>3018068
Are white Americans a unique "white" ethnic group?
>>
File: minersprotest2[1].jpg (67KB, 512x340px) Image search: [Google]
minersprotest2[1].jpg
67KB, 512x340px
>>3018074
Appalachians. They are a living time capsule, a mountain bound group of Ulster Scots cut off from mainstream American society by geography and culture. Derided and spurned by the rest of the country, they continue to exist as an insular, persistent subgroup within greater American society.
>>
>>3018739
Genetically they are not unique to the Americas, they are exactly the same as scots.
>>
>>3018781
which us why were taking ethnography and culture/identity, not just genetics.
>>
File: stereotypes-up-8[1].jpg (49KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
stereotypes-up-8[1].jpg
49KB, 720x540px
>>3018739
Yoopers. Michigan's upper peninsula is known for its harsh winters and somewhat remote location. Settled mostly by Finns and various other Scandinavian groups, the upper peninsula has taken on a cuisine and dialect peculiar to most of white America.
>>
>>3018090
In that case you can take Black Americans off that list too, as for your question I guess the only real answer is full blooded Amerindians since anything above Mestizo (if we're going off the Spanish Caste system) has Spaniard or some sort of European blood in them.
>>
File: image_684.JPG.resize.800x450[1].jpg (48KB, 797x450px) Image search: [Google]
image_684.JPG.resize.800x450[1].jpg
48KB, 797x450px
>>3018805
Italians. There was no such thing as "An Italian" until they got here. At the time of mass immigration from the Italian peninsula and nearby Sicily, what we now call Italy was a loose collection of states, a motley band of languages, and many different ethnic groups that didn't feel much affinity to each other. Much of what we Americans think of as quintessentially Italian didn't exist in Italy (Spaghetti and meat sauce is culinary Blasphemy in Italy). The people we call Italians in America and the Italians that inhabit modern day Italy are distinctly different groups.
>>
>>3018739
>WV
>Ulster Scots
Well, not really anymore, they are mixed too. WV especially in the panhandle got a ton of German and Slavic blood.
>>
>>3018830
But black Americans are genetically unique to the Americas. They are literal products of American history. Anglos or Latins+west African+native. People like them are intrinsically tied to America(s).
>>
>>3018068
English/Anglo-saxons are the founders of USA therefore they are the main american ethnicity, all those others you mentioned are just mixes of races that exist everywhere there is race mixing involved.
>>
>>3018846
Are they really? In that case most White Americans would be genetically unique to the Americas too, especially the Anglo Americans or the German Americans who would end up being the people who struck out west and eventually mixed with the Natives.

I'm just saying if you're going to include Black Americans, you have to include White Americans too because they practically become their own thing after all these years
>>
File: Traditional_Amish_buggy[1].jpg (2MB, 3648x1843px) Image search: [Google]
Traditional_Amish_buggy[1].jpg
2MB, 3648x1843px
>>3018836
Amish. Of all the European immigrant groups in the US, none have retained their heritage as well as the Amish. They hold to old ways, speak their old language, and practice their old religion. Unlike nearly every other European group, they are not slowly assimilating into the stew of White America; their numbers are actually growing.
>>
>>3018859
But they are not unique to the Americas. They are not children of American history. Ironically the founding fathers have more "black" descendants than white ones today. The average black American and mestizo are much more deeply rooted in America and the Americas at large than the average white American(Ellis island).
>>
File: Watercolor%20Picture%20I[1].jpg (338KB, 940x638px) Image search: [Google]
Watercolor%20Picture%20I[1].jpg
338KB, 940x638px
>>3018862
Cajuns. Their name is a corruption of "Acadians", Acadia being there place of origin, a land far different from southern Louisiana. French colonists of coastal Canada were expelled from their homeland in the wake of the Seven Years war. Many of their number were settled in Louisiana where they speak a unique dialect of french. Do not confuse them with Louisiana Creoles; they hate that. Generally speaking, Cajuns are backwoods country folk; Creoles are city slickers. Creoles like the time honored tradition of French cooking; Cajuns make a stew out of "anything that'll fly, crawl, or swim."
>>
>>3018908
se vrai, peshwank
>>
File: 1.png (24KB, 862x375px)
1.png
24KB, 862x375px
Interessant
>>
File: almonds successfully activated.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
almonds successfully activated.gif
2MB, 480x270px
I don't even know what the point of these threads are at this point or what anybody's endgame is.
>>
>>3018908
And finally, American whites. While your Average American Euromutt can name (usually more than three) countries where their ancestors came from, they are the cultural descendants of English colonists. As was previously mentioned in the thread, most people in this group have rather shallow roots in America, being descended, not from colonists, but from the massive waves of European immigrants that flooded the country post 1840. So powerful were the forces of American assimilation, that this motley crew of Swedes, Dutch, Germans, Irish, Brits, etc. was transformed into a standard American in the mold of the White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

I'm personally in this group with ancestors from Norway (got here in the 1870s), England (1958 or so), and Ukraine (1913). I've got one little tendril of my family tree that goes back to 1750s Vermont, but it accounts for little of my makeup.
>>
>>3018081

How did they discover that the Mississippi was actually the Nile? We destroyed all the written evidence!
>>
>>3018960
And there you have it. Six white ethnicities unique to this country, and I'm certain there's more.
>>
>>3018933
>even our blacks are white

checkmate, yuropoors
>>
File: blackIrish.png (423KB, 712x436px) Image search: [Google]
blackIrish.png
423KB, 712x436px
The Black Irish of the Caribbean. They are a unique culture that is Irish and west African.
They are indentured servant Irish and African slave hybrids.

Irish did a documentary on them years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZNEloGC1oI they still have Irish accents kek.
>>
File: plh.jpg (123KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
plh.jpg
123KB, 750x500px
>>3019088
There's also Polish Haitians, the result of runaway Napoleon's Polish troops mating with niggers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Haitians
>>
>>3018956
I think it's some delusional black or half black guy trying to be a snowflake. Doesn't feel like regular shitposting/trolling at this point
>>
>>3018457
The mixed ethnic group ones are. "Ethnic" looking whites are less common unless you go to Polish American/Irish American/Italian American/Scandinavian American areas. I think the largest white ethnic group (German Americans) assimilated a while ago.

All of which were treated like shit by Anglo-Saxon Americans, to near blatant racism levels.
>>
>>3018859
>therefore they are the main ethnicity

Wrong, German Americans outnumber them. The Krauts invades America during the mid-late 1880s, but many changed their names to hide their roots (Schmitt became Smith, anyone with a -stein or -burg either changed it or kept it, the Jewish ones were 50/50).
>>
>>3018956
Why does he look like Eddie Murphy and Charles Murphy combined into one with a nice haircut?
>>
>>3019088
As an ethnic group, Irish Jamaicans are the second most common group in Jamaica, making up 25% of the population.

t. Jamaican American with some non-black (Irish, Chinese, Indian) ancestry a few generations back.
>>
Afro-Asians like Nicky Minaj
Supreme Gentlemen
>>
>>3018875
WE
>>
>>3019356
Terrible example, she's a quarter Indian and made out of plastic. Chilli from TLC is half Bengali though.
>>
>>3018068
Bump
>>
I feel like you have to have your own language and/or religion distinguished from your neighbors to be a distinct ethnicity. Or at least a heavy dialect. I don't think African-American English or Appalachian English really qualify.
>>
>>3018919
Googled it. Kekd.
>>
>>3018875
This is actually true, Thomas Jefferson literally had some nigger haplogroup from the horn of Africa.
It also shines some light on the fact that America under the founding fathers was an irrelevant, poor shithole while the white immigrants, especially the Germans, made America into a superpower.
>>
>>3021002
>tfw the most historically important battle of the American Revolution was the French siege of Gibraltar and no Americans were there.
>>
Amerindians
The rest are hybrid mogrels
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.