[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boddhisattvas in Mahayana

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Jizou-Bosatsu.jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
Jizou-Bosatsu.jpg
10KB, 183x275px
How powerful are the Boddhisattvas of Buddhism? Are they omnipotent beings? Are they omniscient? Omnipresent?
>>
I'm not really a buddhist but I remember things like creating alternate dimensions, teleportation, telepathy, creating new copies of themselves that can teach the dharma, etc.
>>
>>3017904

They're just people. No magic powers.
>>
>>3017935
Not quite. The idea of human/animal/spirit/gods are all things that Bodhisattva transcends.

>>3017920
This is more akin to the Bodhisattva. Even the old Buddha tells how magic/illusion are mere tricks that a bodhisattva/stream-enterer should not engage/be distracted by.
>>
File: IMG_1696.jpg (191KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1696.jpg
191KB, 640x480px
Avalokitesvara is definitely powerful in that regard. I can't think of any other Bodhisattvas that are equivalent.

Avalokitesvara was originally male, but the Chinese turned him into a female and she goes by the name of Guan Yin.

What's ironic is that Tibetan Vajrayana followers believe that the Dalai Lama is the reincarnation of Avalokitesvara, but in reality, he's just a regular monk. I've never been too impressed with the Dalai Lama at all.
>>
>>3018059
Doesn't Gautama Buddha use these 'tricks' to teach the dharma?
For example Gautama sends an image to his mother to teach her?
Also amitabha created his pure land through these tricks as well.
>>
>>3018122
Guatama'a mother died when she gave birth to him.
>>
>>3018132
Ok maybe I was getting confused about which bodhisattva I was thinking about.
The one I'm thinking about felt sorry for his mother and taught her the dharma from earth while she was in heaven through an image.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.